The Weird, Random or Interesting Things That Fit Nowhere Else Thread

Blarghagh

• Like 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/blanks-to-be-fired-during-active-shooter-drill-at-local-school/831977346

I guess the next step will to have basic combat training elements in PE class :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/blanks-to-be-fired-during-active-shooter-drill-at-local-school/831977346

I guess the next step will to have basic combat training elements in PE class :p

We've been doing that for years. Ever heard of dodgeball? :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Safe spaces are for the weak and the pathetic. Anyone who attends this space except to mock those who participate are  losers. same as those who go to 'minority safe spaces'.   But,t his is what the Left wanted - all race sin their separate corners.    Wasn't the point of Martin Luthor King and co to stop separation and get everyone together? WHAT THE HELL.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It sounds less like a safe space and more like a brainwashing workshop where white students can be taught the proper level of self loathing. And the best part is, everyone hates the idea anyway!

If I could a give a high school student close to graduation on nugget of advice it would be this: Don't go to college! :lol:

5o0pg.jpg

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

I'm just glad it hasn't reached my country yet (much) like it has in Sweden and the US, but no doubt it will. I keep getting that song from the South Park episode about Mormons in my head when I think about it. "dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb".

• Like 2

I see this as no different than trigger warnings, which I believe most posters here have echoed deemed as necessary in todays scary world. Hell, my great grandchildren will probably be the minorities so maybe its a good idea that we get ahead of this.

Im just kidding. Weve become soft and weak and China will give us five across the eyes in due time. :( I wonder if there is a single "safe space" anywhere in the entire country.

University under fire for creating a safe space for white students called 'White Awake'.

The University of Maryland was forced to take down flyers and change the name of a counseling program that offered “safe space for white students” after sparking outrage on campus.

Bwahahahaha, that was fast! Holy crap that's funny. :lol:

I think a major problem with safe spaces is that adversarial nature many of them establish towards people that are defined by something they can't change. Private group meetings are fine, but if it's a public club then barring access to certain identities throws up some major warning signs. If its a space tailored for certain types of individuals that imposes certain criteria for behavior and topics. Then that is fine. Such as group meant for Somali Migrant Woman to help each other navigate their new home. What tends to not be great is when you have "public" (open invitation to the right sort of person) sessions which are just "decompression echo chambers" whose premise is based around establishing a narrative of one's grievances against an abstract group, where anyone of that abstract group is barred entry. Typically because what is being said not only lacks tact and candor, but is wrought with lies or failed distinctions which the participants don't want pointed out.

You only have to look as far as Goldstein's incident to see what people intend to propagate when certain people are denied even ear shot of these sessions.

University under fire for creating a safe space for white students called 'White Awake'.

The University of Maryland was forced to take down flyers and change the name of a counseling program that offered “safe space for white students” after sparking outrage on campus.

Bwahahahaha, that was fast! Holy crap that's funny. :lol:

Well... they successfully have advertised the intent of the group, and now they can point to this renamed group as the rally point for the old premise.

I think it's funny that you guys act like colleges haven't always been breeding grounds for strange social experiments. Terminology changes doesn't mean college campuses are much different than they were in the 60's. 

It's also good to keep some perspective. Even the most liberal college in the world, UC Berkeley, is still going to have a ton of students, departments, and professors working on more practical academics than these stories would have you believe.

• Like 2

All that spam is irrelevant. Nobody is gonna discuss stuff that is the same, boring, or old. They're gonna discuss the extreme, different, and new stuff. IMAGIEN THAT. Newsworthy stuff is newsworthy.

Afterall, a story that says,"students go to class as  the new school year begins." is not news and not worthy of speaking about. LMAO

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

For the 15th year in a row, UN ranks Norway the best country to live in, in their annual human development report. Do they not realize how much it rains here, and how cold the winters are?

Ireland had the highest increase in their ranking, while South Asia was the fastest growing region.

http://report.hdr.undp.org/

GlobalNews - Emotional classic car auction stuns family

At an auction, about $100,000 was raised for two young children whose parents died a few months ago. "They basically stopped the auction, let everybody know what was happening, where the money was going to go, and then we were shocked what happened after that... The car was sold for $29,000 and then was donated back. Then it was sold for $30,000 and donated back. Then it went for $20,000 and donated back again."

• Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

More proof the Pyramids were made by aliens.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra