RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

Gorth

I'm not surprised by the Blizzard thing at all. Awhile back, my WoW account got hacked after being inactive for years. There was no leak on my part, I even changed passwords and emails and it happened again. It was clearly a problem with security on their end, but they just kept repeating the same stuff about it being my issue. Luckily I'm not really a fan of their games, so no real loss on my part.

Yeah, I got some emails about my account being hacked too, but I put them on the trash list so I didn't have to see the mails in my inbox. I don't give a **** what happens to my account since I'm extremely unlikely to ever play a Blizzard game again.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I am wondering, why no one reported this, yet... Blizz got hacked...

http://arstechnica.c...izzard-servers/

Or did I miss something few pages before?

AS TN pointed out, already mentioned in the D3 thread. The question is whether Blizz will actually say how long the hackers have had access or they just stay mum (my bet is staying mum, that's what they've done thus far) (Either that or the hackers are better then Blizzard realizes, Blizz only thinks it's been happening since Aug 4...or that's what they acknowledge...it's been happening since LONG [well...a few weeks at least] before that).

Another note: I'm interested in the Star Trek game...unfortunately couldn't view the You tube video, it's either down, or taken down or something.

Edited by greylord

This Kickstarter project will deliver Game One of the Aiel War. Designed as a tactical RPG for mobile platforms with a social component...

And there my interest went out the window. Bah.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Yeah, all I have is a sigh at that.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They certainly won't screw that one up, right?

tumblr_m84jp7CvcU1qjemo2o1_250.gif

Morgoth is talking to himself. Back away slowly...
  • Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm always kind of curious when we only see a single sequence across multiple pieces of media. Is that the only segment they have working?

I guess this might be the consequence of working on tradeshow builds. The demo area gets polished up enough to show off while everything else takes a backburner for the time.

Embracing mediocrity: Why Don Daglow thinks America is too dumb for video games

Daglow explains this concept comes from an education system that has evolved to a point where failure has largely been eradicated from the curriculum. It
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Funny how that article falls in the same trap that it tries to portray, projecting and blaming gaming faults on the consumers rather than the developers or the publishers.

I definitely think he's taking the wrong message from his own ideas. You could probably make a game around the concept of losing as an important part of learning. Not just using standard mechanics that allow you to lose but making it a focal element of the design to teach it.

Games can be used to teach. And if you see something you genuinely believe to be a problem, take the opportunity to try and fix it.