The Weird, Random or Interesting Things That Fit Nowhere Else Thread

Blarghagh

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Go to Exit Mundi for a nice collection of apocalyptic scenarios. Some of them are hilarious. I especially loved the one where we're simply destroyed by crops modified to grow literally everywhere.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They ultimately voted to keep their old flag than get a new one.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

My father-in-law has a lot of health issues after driving a truck most of his life, and I was thinking about how sore I was after driving a few long days in the RV, plus reading Keyrock's truck adventures. It got me thinking about how you can stay healthy as a professional driver, and this was the best article I read about it:

https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a19534152/on-the-road-fitness/

BBC - Heatwave reveals 17th century garden

_102683152_southlawnparchmarks1.jpg

The patterns of where flowerbeds and paths once were can be seen under the South Lawn's scorched grass.

Head of gardens Steve Porter said he had known the designs that date back to 1699 were hidden underneath the lawn.

• Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

"Scary and sad"

So.. the cops come in guns ablazing  without a warrant on private property and coldly murders the owner of the house.  People at elikely to use this as why people should haven't guns.. but, for me, this shows why the police shouldn't be allowed to have guns. They don't know how to use them responsibly. And, I bet the officers will suffer no repercussions. for this murder. EVIL.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.