What are you playing right now?

I'd do it because if you don't preorder you'll end up paying $400 for the whole set.

the_dog_days gets it.  I'm just trying to save people money.  To show good faith, I'm giving all of you the Keyrock Periodically Changes His Avatar To A Different Io Shirai Picture DLC as my gift to you.  That's 19 pictures (and counting).  THINK OF THE VALUE!

<_<

>_>

So, I'm the only one who thought those were pictures of different girls?

So, finished the main storyline of Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen (read "beat up Grigori"). Only took me like 80hours (steam says 87 but I left the game running while not playing a couple of times so...) damn my completionist urges. So now I'm in "post game" and suddenly stuff is a challenge again (gotta say that first trip from Cassardis to Gran Soren in post game was...painful). Wish they'd upped the difficulty a bit before so the shock would've been slightly less severe.

Ironically enough I only beat my first Drake in "post game".

Story is kinda interesting if you ignore some of the plot holes you could fly a Super Star Destroyer through ;-)

Really liking the Pawn system though, having to rotate out a good Pawn always hurts, I feel it gives them more of an identity compared to the party members you create in say, Icewind Dale.

For those not familiar with the game: you travel in a party of maximum four characters (one humand and three Pawns), your player character and your "main pawn" you create yourself. You can only directly control your own character though you can influence your main pawn directly in a variety of ways (eg. you can equip them, pick their "class" and skills and their AI changes based on how act in combat), the other two are Pawns you need to hire, these are basically *other* players' main pawns. Similarly your own main pawn can be hired by others to join their party and while they're "away" they learn stuff (eg. gain knowledge about quests you haven't done yet, learn how to better fight certain enemy types etc). It's a pretty deep and interesting system and I can't say I've seen anything quite like it anywhere else.

Of note is that Pawns you hire do *not* level up while they're in your party, as such you regularly need to replace them by higher level ones (how stuff works at max level, beats me, probably pick pawns based on their skillset rather than their level then).

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

Haven't played any other game than arma3 the past two or what months. Still working on my mini-campaign that is shaping up quite nicely. Right now it looks like this could be the first arms campaign that I really will be able to release. Gonna shoot for the best quality I can possibly deliver, though, which basically means, I'll have to pay up for some good voice over. Only problem is... Gonna need Farsi speaking people. Well, that will become a challenge.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah, I'm a sucker for space flight Sims, but I thought it wise to hold off on it for a while. I will stick with Elite for a while longer. I was just hoping for something with more interesting single player.

Edited by Ganrich

Of all the times I've ever seen trailers, articles, etc of NMS, the term space flight sim never even entered my mind.  I always just assumed the space flight element would be very arcadey and bare bones, not much more than a means of getting from Planet A to Planet B so you could do Minecraft-style farming.  Is this an accurate assumption?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Of all the times I've ever seen trailers, articles, etc of NMS, the term space flight sim never even entered my mind. I always just assumed the space flight element would be very arcadey and bare bones, not much more than a means of getting from Planet A to Planet B so you could do Minecraft-style farming. Is this an accurate assumption?

Yeah, I feel the same, but when space flight games are so few and far between I can't be picky. I'm fine with arcadey if the game is fun enough. I just like flying space ships.

• Like 1

Of all the times I've ever seen trailers, articles, etc of NMS, the term space flight sim never even entered my mind. I always just assumed the space flight element would be very arcadey and bare bones, not much more than a means of getting from Planet A to Planet B so you could do Minecraft-style farming. Is this an accurate assumption?

Yeah, I feel the same, but when space flight games are so few and far between I can't be picky. I'm fine with arcadey if the game is fun enough. I just like flying space ships.

I feel your pain.  This is why I STILL play X3: Albion Prelude.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

No Man's Sky with the level of simulation and with empire building element present in X3 would be a dream come true. Sadly, No Man's Sky does seem like just another procedurally generated survival game with insane price point, so uh... That's grand for some people I guess.

• Like 1

Would love to play some X3 again, but it's just too much a time waster, imo. If you want the really good stuff, you'll have to sink in a lot time.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

No Man's Sky with the level of simulation and with empire building element present in X3 would be a dream come true. Sadly, No Man's Sky does seem like just another procedurally generated survival game with insane price point, so uh... That's grand for some people I guess.

It's getting hammered in reviews - of course.. I don't understand why people keep falling for these obviously exaggerated selling pitches.

It's gonna be the same with Star Citizen, except I imagine it's going to actually be a good enough game- it's just people seem to be expecting nothing less than perfect.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

8-bit Armies and 8-bit Hordes. Yes, I bought a full package and am having a blast. Yes, you can do skirmish where you'll massacre those pesky tanks with your mighty axe-wielding warriors. Currently there's basically what accounts to a GDI+NOD faction, Allies+Russia faction, Orcs faction and Alliance faction. It's not the best RTS out there. It's totally worth 25 eurobucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt2uQYNGUDg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAGe8RlHGhA

Would love to play some X3 again, but it's just too much a time waster, imo. If you want the really good stuff, you'll have to sink in a lot time.

That is definitely true.  If you want to reach the point where you can roll into a sector with a pair of frigates, a handful of corvettes, a destroyer, a carrier, and a couple dozen fighters, you need to put in several hundreds of hours into the game.  That said, engaging in a massive fleet battle is so ridiculously glorious.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I started playing Shadwen.  Pretty fun so far, though quite easy.  I'm very early in the game, so I'm sure it will get much harder eventually.  You start with a tutorial level playing as the orphan girl Lily sneaking into the gardens to swipe some apples.  Then you play another tutorial level as Shadwen, the assassin, on her own.  After that, you play as Shadwen and Lily is AI controlled.  Lily will move from hiding place to hiding place.  By default, she generally follows you around, though you can turn that off in the options and she'll only move when you tell her to move (you point at a hiding place and press T to tell her to go there).  You can also turn guard vision cones on or off (off by default) and "helpful outlines" on or off (on by default).  I played on the default settings for the first 3 levels, but I'm going to switch everything off for the rest of the game.  You can murder guards by backstabbing them or distract them to get them out of the way.  Supposedly how murdery you go about traversing the levels will have an impact on your relationship with Lily.  So far I haven't killed anybody.  There are usually multiple ways to traverse the levels, including parapets, eaves, and such that Shadwen can access via grappling hook and use to traverse above the guards, so long as she can get up there without being seen.  Lily can't go up there so you need to clear the way for her.  You can also use the grappling hook to grab barrels and crates and yank them to create distractions.  Time only moves when you move in the game, though you can hold down Q to let time flow normally while you stay still.  You can also rewind time at any time.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸