Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pillars of Eternity Patch 3.07 - The Deadfire Pack - Is Now Live!

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

manuretruck

manuretruck

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

curious. so is the 1.9 gig size due to the addition o' telemetry, 'cause am not seeing how a few portraits and a new merchant requires so much space? am not hurting for space, but am genuine wondering why a two-slice toaster is taking up more space than our 48" dual fuel viking range.

HA! Good Fun!

From what I understand this is due to the way the Unity engine handles asset updates. Even when only a few assets are changed within an asset pack, entire filepacks/*.asset files have to be redistributed. They don't do binary deltas/diffs, or at least not in the most efficient way.

AnorZaken

AnorZaken

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Am I imagining it or did you slightly adjust shaders and how far in you can zoom? (Maybe I'm just imagining it.)

• Mygaffer likes this

Messier-31

Messier-31

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2240 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Do I have to start a new game for this merchant to appear in Angloss Compass?

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7718 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Do I have to start a new game for this merchant to appear in Angloss Compass?

no... though if you access through steam, make certain to go to the deadfire store page and utilize the free download to add the deadfire pack.  

HA! Good Fun!

• Messier-31 likes this

McQuirk

McQuirk

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I've had a problem with this update borking the in-game keyboard controls. Since installing the update, the game is running just fine and all the point-and-click stuff works perfectly, but the game is not detecting any input from the keyboard.

Anyone else have this issue? 

Fardragon

Fardragon

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1456 posts

Can't find the new vendor anywhere in Anslög's Compass.

• Nail, omgFIREBALLS and astonhodge like this

rheingold

rheingold

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1085 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

^^^ Check that you have actually downloaded the dlc. It doesn't seem to do it automatically - at least for me. (I'm on steam.)

• Mygaffer likes this

Messier-31

Messier-31

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2240 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Also, somebody elsewhere said that reinstaling the game helped in his/her case.

emon64

emon64

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Steam:Emon64

Does anybody know how to download the Deadfire Pack if I bought the game from Amazon? The files seem to be GOG, but even if I import the folder to GOG Galaxy, I'm not allowed to download the pack without having the game bought directly from GOG.

Fardragon

Fardragon

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1456 posts

^^^ Check that you have actually downloaded the dlc. It doesn't seem to do it automatically - at least for me. (I'm on steam.)

I have the new portraits in character creation.

lsio

lsio

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Does anybody know how to download the Deadfire Pack if I bought the game from Amazon? The files seem to be GOG, but even if I import the folder to GOG Galaxy, I'm not allowed to download the pack without having the game bought directly from GOG.

You have to buy the Deadfire Pack DLC first (free) on GOG ; and it will show in your library.

https://www.gog.com/...y_deadfire_pack

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2279 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

curious. so is the 1.9 gig size due to the addition o' telemetry, 'cause am not seeing how a few portraits and a new merchant requires so much space?

New update has added ~54 px4_ assetbundles (items and effect).
Yet steam has updated ~4500 of already existing bundles...

emon64

emon64

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Steam:Emon64

You have to buy the Deadfire Pack DLC first (free) on GOG ; and it will show in your library.

https://www.gog.com/...y_deadfire_pack

I tried redeeming the DLC through GOG, but it says "Some of the selected products require you to own the base game." Should I ask GOG for help, or the devs?

Counterfly

Counterfly

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Steam:Counterfly

Thanks for the update!  Great job all of you guys and gals.  Please keep it up!

jeffreywilens

jeffreywilens

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts

I've had a problem with this update borking the in-game keyboard controls. Since installing the update, the game is running just fine and all the point-and-click stuff works perfectly, but the game is not detecting any input from the keyboard.

That's correct.  I fixed the problem by exiting the game and the restarting it and the keyboard works fine again.  This happened because to install the DLC Steam started the game up and then I tried to continue playing from there instead of exiting and restarting.

compleCCity

compleCCity

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Steam:compleCCity
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

The Deadfire Pack is named data_expansion4 and px4 in the game files, while the White March is …1 and …2, respectively.

What about data_expansion3 and px3? Did I miss something?

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2279 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

What about data_expansion3 and px3? Did I miss something?

Nope. Curious why they decided to skip px3 as well.

Also, it's interesting how they moved from the their usual versioning to semver. I.e. after v3.06.1254 comes v3.7.0.1280

Edited by MaxQuest, 17 November 2017 - 03:14 AM.

McQuirk

McQuirk

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

That's correct.  I fixed the problem by exiting the game and the restarting it and the keyboard works fine again.  This happened because to install the DLC Steam started the game up and then I tried to continue playing from there instead of exiting and restarting.

That was the first thing I tried.  Exited and rebooted, restarted PC.  Tested with several different game saves and characters, even uninstalled and reinstalled the game from scratch.  I am using the Steam version.

Still no keyboard function.... Anyone? Any suggestions at all?  ;(

FlintlockJazz

FlintlockJazz

White Rabbit of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1957 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Finally we have an official portrait of a bearded Pale Elf!  :biggrin:  Naturally all Pale Elves should have been bearded from the start, including the women, who should have had full flowing Santa beards.  In fact, considering Christmas is coming up, I am astounded that all the portraits were not modified to have Santa Beards!  Astounded I say!

• AnorZaken, Blades of Vanatar and Baltic like this

Mechalibur

Mechalibur

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Huh... I got the new portraits available, but the merchant isn't showing up. That's kind of weird.

Reinstalling the Deadfire pack worked, it just seems weird that I was only getting some of the features. Also right now there's a hilarious glitch where if you select "bind soul" while shopping, you can bind the Crossbow to the merchant!

Edited by Mechalibur, 17 November 2017 - 07:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users