Update #4: Digital Tiers, DRM, and Add-Ons Update

Well you all did it, you helped us get to $1.6M and we now have a Mac version and are adding more story into the world.

We have also been listening and reading your feedback on Kickstarter and have some changes that are happening as soon as this update is posted. One thing, we are not updating just yet are the stretch goals, but don’t worry those are going to get updated very soon. Oh, and we are putting a schedule together for updates that will include guest stars almost every day – Josh will be talking more about the design tomorrow (Sep 20), our unflappable CTO Chris Jones (architect of the Fallout and Arcanum engines) on Friday (Sep 21), and I think we will be able to squeeze one in from Mr. Tim Cain over the weekend.

So, what are those changes?!?

DRM Free Options

You asked and we are delivering. In conjunction with GOG, we are going to offer a DRM free version of the game for our Kickstarter Backers. When the campaign ends, you will be able to choose whether you would like a key from GOG or Steam. For our Mac friends, we are still working on a DRM free option, since GOG does not currently support the Mac. Oh, and the great guys at GOG are having a special right now on all of the great Infinity Engine games, so check that out as well.

New Digital Tiers

We are adding a $50 and an $80 digital tier. The $50 tier will get you the digital version of the game, the soundtrack, the digital version of the Collector’s Book, a collection of wallpapers made for multiple resolutions and multiple monitors, high resolution concept art, a high resolution version of the map, and ringtones. For the $80 tier, you will get all of that plus a digital copy of the strategy guide, and a second digital download of the game.

Add-Ons

This is a short list for right now, but we will be adding more as the days pass including some pretty swank Obsidian-wear.

• Add a Digital Download of the Game +$25

• Add Three Digital Downloads of the Game +$60

As a quick tutorial on how to add add-ons, goto the Project Eternity site on Kickstarter and then hit the Manage Your Pledge button. The reward tier you had already selected will still be selected and the amount will be in the big box at the top. All you need to do is add the dollar amount that covers the add-ons you would like to your pledge and enter the new total number. For instance, if you are at the $35 Pledge level and want to add one Digital Download, you would enter $60 as your total pledge.

New for our Collector's Edition Box Level ($140)

Lastly we want to announce that we are going to give our backers at the Collector’s Edition Box Level ($140) a little extra today and that is Beta access to the game! That’s just a little taste of what we will be adding into tiers in the coming days and weeks through stretch goals and the occasional random act.

• Like 13

<3 for GOG, and to repeat my reaction in the other thread:

OMG BETA ACCESS COLLECTOR'S EDITION GO!

Upped.

• Like 1

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Bless you all, and thank you, Obsidian for allowing us to get the game DRM free. Me <3 you long time!

EDIT: Back in the day I bought multiple copies of the Fallout games and NWN 2 (including expansions). I have tried to support yall as much as I could, but I wish I had the monies to spend on higher tiers now. :(

Edited by Gurkog
  • Like 1
Grandiose statements, cryptic warnings, blind fanboyisim and an opinion that leaves no room for argument and will never be dissuaded. Welcome to the forums, you'll go far in this place my boy, you'll go far!

The people who are a part of the "Fallout Community" have been refined and distilled over time into glittering gems of hatred.

That's awesome, BUT:

what about the boxed version?

Am I to understand the disc will be Steam-infested?

Perhaps there will be a way to redeem the key through GoG instead? I know nothing about such technology!

Grandiose statements, cryptic warnings, blind fanboyisim and an opinion that leaves no room for argument and will never be dissuaded. Welcome to the forums, you'll go far in this place my boy, you'll go far!

The people who are a part of the "Fallout Community" have been refined and distilled over time into glittering gems of hatred.

i'm a early backer for the 20$ tier, but i wan to cancel it to pay using paypal when it is ready, and what i wan to know is if paypal will have also the early backer tier 20$? if not then i will have to keep the 20$ on kickstarter but i dont really wan to pay with credit card :(

That's awesome, BUT:

Perhaps there will be a way to redeem the key through GoG instead? I know nothing about such technology!

Not promising anything yet, but we'll look into how to do that best. We wanted to use Steam to give folks achievements and cloud saves (we're not interested in the DRM features, just its streaming and gamer stuff) but it may be possible for us to support DRM free on the disc, but still give fans of Steam access to those things.

Again not promising that, but that's how I'd ideally like to see it handled and we'll see what we can do!

-TG

• Like 2

That's awesome, BUT:

Not promising anything yet, but we'll look into how to do that best. We wanted to use Steam to give folks achievements and cloud saves (we're not interested in the DRM features, just its streaming and gamer stuff) but it may be possible for us to support DRM free on the disc, but still give fans of Steam access to those things.

Again not promising that, but that's how I'd ideally like to see it handled and we'll see what we can do!

-TG

I would love no DRM on the disc please :) thanks <3

-TG

Hopefully you guys will keep those features on for those of us who use Steam. :yes:

Cloud save is a life saver.

Alrighty, I'd like to up my pledge to the $80 digital tier from my current $35 pledge. Does said $80 tier include the rewards from the $35 one? Just want to be sure before upping (I intend to up regardless, I'd just like to make sure I understand the rewards lol).

*Edit: Offering a general apology to all, and especially Obsidian, for my 'Please, NO GUNS' thread here the other day. One of the major reasons I'm supporting this is to help provide a proverbial poke in the eye to publishers...and having thought about my thread, realized I was doing precisely what a publisher would do. So, I'm sorry. You've got my full support Obsidian. :yes:

Edited by ZeshinX
  • Like 4

Alrighty, I'd like to up my pledge to the $80 digital tier from my current $35 pledge. Does said $80 tier include the rewards from the $35 one? Just want to be sure before upping (I intend to up regardless, I'd just like to make sure I understand the rewards lol).

In $80 tier it says "All previous digital rewards" so I'd say yes, it includes the rewards from the $35 tier.