Skyforge - Obsidian User Thread

C2B

World looks pretty, characters do now... and that sword... damn.

:nope:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The youtube embed still-image is hilarious and made me lol.

Looks pretty generic MMO-wise, but who knows. It might be fun(ny) to run around with that sword. Maybe. Can't really tell much from a trailer like that. Nice scenery...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It kind of looks like Tera, but less creepy.  That ludicrous sword, though...  Ugh.  Well, at least I didn't see any preteen girls with bunny ears running around in ridiculously short skirts with their underwear showing.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Become a God

Skyforge gives players the opportunity to walk the hero’s path – from new born immortal, to mighty champion, to becoming a god themselves capable of standing toe to toe with other major gods.

I'm assuming this means that even at low level the damage numbers popping up over enemies heads will be in the thousands or ten thousands and will work their way up to millions.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Apparently Obsidian is responsible for *westernization* and some content design

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Your destiny is your own to forge. My.com, a subsidiary of Mail.Ru Group, has revealed a new AAA title: the premium massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) Skyforge is currently being developed by the Allods Team, an in-house studio of Russian Internet giant Mail.Ru Group, with westernization from US gamemaker Obsidian Entertainment. Skyforge will launch as an immersive MMORPG gaming experience for PCs.

“This is our most ambitious project to date”

In Skyforge, players develop from immortals, to mighty champions, to powerful gods gaining and developing their mortal followers and powers along the way. Empowered by the faith and skill of their followers, gods battle invading armies in intense, merciless combat to protect their home world. Skyforge features unique action combat and a massive variety of classes and character customization options as players grow from immortal to invincible gods.
Skyforge is being developed by the award winning Russian game developer Allods Team, a part of the Mail.ru Group. Their last project, Allods Online, was the first major Russian MMORPG and launched in more than 15 countries. The core of Allods Team includes industry veterans who developed internationally acclaimed games including Evil Islands, Etherlords, Silent Storm and Heroes of Might and Magic V.
Set in a world where fantasy meets Sci-Fi and ancient mysteries live side by side with cutting-edge technologies, Skyforge transports players to a stunning universe where mortals and immortals fight for survival against invading gods and their armies. Players start as immortals newly reborn into the world and vie to become gods themselves.
“This is our most ambitious project to date,” said Oleg Shpilchevsky, The Allods Team’s Head of Development Studio. “With players competing and cooperating on one single giant server, Skyforge brings the massive back to MMORPGs.”
Visceral combat sequences and grand battles unfold across a world settings limited only by the developer's imagination. To ensure that Skyforge meets the expectations of players worldwide, The Allods Team has enlisted the help of the widely lauded development studio, Obsidian Entertainment.
“We have begun working closely with the Allods Team to ensure that the game is a success in western markets,” said Eric DeMilt, Development Director of Culturalization for Skyforge, Obsidian Entertainment. “We are building a team of accomplished developers to collaborate in class and instance content development as well as westernization. It is an exciting partnership with an excellent development team, and we can't wait for players to get into the game.”
To learn more about Skyforge, please visit www.skyforge.com. For instant updates, follow the Skyforge team on Twitter, like us on Facebook and subscribe to the official YouTube channel.
Skyforge joins My.com’s stellar, recently-announced 2014 lineup that also includes AAA MMOs Armored Warfare, being developed by Obsidian Entertainment; World of Speed, in development with Slightly Mad Studios and Evolution, a sci-fi action RPG for iPad and iPhone being developed by My.com's internal studio.
About My.com
My.com is a subsidiary of Mail.Ru Group, the largest Internet company in Russian-speaking countries with an audience of more than 100 million users (comScore, September 2013), that is publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: MAIL), (listed since November 5, 2010).
My.com is building an integrated communication and entertainment platform, dubbed ‘Communitainment,’ beginning with a family of mobile services and games. My.com’s mobile communications apps - myMail and myChat - provide multiple email account management and messaging, and myGames is a growing collection of mobile and PC game experiences.
For more information about My.com, please visit: http://press.my.com/about/.
About Obsidian Entertainment
Founded in 2003, Obsidian Entertainment is an entertainment software development company based in Irvine, California, passionately dedicated to the creation of high quality role playing games for all personal computer and console platforms. Obsidian is best known for the products Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith LordsNeverwinter Nights 2Fallout: New VegasSouth Park: The Stick of Truth, and the record breaking crowdfunding through Kickstarter for Pillars of Eternity (http://eternity.obsidian.net).
For more information about Obsidian Entertainment, please visit: http://www.obsidian.net/.

• Like 1

What exactly does "westernization" mean?  Will they be changing character names from Svetlana to Suzie?

"Vodka" healing to "Red Bull" healing?

• Like 3

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

What exactly does "westernization" mean?  Will they be changing character names from Svetlana to Suzie?

"Vodka" healing to "Red Bull" healing?

Speaking of healing items, they'll have to change Pirozhki to Doritos Locos Tacos.

As an aside, changing to Red Bull and Doritos Locos Tacos has the side benefit of making the game ready for eventual console release.  I can already see it "Pick up specially marked 4 packs of Red Bull for a special code that gets you a weekend of double experience in Skyforge".  ;)

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

We should go into marketing, you and I :p

^

Will it feature a forge that's in the sky, or will it be a more traditional ground-based forge that will allow you to hammer out skies?  Maybe there won't even be forge at all.  The promise of a forge could just be a red herring.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Now I want a piroshki, which is near impossible to find.

sneak the recipe into wife's cookbook?  :brows:

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

• 2 months later...

My friends and I are often drifting from one F2P MMO to another now that GW2's content updates have slowed down, and we're trying to look for one that sticks.

Honestly, this one looks actually pretty decent so far, and I am a bit of a sucker for FFX Sphere Grid type leveling :yes: In the case it's "TERA but less creepy", then good enough for me