Who else is doing there first playthrough with all single class?

I can't decide between two of my characters from PoE. I'll either be a swashbuckler (streetfighter/unbroken or assassin/?) or a single class druid (fury). All my caster companions will be single class, except Maia Rua, if I want her as a wizard.

My third character is a Bleak Walker and I'll multiclass into a Templar (Magran) when I play Deadfire.

Is the assassin/black jacket a good combination? I don't know if I understood correctly the little I read in the beta/builds sections of the forum, but it seems the black jacket can be used to switch guns quickly. And the assassin is always a good choice for rogue. :yes:

sign.jpg

I don't think I'm ever going to do an all single-class playthrough. Some of my people will be single-class, some multi-class. My first character will be a fighter/rogue, having been a fighter in PoE. My second will be a straight ranger, having been a rogue before. Though I'd like to see if rogues actually have something impressive on top levels this time. Rangers actually do have some useful tricks there in Pillars.

Depends on what the default choices are for companions. If Xoti/Tekehu/Serafen make more sense as multi-class then I'll make them multi-class.

And my Watcher may go multiclass if Priest of Woedica gets added, which it probably won't :(

I'm continuing my druid from my first PoE completion, and I'll be sticking with single-class.  Just deciding between Shifter subclass or not.

2nd playthrough will continue my rogue, but not sure yet if I'll try multiclassing that.

Edited by Silent Winter

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I can't decide between two of my characters from PoE. I'll either be a swashbuckler (streetfighter/unbroken or assassin/?) or a single class druid (fury). All my caster companions will be single class, except Maia Rua, if I want her as a wizard.

My third character is a Bleak Walker and I'll multiclass into a Templar (Magran) when I play Deadfire.

Is the assassin/black jacket a good combination? I don't know if I understood correctly the little I read in the beta/builds sections of the forum, but it seems the black jacket can be used to switch guns quickly. And the assassin is always a good choice for rogue. :yes:

Blackjackets main draw is they can switch any weapon extremely fast, and also have an extra weapon slot.  So a blackjacket can actually carry more weapons than any other character (if you give them the extra weapon slot perk), and as a result can always have a weapon effective against the enemy type in all encounters. 

Of course thanks to Sawyer drawing attention to it people have also realized you can just spam guns this way too by carrying like 4 blunderbuss and quick swapping them.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 1

Well, i'm still not sure about how much a power level affect a character, but, as a d&d veteran, multiclass looks like a no brainer choice to me.

I mean, in bg2 or icewind dale, the difference between a multiclass or a singleclass is huge (let's say you are a cleric/wizard, at lv 20 you'd just get level five spells, compared to poe2 level 7 spells). And beside that, level 9 spells were actually gamebreaking in d&d universe so you'd suffer a lot by not having them, while in poe 1 high level spells were a bit underwhelming iirc, so i would not expect lv 9 spells to be that powerful this time aswell, though it's only speculation for now obviously.

Personally i think i'm going multiclass for everyone except the (2) casters, since i want higher lv spells earlier anyway.

I'm doing dual-class because I want to experiment :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Blackjackets main draw is they can switch any weapon extremely fast, and also have an extra weapon slot.  So a blackjacket can actually carry more weapons than any other character (if you give them the extra weapon slot perk), and as a result can always have a weapon effective against the enemy type in all encounters. 

Of course thanks to Sawyer drawing attention to it people have also realized you can just spam guns this way too by carrying like 4 blunderbuss and quick swapping them.

You mean 8 blunderbusses. :)

6-shooter.jpg

• Like 1

sign.jpg

Nah. I'm absolutely out two play a twohander-wielding Barb-Cipher.

(I don't like the name 'Witch' for the Barbarian-Cipher combo... does anybody else feel they wanted to call it 'Witcher' but didn't do it for lore and copyright reasons? :D )

Might still go the other way and play single class later, especially when the higher power level abilities are too cool.

Edited by M4xw0lf

I don't have beta access and I'm not very experienced with PoE gameplay and the multi-classes are a bit baffling. However, I have a party with as few magic as possible in mind (I don't like mages). I plan to have a fighter, priest and chanter, possibly single class. Maybe a ranger in addition. But for my main I want 16th c. fashion pistols and rapier/shield combined with low armor and I tend to use a fighter/rogue mix for it. Maybe it's a silly party but I'll try.  :biggrin:

I don't have beta access and I'm not very experienced with PoE gameplay and the multi-classes are a bit baffling. However, I have a party with as few magic as possible in mind (I don't like mages). I plan to have a fighter, priest and chanter, possibly single class. Maybe a ranger in addition. But for my main I want 16th c. fashion pistols and rapier/shield combined with low armor and I tend to use a fighter/rogue mix for it. Maybe it's a silly party but I'll try. :biggrin:

Why do you dislike mages but not priests and chanters? What they do is still magic.

Depends on which of my PoE1 characters I decide to go with for my first playthrough, and the class choices are for roleplaying reasons more than gameplay. Assuming the game is enjoyable enough, I'll play them all at some point (along with some other characters I'm not considering for the first run), but right now I'm torn between a Wizard (who will stay single class), a Ranger (who will probably add Chanter but might stay single class) and a Barbarian (who's adding Druid [shifter]). So I guess the odds are leaning towards me being multiclass, but I'm probably not going to be certain until I actually load Deadfire up for the first time.

I'll be a single class wizard. I'll also keep Xoti a priest. All in all I really want to see the higher level casting abilities, and I want access to them faster.

To me, wizards/priests/druids have enough abilities to cast damage spells, buffs, debuffs and heals that I don't see much reason to multiclass them. I'd rather do a cipher than a fighter/wizard.

Meanwhile, I don't mind mixing up warriors for some fun. Edér as a Swashbuckler and Maia as a Scout are my plans.

I haven't quite decided on the hybrid classes. Serafen as a cipher/barbarian would probably gain focus very effectively and boost his combat abilities, Pallegina as a pure Paladin would mean access to high level abilities, but I also really want to see some chanter stuff and she'd be a one stop passive buff monster...