Pictures of your Games Episode X - The Journey to Babel

Rosbjerg

The ole ****ty brown and gunmetal gray color palette. 

The true war is on color and vibrancy. 

Have you ever been to war, then how do you know it isn't brown? I do know many people have described it as being ****ty.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

See, back in 'Nam...

No, I got nothing on that. 

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

For just a micro-second I thought Katphood was killing Arcade from FO:NV. :D

...the sepia filter. I like sepia as an effect but when/if it's an entire game I start to get a bit annoyed. It depends how extreme it is tho. I don't care about bright over-coloring all the time, either, but anything that's "on" all the time becomes dull or annoying. I like a game to have a lot of different color palettes/lighting filters, like in real life.

Only desert I've been to was mostly sand with green scrub, and thus felt more like being snow-blinded. Also, even in a desert or in war, on a clear mid-day, at least the sky is still blue-ish. If there isn't tons of air pollution at least. Sepia filters do not differentiate.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'll go to bat for Far Cry 2. There were definite strands of Chaos Theory DNA in it (unsurprising, given that it was directed by Clint Hocking as well) and I think the repetitiveness it got criticised for probably had more to do with lack of time if anything, something that also seems to be reflected by much of the voice acting that just screams "placeholder" to me.

Plus, if I ever decided to pick up Far Cry 5 at some point, I'm going to miss all the gross healing animations Far Cry 2 had:

Let's also hear it for this post in the comments for that video:

I can see it right now
Doctor: "So have you had any major medical procedures in the last year? "
Guy: "Well I guess i pulled a nail out of my hand, and carved a bullet out of my thigh with a knife.."
Doc: "Umm I'm gonna stop you right.." 
G: "Or all those fractures i shoved back into place and sorta hoped for the best, also I pulled a 18 inch piece of metal wire out of my knee, oh yea, not to mention all those third degree burns, but i think pulling the piece of rebar out of my side takes the cake"
Doc: "...Linda, cancel my 2 o'clock, I'm going to be very busy. "
Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

The sky isn't even blue in those screenshots.

*sulks*

:biggrin:

It was mostly cloudy/overcast in the first (fight started out blue-sunny and the clouds rolled in during the fight) and raining in the 2nd. ;P

In truth that's probably one of the things I like about the game - the zillions of filters they use. The color never seems to stay the same for longer than a minute as the day goes by. Either because of area, weather, or time of day Including sepia dust-storms). Although they do often seem to prefer the overcast/hazy look. And the PC versions has a bit more yellow-green forest filtering certain times of day than the console had, which kinda annoys me.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Aranea - still cool.
KQThlIR.jpg
4wB09iG.jpg

The more I think about it, the more I wonder why they put in these intermediate steps during camping, like making them appear (for 2 seconds) with food stuck to their hands or stacked up in the tent. Seems to be no point to it, just don't pop them into the scene at all, like they do in some other situations, since the player can't see anyway? (unless one is using a mod to cheat-view with Ansel.... :p )
sXCtHQG.jpg

• Like 2

I never understood why Mike will happily have sex with anyone except for SIE. People have joined the VCI to get into her pants.

For the record, I chose "Might As Well"  :brows:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My personal theme song is this:

If When I get rich I'm going to hire someone to walk behind me with a boombox playing this on loop.

Back on topic:

qhBDZJn.jpg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

This level of eye-candy is definitely appreciated by me.
hZEDIoj.jpg

2wIAR4p.jpg

But y'know, I still have a thing for Mr. Grumpy-pants Xan - graphics aren't everything!
BWP20130614034.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 4

Went back to No Man's Sky a few weeks ago and found this really cool looking planet:

giMKL5i.jpg

XDt6hw4.jpg

lRGItnF.jpg

Just look for planet Xiu Xiu in the Katphood system.  :grin:

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.