Play a Transmuter.

What if the Ogre companion is a transmuter? Will he change into a giant? :blink:

And talking about changing forms, can we get a druid subclass that can assume a groot tree form?

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/99146-share-pictures-of-your-watcher/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2022393

Actually Obsidian could totally make a parody recruit that samples all this stuff. Any number of beings made of trees could fill this role. Screaming "I AM ROOT" totally works.

• Like 2

Yes! We have no bananas.

A Vithrak, a fampyr and a Xaurip would all be welcome. Ogres would probably bother me in the long run because of their size. But yeah, generally non-kith races would be a great and intersting alternation.

There is both a Vithrack and a Xaurip you can recruit.

They aren't party members, and the pc can't be one. Its not the same.

A Vithrak, a fampyr and a Xaurip would all be welcome. Ogres would probably bother me in the long run because of their size. But yeah, generally non-kith races would be a great and intersting alternation.

And poor Big Mouth doesn't have any scripted interactions because he only has the Wilder trait. :(

Can we get an ogre party member in future DLC with a decent story line? Kind of disappointing they didn't do it with Pillars 2. Sure he might be very strong, but you can offset this my not letting him wear most armors etc, like it's done in many games.  Anyone else enjoy out of the norm monster races as options?

I'm always down for more "unusual" races in RPGs. I've been pining for playable kobolds in a D&D comupter game for awhile now.

Please no.  This is rampant silliness.  Stick with the regular races.  Also, IIRC, there isn't even a single dwarf companion or sidekick in POE2 at this time.  (EDIT: My bad.  One of the sidekicks is a dwarf.)  Even the single Pale Elf is a weird one, being a cosmopolitan animancer (and who knows what else) living in the Deadfire, rather than something less strange.

If we wanted something less than normal, I'd prefer different subraces of the primary races.  Another flavor of Elf or Dwarf, perhaps.    Maybe an aquatic elf (not really ocean inhabitants so much as elves that live by the oceans, making their livings on and by the sea, etc. 

Edited by Crucis
  • Like 1

Can we get an ogre party member in future DLC with a decent story line? Kind of disappointing they didn't do it with Pillars 2. Sure he might be very strong, but you can offset this my not letting him wear most armors etc, like it's done in many games.  Anyone else enjoy out of the norm monster races as options?

I'm always down for more "unusual" races in RPGs. I've been pining for playable kobolds in a D&D comupter game for awhile now.

Please no.  This is rampant silliness.  Stick with the regular races.  Also, IIRC, there isn't even a single dwarf companion or sidekick in POE2 at this time.  Even the single Pale Elf is a weird one, being a cosmopolitan animancer (and who knows what else) living in the Deadfire, rather than something less strange.

If we wanted something less than normal, I'd prefer different subraces of the primary races.  Another flavor of Elf or Dwarf, perhaps.    Maybe an aquatic elf (not really ocean inhabitants so much as elves that live by the oceans, making their livings on and by the sea, etc. 

Thats all boring, you get out of here! I want to be a Xaurip! ;)

• Like 2

What if the Ogre companion is a transmuter? Will he change into a giant? :blink:

Ner. Ogre Transmuters get Form of the Average Person which transforms them into a human for 30s. This reduces their Might and Constitution but does increase their Intellect and allows them to use gear.

• Like 1

An Ogre, a Vithrak and a Xaurip walk into a bar...

All we need here is a special DLC called "The League of Extraordinary Wild Gentlemen" in which we can recruit:

- Xzfghwt, a xaurip monk with very bad manners and very poor sight

- Urghrm, an singing ogre chanter who often forgets the lyrics of his songs

- Tchshgshwsh, a stuttering vithrak cipher who is afraid of open areas

- Armando, a fampyr with stunningly awful spanish accent

- ...?

Please commit your needs for more of them!

• Like 5

The owls are not what they seem.

All we need here is a special DLC called "The League of Extraordinary Wild Gentlemen" in which we can recruit:

- ...?

Xzfghwt post-172815-0-61165100-1528745755.png

Urghrm post-172815-0-42506900-1528745773.png

Tchshgshwsh post-172815-0-17289100-1528745792.png

Armando post-172815-0-69016200-1528745819.png

This all have in the game on the crew, ship-members. :yes:

Edited by Khagmas
  • Like 3

- ...?

Xzfghwt attachicon.gifportrait_mother_sharp_rock_sm.png

Urghrm attachicon.gifportrait_birta_sm.png

Tchshgshwsh attachicon.gifportrait_big_mouth_sm.png

Armando attachicon.gifportrait_copperhead_sm.png

This all have in the game on the crew, ship-members. :yes:

It shouldn't be too difficult to create a special event (scripted interaction) when every kith in the boat gets sick and these guys are left to save the day. Come on Obsidian ;)

• Like 2

sign.jpg

Particularly freakish party members would require a lot more reactivity for proper immersion, which would likewise raise development costs. It's probably better just to leave them as potential crew members.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

isn't Ydwin basically a fampyr?

Free games updated 3/4/21