Everything posted by melkathi
- STEAM!
-
Pictures of your games Part 6
Only came out recently. They changed a few things. The BAD: you can't (yet) transfer your previous character because they revamped the classes completly (6 new ones instead of the old 3). People say it is short. Then again it also costs less But overall it is the same formula as before so quite fun. And it is a bit more Katarina focused - great for me as she is one of my favourite npcs ever.
-
Pictures of your games Part 6
Been playing van Helsing 3 Very glad they kept the old humour. Who cares if they changed some other stuff. I think most people after a point were playing for the van Helsing - Katarina banter. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=458541757 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=455124412
-
XCOM 2
Was reading the dedicated ign article about the PC exclusivity: http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/06/05/why-xcom-2-had-to-be-pc-exclusive Sounds good.
-
XCOM 2
Alternate reality in which we got decimated early on according to ign
- Good Old Games
-
Good Old Games
Yes you should get Startopia. You should feel bad for not owning it already. Murky Foot (named after a native american in Asterix in America or something like that) were ex Bullfrog. The game came out roughly at the same time as Black and White. In my mind, and knowing this may sound mean, it always looked like this: Bullfrog fell appart and Peter Molyneux, who was the recognizable name in Bullfrog, went and did Black and White, while some other people, who's names nobody knew but who were the talent in Bullfrog, went and did Startopia. And before you know it, there will be a backlog of aliens trying to get onboard your station. I advise building another docking port to increase the flow of aliens in and out.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
Kudos to Crhis for giving kudos to Brian.
- Good Old Games
-
What are you playing now?
You don't really need too many mods. Enemy Within was a huge improvement over the vanilla game and made it quite enjoyable. From there on I felt that installing Long War was pretty much all that was left to do and that installs pretty easily.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
Don't like the article. Like the direction they seem to be taking with the game, back to more tactical gameplay and away from the "enemies spawn. enemies run into cover. game continues" that was the previous game. But the article makes it sound as if moving away from that is amazing innovation *rolleyes*
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
I'll wait for an expansion or two and the community mod that will make XCOM 2 a good game. Winter Sale 2016 or Summer Sale 2017 I guess if they stick to the unfinished release November 2015.
-
What are you playing now?
edit wrong thread
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
Did anyone talk about "Salvaged" yet? It looks interesting. http://salvagedgame.com/ https://youtu.be/kU6FiDd1yuY
-
Mad Max: Fury Road: 99% Fresh with 190 Critic Reviews
I would argue that Furiosa (and Max as well) do not "grow" in the movie as their character is already grown. They already struggle with their daemons, they already have reached that breaking point where they discarded their old self and have confronted the pox-eclipse, deciding not to just crawl in a corner and wait to die. Max is already on his fourth movie. Compared to what happened to him on a personal level in the first movie and to all the crap he has witnessed since, what is happening here is not that shocking to him. He is mostly struggling with his own fatalism, but that is no longer growth, it is the result of growth. For Furiosa we are also shown the end of a journey. She struggled in the Citadel to become powerful enough to escape to her homeland. Who knows how she lost an arm in the process - doesn't even matter. But when her personal journey took her to actively bring about the events of the movie, those events are not going to dramatically change her - they are the result of any change she already underwent. Nux on the other hand was a brainwashed boy, underneath it a tabula rasa. He had to grow or die (or grow and die) when he was ripped out of his world. In a way, the events of the movie are Nux's pox-eclipse. When the world ended, Max was ripped out of his world. When Furiosa was taken to the Citadel, her mother murdered, her world ended. But for Nux this was his world. And it is taken from him in the movie.
- Mad Max: Fury Road: 99% Fresh with 190 Critic Reviews
- Mad Max: Fury Road: 99% Fresh with 190 Critic Reviews
-
Mad Max: Fury Road: 99% Fresh with 190 Critic Reviews
I watched it on Sunday in a small open air cinema underneath the Acropolis. There were hipsters and assorted cultural types in the crowd and it made the whole experience artsy surreal and a lot of fun. Enjoyed the movie far more than I thought I would. Mind you, with all the remakes and boring stuff coming out of the movie industry, I completely ignored trailers, hype and everything and went in just thinking "Meh, lets see if they screwed this up as well." (also why I picked the specific cinema). The film took from all Mad Max movies that had come before and did so quite well. As others say, it can't surpass what Road Warrior did. And it probably won't leave a pop culture legacy like Beyond Thunderdome's "Two men enter" quote. Seriously can't remember any quote from Fury Road whatsoever. But it is a very fun game that fits perfectly with the previous movies. And they set up a great post apocalyptic region that you'd just love encountering in Wasteland or Fallout games. I don't see a problem with Max being elbowed aside by Furiosa. honestly, other than perhaps the first movie, I didn't feel that Mad Max films were about Max. In the Road Warrior Max was just some guy who happened to do (important) things that, grown up, the kid with the boomerang remembers. Third film wasn't all that different - and Aunty Entity was a far more memorable character in that as well.
- Looking for a proofreader or two
-
What are you playing now?
I have managed to stay an amazing 100% spoiler free so far
-
What are you playing now?
Next week I may have both internet and a PC that can handle at least some games (such as Pillars, Dead State, Age of Decadence, Wasteland 2... so many rpgs waiting to be played)
-
Pictures of your games Part 5
Yeah. 10 inch myself I understand there are icons next to the character profiles showing debuffs? I only see specks of colour
-
What are you playing now?
Considering that it runs on my notebook, albeit badly, you should be able to play. With some patience. Your notebook is probably more powerful than the laptop I have access to. The PoE beta was completely unplayable. I also can't play Dreamfall Chapters or the new Broken Sword. I couldn't play Broken Age until after an update. Though Shadowrun and Banner Saga run well enough. Shadowrun I can only play in 30 minute sessions or so. Then it starts to crawl. Lenovo ideapad Flex 10. Feel free to compare
-
What are you playing now?
Considering that it runs on my notebook, albeit badly, you should be able to play. With some patience.
-
Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity
File seems to no longer be available