Pictures of your Games Episode X - The Journey to Babel

Rosbjerg

I'm just here for the cat pictures.

...although that FO packcow on the ladder is pretty funny, too.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I love that cat sweater, it's amazing.  I go back to it from time to time.  I gotta go back and finish WD2, I like the game a lot, it's just that MHW has completely taken over all my gaming time right now.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I love what Ubisoft did with Watch Dogs 2. After realizing that WD 1 was unintentionally cringy, they decided to make Watch Dogs 2 intentionally cringy. A lot of people misinterpret the game, not noticing that the game is self aware.

Plus, they have an actually likable protagonist I care about and root for.  Also, the cast of characters around the protagonist is much better, the driving is better...  Really, everything is better than the first game.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I've run multiple displays for some years now, but it figures that it takes a game like ETS2 to make me try using them for Eyefinity gaming for the first time ever. The experience doesn't necessarily translate into screenshots, however, which indeed look peculiarly Escheresque.

(Click for larger but still shrunk version)

jVVYMz7.jpg

• Like 4

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Sifting thru old screenshot folders - I don't even recall how I did this. Some pose mod I guess...
FalloutNV_2011-06-15_13-56-38-53.jpg

He was easy to make fun of.
falloutNV-0001404a.jpg

Some weather/sky/storm mod?
FalloutNV_2011-04-28_15-35-28-66.jpg

And this is the problem: every time I think about replaying NV, I remember how many mods I had installed (both others and my own-made) and how long it would take to figure out what's what for a new game and I end up going "nah."  :/

• Like 4
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Descending down to the bottom of the Vale.

kO8Kt7W.jpg

But then...

KHWNRbP.jpg

Stuff happened and I had to take care of business.

UsOp4Xp.jpg

I got some sweet new gear for myself and Benny for my troubles, though I am 1 piece of armor short for the set bonus.  The glowing paw print on Benny's cuirass is a nice touch.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

And this is the problem: every time I think about replaying NV, I remember how many mods I had installed (both others and my own-made) and how long it would take to figure out what's what for a new game and I end up going "nah."  :/

Well, this one's simple:

7vPBYWr.jpg

It's a ppsh-41 and it eats all of your ammo. :)

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

This came out for PC yesterday.

[4VDvFjA.png

Right off the bat I get a reality check from a talking cat.

xPz6HvH.png

First thing's first. I need to try on the more ridiculous of the free dlc outfits (got them free because I have Trails in the Sky 1-3 in my library).

NFXAhYm.png

I was tempted to go like this for the whole game.

8iAdoha.png

Random cool pic for the opening cinematic.

XznMpFu.png

You can always tell when someone's a good person if they have a copy of Woo Baby on their bookshelf.

H7Pb1sD.png

Back in the first game Princess Alfin asked if Rean would be her honorary brother. I was all for it (honorary or not, that's got to put him somewhere in the line of succession, right?), but ultimately didn't get a say. Seems she's still hung up on the idea.

ZQRx1uo.png

HiGtHTn.png

Annabelle had my favorite character arc from the first game. She went from hapless noblewoman to Ash Ketchum.

Cm2ZdVt.png

mxwDpQm.png

Now Annabelle has reached her next evolution: Professor Oak.

bEK908i.png

Elise has weird ideas about the nature of Rean and Celine's relationship.

P0mjL1T.png

tzbjmhR.png

Prologue ends with a boss fight that becomes a mech fight.

OQG7nZM.png

Now Rean has a mech. In the words of Princess Alfin:

MMihTL3.png

I forgot to mention it before, but Benny's (Keyrock's kitty) fancy outfit made me immediately think of Alice in Wonderland. Just needs an actual card-face printed on it. :biggrin:

• Like 1

The Meowscular Chef is easily the best character in the game

DsBd16v.png

Someday, if I try my hardest, I hope to be even half as badass as he is.

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It is time to face the mighty Diablos, not to be confused with the plural for of Blizzard's Diablo.

wqDtz6x.jpg

Uh oh...

uweixeH.jpg

While by no means an easy battle, I found the Diablos much easier than the Ratholos.  I never fainted once during the battle, though I did come pretty close a couple of times.

5xBPKww.jpg

Not only did I defeat the Diablos, I captured it.  :dancing:

4olqyGA.jpg

at3DQFy.jpg

Also, check out my sweet guild card.  :brows:

zPWbqbc.jpg

Benny is such a badsss.  This was taken before I defeated the Diablos, so I now have Diablos waist armor instead of Paolumu and Benny has Diablos torso armor.  I definitely want to get 2 more pieces of Diablos armor for my character to get the set bonus, as the Slugger skill is tailor made for a hammer wielder, like Corinth.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I defeated my first Elder Dragon, the Kirin.  It's essentially a big bearded unicorn that spams lightning.  A Zeus Unicorn.

HWFTR5R.jpg

It took me 2 tries.  I came really close to defeating it the first time and just barely managed to get the job done on my second try.  The biggest problem is that the Kirin has some really powerful attacks that have a decent chance of stunning you, and if you get caught by one of those and it hits you with another powerful attack while you're helpless, you're a gonner, even if you were at nearly full health beforehand.  I had that happen to me several times.  In the end, I got the job done and got a Thunderproof Mantle for my troubles (holy smokes would that have been useful in the battle and will definitely be useful if I fight the Kirin again).  I made myself some Kirin gloves from the carcass, and I also hooked Benny up with some new gear:

NoTiDmu.jpg

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

When you're down...you've got a friend...
FF-15-0288.jpg

My favorite LinkStrike - it's amazing how many there are, but most will never see very many because of the gear requirements for them to proc. This one, Noct. must use a polearm+Ignis a polearm in his 2nd slot+random chance of occurring.
FF-15-0287.jpg

(7 seconds)

One of my fave in-store "new recipah" moments I've had. Not being close by is no deterrent, Ignis must have his say. (14 seconds)
  • Like 1

Because I'm an awesome hunter, I got an upgrade in accommodations to a super deluxe room.

DN1lVIR.jpg

It even has palicoes playing a harp.  :w00t:

sSoegti.jpg

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸