Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

STEAM!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
550 replies to this topic

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4583 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Quite the contrary.

Yeah, you get fatter easier on cheap (processed) food in the western countries. :lol:

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5622 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Change of subject

Had anyone else noticed the Valve own brand games updating about five times a day, recently? I think it may actually be something to do with save games on the Cloud. But it's frakking my non valve games up the wazoo. They kep crashing and every time they do there's avalve game mid-update with this guilty look on its face and its pants around its ankles.

Slinky

Slinky

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2144 posts
  • Backer
Weird, I have HL2 with episodes and Portal currently installed and they haven't done anything like that.. then again, I haven't used cloud at all if that happens because of it.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5622 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Weird, I have HL2 with episodes and Portal currently installed and they haven't done anything like that.. then again, I haven't used cloud at all if that happens because of it.

I think something may be broken. I don't save to the cloud unless I have to. And of course I DON'T!

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3976 posts

I think something may be broken. I don't save to the cloud unless I have to. And of course I DON'T!

HL2 Deathmatch and Team Fortress 2 is updating regularly (almost daily) for me. So it's not just your computer.

entrerix

entrerix

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3541 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
i actually got so sick of team fortress 2 constantly updating that i deleted it. i barely played it anymore anyway.

Edited by entrerix, 07 September 2011 - 12:57 PM.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5622 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

i actually got so sick of team fortress 2 constantly updating that i deleted it. i barely played it anymore anyway.

Funnily enough I did exactly the same thing over the weekend. It's not so much inconvenient, as creepy.

Deraldin

Deraldin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4028 posts
  • Gold Backer
I have Portal 1+2 currently installed, but I haven't noticed them updating much, if at all. I had 5 other games update just yesterday though.

trulez

trulez

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • Backer
Bought 3 games from sale.

Need for Speed: SHIFT
Need for Speed: Undercover
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

I think I should get a wheel and some pedals, but driving with keyboard hasn't slowed down me yet. :)

One odd thing I noticed today was the small icons on my Steam Library were gone after I reinstalled the client. Can't find any option to enable those either. Anyone know how you can turn them on ?

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8218 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
In the upper lefthand corner of your library which view are you on?

trulez

trulez

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • Backer

I have the "Details" view and managed to find the setting for icons, it was under the plus sign at top left.

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3976 posts

I have the "Details" view and managed to find the setting for icons, it was under the plus sign at top left.

Nice I didn't know that was a possible.. It looks much nicer.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5622 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Steam games keep crashing.

http://forums.obsidi...showtopic=58774

Obsidian gets enough stick for instability issues without being balmed for Steam foulups. Why the **** dd steam have to go with Cloud, which strikes me as the obvious villain here. I can only assume that opting out isn't actually opting out properly and is funting some key files.

Orchomene

Orchomene

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
For 100 euros, you can get the complete Paradox strategy pack.
http://store.steampo....com/sub/11525/

Humodour

Humodour

Arch-Mage

• Members.
  • 3563 posts

Gabe would have to take on a diet then.

Insanely wealthy or not, Gabe should go on a diet now. He's wealthy but certainly not healthy.

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Insanely wealthy or not, Gabe should go on a diet now. He's wealthy but certainly not healthy.

It's too late.

Gabe is hiring new staff, among them "Food service" and "psychologist". Poor, poor Gabe.

Humodour

Humodour

Arch-Mage

• Members.
  • 3563 posts

It's too late.

Gabe is hiring new staff, among them "Food service" and "psychologist". Poor, poor Gabe.

I especially liked this insightful comment from user 'neverko' on that site: "Valve can eat a bowl of smashed arseholes until they come out with a new Half-Life episode/game. I don't care about any of the other things they're doing, least of all Steam and hats for retarded morons."

Purkake

Purkake

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8778 posts
Posted Image
Valve's future games are powered by Hats™

Edited by Purkake, 18 September 2011 - 04:55 PM.

mkreku

mkreku

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8087 posts
I think I'm going to start randomly adding you guys from SoDOFF.. beware. Getting tired of waiting for my cousin to be able to play Dead Island co-op. And Borderlands.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9486 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Tale82
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Today is a good day for us around here, it seems. GOG has their D&D sale. Steam has Alpha Protocol for $2.
http://store.steampo...?snr=1_4_4__118

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users