The Weird, Random or Interesting Things That Fit Nowhere Else Thread

Blarghagh

zbLYwtN.gif

I swear I read "trolling behaviour". lol

They are trolling, I see no flies.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

43511018_2140836332602939_31982685496803

That's really not how it works. I mean, apart from the grammar mistake, that reads like something a dumb parent wrote because they didn't understand why their child was being held accountable for actions. Your child may have been completely justified in hitting back, but the school still has to hold him or her accountable.

I hit an 8th grader who had bullied me all year long when I was a 7th grader. He was pushing me in the back, and I turned around and swung. Amazingly I connected and gave him a great big shiner. This was a formative moment in my life and I don't regret it, but I also completely understand getting suspended. There are consequences to actions, even when justifiable.

You can rarely be held too accountable. My daughter got suspended for spraining the wrist of another girl a couple weeks ago. In the end, it seemed to be a bit of an overreaction by the administration. She was wrestling with a friend and the friend got hurt. The friend wasn't upset at my daughter, but apparently other kids made it sound like my daughter hurt her on purpose. At the end of the day though, it was more important that we teach our daughter about accountability than make excuses for her. 

So the lesson here is that the Hurlshots get in trouble a lot. :p

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 2

Your child may have been completely justified in hitting back, but the school still has to hold him or her accountable.

Hah, unless it was my high school. Good life lesson when a Grade 13 can get away with choking out a Grade 8 with his tie. Granted I was the Grade 13 student at the time, but still looking back you think I'd have gotten more than "hey cut that out" :lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/10/extreme-heat-of-vesuvius-eruption-vaporized-body-fluids-exploded-skulls/

The catastrophic eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD wiped out several nearby towns and killed thousands of people. It has long been supposed that the vast majority died from asphyxiation, choking on the thick clouds of noxious gas and ash. But a recent paper by Italian archaeologists concludes that at least some of the Vesuvian victims died instantaneously from the intense heat of fast-moving lava flows, with temperatures high enough to boil brains and explode skulls.

Alas, poor Caecilius

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"That's really not how it works. I mean, apart from the grammar mistake, that reads like something a dumb parent wrote because they didn't understand why their child was being held accountable for actions. Your child may have been completely justified in hitting back, but the school still has to hold him or her accountable.

I hit an 8th grader who had bullied me all year long when I was a 7th grader. He was pushing me in the back, and I turned around and swung. Amazingly I connected and gave him a great big shiner. This was a formative moment in my life and I don't regret it, but I also completely understand getting suspended. There are consequences to actions, even when justifiable.

You can rarely be held too accountable. My daughter got suspended for spraining the wrist of another girl a couple weeks ago. In the end, it seemed to be a bit of an overreaction by the administration. She was wrestling with a friend and the friend got hurt. The friend wasn't upset at my daughter, but apparently other kids made it sound like my daughter hurt her on purpose. At the end of the day though, it was more important that we teach our daughter about accountability than make excuses for her. 

So the lesson here is that the Hurlshots get in trouble a lot. :p"

Nazi Lawful Evil Teacher detected.

That is the attitude that has people who have their hoiuses broken into, are threatened, and then shoot the scumbags.. whioa re then arrested in thrown in priosn  because it is the right thing to do.

It is real simple. Someone attacks someone. The person who got hit has every right and obligation to hit back ten times harder with no punishment. Self Defense is a basic right. PERIOD.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I dont know if its true but Ive always heard that if you shoot someone below the waist it wont be considered "attemted murder". So the moral of the story is that if someone breaks into your house while you're there, shoot them in the junk. You will a lesser charge and it would probably be hilarious. :lol:

• Like 2

Well the femoral artery is near there.

Maybe one of those bean bag guns would be best

• Like 1

Owner sounds like a prick if it's true he grabbed the guy and dragged him to the office to tell him to cover up. His face isn't that bad, I guess my years of looking at myself in the mirror have made me immune to such sights. :p

^Sadly, I can't say because no way in hell am I clicking that link.

The article contains a picture of the guy and he's completely missing his nose and left eye. You can see right into the cavities.

I mean, pity aside, when do the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few (one)?

http://time.com/5425477/nyc-no-shootings-weekend-nypd/

New York City goes an entire weekend without any shootings.

"“A city of 8.6 million people, not a single shooting for three days,” he (Bill de Blasio) said. He called it an “extraordinary” achievement and credited the NYPD for the streak."

It's a bit amusing what qualifies as news in various places of the world. In my country it's all over the news if a shooting takes place. In NYC it's news if it doesn't happen for a couple of days. I get that NYC is densely populated, but still!

Edited by Thingolfin
  • Like 2