What did you do today?

Blarghagh

I have totally failed all my Will Save rolls this week and let my reading addiction spiral out of control and get in the way of working on assignments....

Damn you books with too many chapters that don't actually provide pause points in the story arcs!

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood! Cloudless blue skies and plentiful sun...cold but beautiful. I'm feel a little like Ive been "rode hard and put away wet" but that happens whenever I drink wine the night before with my wife. :lol:

Brought my son in for his tattoo session, 8 hours on the table....ouchi

Killed some time, eating and buying some movies, checking out some guitar stores in Dublin, while waiting.

Is he getting a full back piece? Whats the subject?

Mom gave me a call that she got laid off this Friday, on top of a hyperthyroidism diagnosis from her doctor. She's never been one to be a layabout, seeing as she was the type who always kept busy on the weekends doing freelance stuff, so here's hoping that she won't have any trouble finding work of her caliber at her age.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood! Cloudless blue skies and plentiful sun...cold but beautiful. I'm feel a little like Ive been "rode hard and put away wet" but that happens whenever I drink wine the night before with my wife. :lol:

Brought my son in for his tattoo session, 8 hours on the table....ouchiKilled some time, eating and buying some movies, checking out some guitar stores in Dublin, while waiting.

Is he getting a full back piece? Whats the subject?

It's his forearm, he doesn't seem to have a theme, I hope the artist will marry the images together in some way.

He had his own design, which I thought was rather good, but the artist said he doesn't want to copy another person's work, so, he will use it s a base for his idea.

It started on the drawing board as a mixture of skull, roses, lion and a ribbon of Roman numerals, as if the face of a grandfather clock was cut out and elongated, so far it's a skull and a sodding wolf....so....I don't know :)

• Like 1

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

After picking apart, tinkering with, and studying that original cheap 3D printer kit he bought (more hours of entertainment than most get from $300, I'd say), hubby is now ... building his own 3D printer. Printed some connectors/brackets, bought/cut frame pieces, starting in on the power supply/electronics. I think he was originally going to cannibalize some parts from the 1st one but now he says he probably won't. It actually looks pretty good so far.

He still hasn't printed me a cat, however, so even tho he's really cute when he's industrious, he's still -1. ;)

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I finally finished installing my new MSI GTX 1070 8GB Gaming X video card into my pc built. While doing that also

I removed the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler I been using and replaced this with a Corsair Hydro Series

H60 [2018] CPU cooler, which I got in the mail a few days ago. I also promised my dear wife I would take her out to

dinner tonight while her folks watch our kid and dog. (Leave this dog alone by herself too long and she's likely to get

into major trouble around the house.)

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Hanging out in the emergency room with my son, who might have a fractured clavicle or a dislocated shoulder. We have had a pretty good run, it has been a number of years since I have had to make a visit to the ER. The place gives me the heebie jeebies.

Hanging out in the emergency room with my son, who might have a fractured clavicle or a dislocated shoulder. We have had a pretty good run, it has been a number of years since I have had to make a visit to the ER. The place gives me the heebie jeebies.

I find it entertaining, I usually am there on a Saturday so I get to see idiots injured in bar fights or chicks with alcohol poisoning but occasionally they are notable events, such as one dude bragging seemingly about getting testicular cancer and another girl that broke her nose when a chin up bar slid off the door frame and her boyfriend being everything short of threatened with arrest.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Made an appointment with my psychiatrist. At this point I am pretty sure I am beyond repair though. Still, I need to have a check up and see if there is indeed a chance for me to live life without having to take medicine. 2 x 100 Fluvoxamine a day, one in the morning and one towards the evening. If I don't take those then anxiety and panic attacks kick in. 

I am 36 years old now, it's hard to believe that not just 7 years ago I was busy studying computer science while working at a restaurant on the side to make ends. I even helped my older brother with his debts...

Haven't really left home since 2013 though, mom passed away due to a rare type of cancer and everything went downhill from there. Dad has been taking care of me ever since. 

Oh well, you know what they say: 'Das Leben is kein Ponyhof'...

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Tried eating a raw fava bean. Broke open the giant pod (sure is fuzzy in there), picked out the bean (really more of a kidney bean shaped huge pea), ate it. Not recommended. Bitter, made the tongue kinda tingly. So then the more recommended method: after deshelling them, parboil a pile for a minute or so and peel off the "skin" of the favabean. The minute of boiling removes the bitter, starts to taste a little nutty. Palatable.

But what a lot of work just for a plateful of beans. Huge stack of giant whole favabean pods down to a small tupperware of finished product. If it was my only food source, it'd be a good one. But it's not, so ... yeah, no.

Hubby's started on sprouting his tomatoes seeds now. He got several varieties this time, all from seeds (the pre-grown seedlings from the garden stores always seem to suck/be prone to sickening). Tomato sandwiches sound much better than a small plate of fava beans. :p

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm so happy that my pc is back up and running, since I finished the upgrades I been doing on. I was going see how the

Witcher 3 now runs on it, but that's been put on the backburner since I had to watch my kid (baby girl has a simple cold).

Edit: Normally our daughter is at daycare and I just pick her up afterwards. While she spends time there, I try and get

my daily chores done around the house before the wife gets home from work in the evening.

Edited by wolfrider100

Jon Irenicus ´

I'm teaching a new yardman/shunter this week, started out pretty well, but after 6 hours he still couldn't understand that he has to "catch" the trailer to stop it from turning. Before we started I asked him if he ever reversed with a car and trailer before and he said yes. That was clearly a lie. Got alot of work ahead of me today.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Well today I finally beat Far Cry 5 and afterwards spent a hour or two watching tv curled up on the sofa,

before I had to pick my kid up from daycare. Right before I had to leave a pretty bad smell hit my nose, one

that told me I would being giving a quick bath to my dog, her second since this weekend. Again she's gotten

into trouble (knocked over the trash can).. not happy with her, but I still love that furball.

Edited by wolfrider100

Jon Irenicus ´

I finished Far Cry 5 yesterday, it was quite a dissapointment to be honest. Very unsatisfactory to both me and my friend.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I finished Far Cry 5 yesterday, it was quite a dissapointment to be honest. Very unsatisfactory to both me and my friend.

I have to agree, after playing it I'm also disappointed too with Far Cry 5. It could of been better, a lot better.

Edited by wolfrider100

Jon Irenicus ´

The overall gameplay was enjoyable, it was nice to see some quests move out of "kill x" territory, if barely, world was nicely put together - except for the voodoo ****, I've had enough of that. Characters was too over the top in most cases, and in some cases they were barely there. I really disliked the progression system, we always managed to unlock the progression without touching bases or missions, just by offing random stuff that was in our way anyway.

Also, they could've made the bosses more enjoyable to defeat. Monologing for minutes after a huge fight and barely looking bruised is annoying as hell.

At the moment I just started playing Assassin's Creed Origins, so much fun. But once and a while I have to check the oven, since a meat leaf

is baking inside it. The wife made the meat leaf before she went to bed last night, I now just have to cook it before she gets home from work. 

Edited by wolfrider100

Jon Irenicus ´

So, I have a customer support email open where I paste the driver details for my GTX 1070 in my gmail, there is a lot of system information going on and It must have had 'GTX1070' in there dozens of times.

The next time I open youtube I see random videos that have the numbers 1070 in the title.

Google's algorithms are kinda, well, dumb ? How does this make them money. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Spending many, many hours plugging data into a spreadsheet for my research paper.

Its simple, its easy, but so damn time consuming.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Getting ready for flight tomorrow. Ice storm possible tomorrow, so that's great. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The wife's off today so she's cooking tonight, but she's not sure what yet. Me I'm just

going to be finishing up the few of my chores that are not done yet (like the laundry).

Edited by wolfrider100

Jon Irenicus ´

I gave my notice at my job earlier this week. In just over 2 weeks I start classes to get my CDL Class A. 3 to 4 weeks later, I hit the open road.

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks