What did you do today?

Blarghagh

Watching the 88 pages of my research paper print out... slowly. So slooowly.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Almost got into a fight with a woman on the streetcar today, trying to get her to stop blocking the stairs so I can get out. Always impresses me how public transit brings out the ignorance in some people. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Been on a break from work for about a month now (not vacation, just... not working), and have been mostly being lazy all the time. Well, I've worked on my photography quite a lot. Living on saved up money, it's so freaking nice. Many people have trouble not going to work each day and having those routines but man, I *loooooooove* waking up and just having a free day ahead of me where I can do whatever the hell I want.

Living on my own, obviously wouldn't be able to do that with kids for example. But yeah, it's so nice and just a great thing to do recharge the batteries. Being out in nature, taking in the springtime.

Anyways, just finished smoking a cigar on the balcony. Do that about once a week and it's just a great little zen moment. Thinking about getting a pipe and trying that, have never actually tried that.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Been on a break from work for about a month now (not vacation, just... not working), and have been mostly being lazy all the time. Well, I've worked on my photography quite a lot. Living on saved up money, it's so freaking nice. Many people have trouble not going to work each day and having those routines but man, I *loooooooove* waking up and just having a free day ahead of me where I can do whatever the hell I want.

Living on my own, obviously wouldn't be able to do that with kids for example. But yeah, it's so nice and just a great thing to do recharge the batteries. Being out in nature, taking in the springtime.

Anyways, just finished smoking a cigar on the balcony. Do that about once a week and it's just a great little zen moment. Thinking about getting a pipe and trying that, have never actually tried that.

I'm starting one months "vacation" now, had some saved and since I'm not getting any sick leave I've got to take my vacation to not work. Still looking forward to not being at my workplace for one month.

I've tried smoking pipe, I think I would like it more than cigarettes if I could learn how. It's not very zen in the beginning, it's hard work and annoyance to learn how to smoke a pipe properly. You need to keep at it all the time, and you have to "burn in" the pipe before things get better. So if you think you have the will to put the effort in it could be worth it. Also; Badass points. :p

Unless you're talking about waterpipe that is, then it's just... ezmode.

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I was getting gas in Covington on my way home from work yesterday. Someone left a string of 5 lottery scratch off games on the gas pump. The $50 Frenzy game. I looked at them and they had all been scratched already. But whoever left them didn't check them closely. The 2nd card was a $10 winner. I cashed it in at the gas station ans wen't to Milano's across the street for a eggplant parm sub and an espresso. Free dinner... how can you beat that? 

• Like 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Went to work. 

During lunch break I notice a Jackal hiding under a tree, the poor thing was hit by a car but was still very much alive. Contacted my vet, gathered some co-workers for help, helped the poor thing get inside the vet box. 

We saved a Jackal, I am just so grateful because I love animals and that Jackal was so cute. Huge love to my awesome co-workers as well.

• Like 4

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Went on my first 50 mile bike ride today. It was great, but I hit mile 40 and definitely started to drag. Plus I am not sure how people run a half marathon as afterwards, but I have a few months to figure it out.

• Like 1

Sliced sourdough is all I buy, the good stuff that's dense and chewy, not the soft stuff that's like white bread with a slight sour smell. :getlost:  Mostly for toast as a between meal snack occasionally. Hubby's the sandwich person, I almost never use bread (I'm a rice person) anymore. Although that cibatta style bread makes even better toast than "San Francisco" sourdough. The only other bread I tend to like is bread I bake myself and that happens almost never.

Today....I have no idea what I want to do. I'd like to get further ahead in FFXV's storyline but I'm sleepy all the time from having "waking insomnia" again (always wake up after 3-4 hours). So just sort of hanging out at the desk listening to music and fighting the urge to nap and then nap some more. :disguise:

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Dealing with that slight post partum depression after completing my research paper. Went to have the pause to recover before making a start on the presentation for it next week...

Didn't wake up till gone noon, and then had what felt like a godawful hangover (just one without having drunk any alcohol the night before).

That slowly cleared up as evenings arrived, and found out my ex just got engaged.

Not sure how I feel today all in all.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Today I finished my last day at my former job.  Monday I start CDL training classes.  3 to 4 weeks after that I start...

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Replaced my faulty ChromeCast with a Roku Stick + and my wife is loving the fact that it has its own remote in addition to an app that can control it. She's been dragging her feet to install stuff on her phone because she forgot the password.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Went to a First holy Communion (Catholic thing) for my wee niece, good time was had by all, didn't imbibe, saved myself for my weekend movie and wine event instead.... At which a good time was also had by all....errm....me :)

• Like 1

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

Went to work. 

During lunch break I notice a Jackal hiding under a tree, the poor thing was hit by a car but was still very much alive. Contacted my vet, gathered some co-workers for help, helped the poor thing get inside the vet box. 

We saved a Jackal, I am just so grateful because I love animals and that Jackal was so cute. Huge love to my awesome co-workers as well.

:yes: This is awesome. You're a good soul.

• Like 1

Sliced sourdough is all I buy, the good stuff that's dense and chewy, not the soft stuff that's like white bread with a slight sour smell. :getlost:  Mostly for toast as a between meal snack occasionally. Hubby's the sandwich person, I almost never use bread (I'm a rice person) anymore. Although that cibatta style bread makes even better toast than "San Francisco" sourdough. The only other bread I tend to like is bread I bake myself and that happens almost never.

Today....I have no idea what I want to do. I'd like to get further ahead in FFXV's storyline but I'm sleepy all the time from having "waking insomnia" again (always wake up after 3-4 hours). So just sort of hanging out at the desk listening to music and fighting the urge to nap and then nap some more. :disguise:

Bought the Royal version in the Japan psn sale on Friday, now im working up the courage to start playing it :)

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

a wild kitten has appeared in my garden a few days ago. i gave it some food, it ate and left. the next day it came back with it's mother and the next day it brought it's father too. the bravest of the 3 is the mother that let's me pet her (only while she eats) but i'm more focused on taming the kitten (it trusts me enough to pick food from my hand but still backs off if i try to touch it). the father on the other hand is a complete coward who stays hidden and only comes for the food when i'm far from it.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

^That made me wonder:

1) Female lions hunt for the males, do feral cats do the same?

2) You sure got a lot of cats around there.

Its going to be a beautiful day around here, 60's and sunny. I should go fishing but I need to go get my fishing license renewed first.

I don't think feral cats are social in the way lions are. They congregate together but don't seem to interact much of have any social hierarchy in the way lions do. Cats are sort of like the individualists.

How much is a fishing license in IL by the way? I have one on TN, MS, AR, & KY. The most expensive one is KY, it's $35 for non resident.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

How much is a fishing license in IL by the way? I have one on TN, MS, AR, & KY. The most expensive one is KY, it's $35 for non resident.

I just went and double checked my expired one and the residential license is $15.00 out the door and that gets you all lakes, streams and rivers. I think there's an add-on if you want to fish the Great Lakes, maybe another $5-10 for that.

a wild kitten has appeared in my garden a few days ago. i gave it some food, it ate and left. the next day it came back with it's mother and the next day it brought it's father too. the bravest of the 3 is the mother that let's me pet her (only while she eats) but i'm more focused on taming the kitten (it trusts me enough to pick food from my hand but still backs off if i try to touch it). the father on the other hand is a complete coward who stays hidden and only comes for the food when i'm far from it.

If they are a pair, the male usually eats last or doesn't eat at all. They usually wait there to protect the female while she eats because they know they are supposed to feed/take care of their kittens. Female cats are usually more interested in food but the male cat doesn't show that much interest in food, especially if they are not hungry. Female cats always are in a hungry mood though.

Went to work. 

:yes: This is awesome. You're a good soul.

Thanks bro. :)

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

If they are a pair, the male usually eats last or doesn't eat at all. They usually wait there to protect the female while she eats because they know they are supposed to feed/take care of their kittens. Female cats are usually more interested in food but the male cat doesn't show that much interest in food, especially if they are not hungry. Female cats always are in a hungry mood though.

this one is not behaving like that for protecting the family, he's just scared to come near me. if i put down the cat food and stay there, mama cat comes to eat along with the kitten. mama cat accepts petting while eating, the kitten backs off and papa cat just watches from a safe distance. if i put down the food and walk away, he comes and eats along with his family and if i approach he just runs off again.

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Lions being social felines is the exception to the rule, right? Are there any others?

Can't think of any offhand. Tigers are pretty solitary. Same with panthers & cougars in North America and Jaguars in South/Central America. House cats seem to be pretty social with each other but I'm not sure if that's their way or just the accident of cohabitation. Katphood, Tale or LC could probably say better. They have a lot more cat experience than most of us.  

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

Strung up my hop vines today after our move. They seems to be in pretty good shape, hopefully I will get a decent harvest. Although I've lost track of which one is which variety. Hopefully my nose will be able to tell.  :geek:

31658002_10211917101947629_4793241866646

• Like 4

What general region of the world does one encounter wild jackals?

Jackals.png

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra