STEAM!

Gorth

Portal 2 is now available permanently for 29,99 EUR.

Make that 1.99 and we have a deal.

applause.gif

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Portal 2 is now available permanently for 29,99 EUR.

Make that 1.99 and we have a deal.

Oh, another one of these "I expect a free lunch and 15 different coffee sorts in my company" sort of guys.

Oh please - 1.99 seems excessive to me.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

portal 2 was awesome, but somewhat short. i still think its worth at least $30-40 though, because its a good 5-10 hours (depending on your puzzle solving abilities), and worth playing at least twice.

but still, im sure in a year or two there will be some insane steam sale that has it for $2, if you don't mind waiting that long

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Most people thought it was too long(or at least disjointed) from what I've read.

You have to be a special degree of n00b to claim a game is too long.

A decade ago a 5 - 10 hour game was tantamount to a slap in the face. It still is if you ask me.

back in the day most games were 2-10 hours long, they just were really hard so they too more time to finish due to frequent (ie weeks) of restarting.

edit: this doesn't really apply to rpg's of course, most of those were, and still are, pretty long. shooters though... other than difficulty, they used to be short as hell.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

back in the day most games were 2-10 hours long, they just were really hard so they too more time to finish due to frequent (ie weeks) of restarting.

edit: this doesn't really apply to rpg's of course, most of those were, and still are, pretty long. shooters though... other than difficulty, they used to be short as hell.

I think you're looking farther back than me. I recall say, the original Half Life being pretty long for a shooter. Others compensated with a infinitely replayable multiplayer like Unreal Tournament, Quake III etc.

But then its not like I was ever much of an action game junkie.

It all depends on what you're willing to pay, 30e for an afternoon of single player fun without significant replay value (good multiplayer) is not a good deal IMO. But that's when the average pay is 300e and 30 is 10% of what you make in a month which will make even the most generous among us stingy.

@Purkake

*Poor Nathaniel. Never thought the DS series had enough fans left to complain about any new entry in such a painfully mediocre series. I haven't played DS3 but I'm sure it can't be worse than the few two ugly, story deprived, hack and slash titles in the series. The only thing I recall that was any good in them was the donkey and a few dramatic vistas.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

It all depends on what you're willing to pay, 30e for an afternoon of single player fun without significant replay value (good multiplayer) is not a good deal IMO. But that's when the average pay is 300e and 30 is 10% of what you make in a month which will make even the most generous among us stingy.

if i had to pay 10% of my monthly salary to buy 1 video game you can be damned sure i would never buy another video game again.

that said, 1 new video game does take up a big bulk of my discretionary money (ie the money i've not already allocated to mortgage and bills etc etc) for a month, so its not usually a purchase i take lightly.

So, I guess I bought 5 games from Steam this week. SPAZ, my current GOTIOAICSPI (Game Of The I'm Obsessed And I Can't Stop Playing It, it's a real acronym, look it up) Bastion, Prototype, Arx Fatalis, and now Avadon ($9.99? Seriously? Spiderweb used to charge something like $25).

This is a bad week to be my wallet.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

question: Is Avadon good?

I have no clue. The guy's been making these games for something like 20 years now and selling them at 25-26 dollars each. Enough so to support his family, at least currently. So they've got to be good to someone.

He has demos available.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

• 2 weeks later...

During my usual steam price checking, I found some indie games which can be interesting.

Post Mortem, Robin Hood ? The Legend of Sherwood and Grotesque Tactics 2 ? Dungeons and Donuts (Not released yet). How good are they? Well, I don't have time for other games at the moment but...

PS I thought a part of Robin Hood legend was written by Dumas pere but my childhood "common knowledge" was beaten by info on the net. :fdevil: It doesn't change the fact that the setting is familiar to me, though.

• 2 weeks later...
New beta client has Trade feature to trade games with other Steam users.

They have dedicated Trade forum for people to post what they need/offer:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/foru...play.php?f=1189

I'm offering Robin Hood for any other similarly small game.

And for the record:

Does Steam Trading mean I can sell my used games?

No, only games that have been bought as a gift, and thus have never been played, can be traded. Once the Steam Gift is opened and added to your game library, you won