New stretch goals for companions and wilderness areas?

Stretch Goals?  

2052 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Obsidian to release new stretch goals to go along with the opening of the Backer Portal?

• I would love new stretch goals.
    • No, I would prefer if Obsidian did not introduce new stretch goals.

We've always taken your pledges seriously and we remain committed to giving our backers every stretch goal you reached during the Kickstarter campaign. Budgeting a game of this size can be daunting, but we always remember the cornerstones of our pitch and the features you funded. Even so, there are two things we know a lot of you have asked for: more wilderness areas and more companions. Both of these are very time-consuming, but we understand why so many people want them. Because we've seen these requests more than a few times, we would like to ask the community if you would be interested in new stretch goals to fund additional development. If not, no worries: we're still going to deliver on everything you've backed. Please let us know your thoughts in this poll.

Rock the vote.

• Like 26

I would do horrendous things to get class quests into the game. So, needless to say, I would also just give money for it.

Other than that, it feels like a rather feature-complete adventure already...

Would love to fund additional DLC and expansions... and sequels.

Edited by Zed
  • Like 12

Yep predicted the "more companions" as said over on the RPG Codex.

To be perfectly honest I think before you go offering the choice, you need to state what the cost of those features will be. For instance IF you were to pay for more Wilderness Areas / Companions, what wouldn't we get ? Or do you have money spare

• Like 2

Class quests, more companions - all are nice. What I'd really love to see though are the Vailian Republics. I know, not going to happen, probably :) But nevertheless: Thanks for the update! it's absolutely awesome. Also thanks for being so considerate and kind posting it earlier for all of us silly Europeans to enjoy :)

• Like 1

Elan_song.gif

Well it depends whether they have money spare that they don't know what to spend on. I'd rather know if that extra wilderness area is going to cut into the amount of VO or portraits or whatever.

I am not going to vote unless that is elaborated on.

Edited by Sensuki

I'd like more of everything. The question is what the cons are. How will this effect the rest of the development. Maybe it would be wiser to keep those things for an expansion?

I want more stretch goals only if it means that this won't hurt the rest of development.

• Like 7

I'd rather have a polished and complete (as in, "with all the promised features/stretch goals described during the KS campaign) product that sticks to the vision the developers put into practice in the last year. 

I fear that, at this point, new goals might mean a rushed job and badly integrated new goals.

I would prefer to see an "old school" expansion (Tales of the Sword Coast, Throne of Bhaal), with new areas, some new minor features here and there (a couple more companions, expansion of the stronghold feature etc.), but only after the first chapter of "Pillars of Eternity". 

Also, possibly, no micro DLCs, thanks :)

• Like 14

"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" - Wing Commander IV

More content, more reactivity in content, more dialogue, more gameplay options, more, just MOAR, is always welcome.

• Like 14

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

strike what I said, more paper doll animations, A WHOLE LOT MORE

I say this because the gameplay teaser is looking weird, and it's the character animations that are the cause.

Edited by JFSOCC
  • Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

It entirely depends on how comfortable you are with implementing them, especially as you're already into development.
You already have two big cities and a fifteen level megadungeon to think about.

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

I'm with Sensuki on this. I'd be interested in knowing the time factor here. Do they just have plenty of time to do extra stuff and lack the money? Will they just use the extra money to hire larger teams of artists and such to get the additional stuff done? Or are we talking "Delay the game, but it'll have more stuff in it when it comes out"?

• Like 7

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

To be honest. I would completely not mind additional stretch goals.... hell even going for Early Access on steam might be a viable method (since I assume you will also appear there with the game)

The only real question is. Would this delay the game by a lot in release time or is it just a problem in "manhours" available within the current budget constrains?

• Like 2

This is a difficult question to answer. I want some more stretch goals but not more than a couple or so. Mostly I just want Obsidian to improve the overall quality level as much as they can rather than add more stuff.

• Like 2

I'd also like to know what the effect on development time would be. I'm sure the schedules would have to be reworked, but how long a delay would result from hitting these new stretch goals? 

This.

I am not really in favor of new Stretch Goals if that means that PE will be delayed in any significant way. I'm quiet honestly impatient to play PE and I can do without extra wilderness and companions if that means I get to play the game before Q4 2014.

If you can somehow develop these things alongside everything else though then that's perfectly fine.

• Like 1