Pictures of your Games Episode X - The Journey to Babel

Rosbjerg

@Sorophx: What game is that? A PS4 exclusive, I suspect.

Looks like Horizon: Zero Dawn. And yes it is.

It looks fairly fun rpg/action and it's highly rated. I've considered buying it but I don't think I'd be able to properly get into/play it quite yet so I'll wait until I'm ready to play. Maybe another year or so.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

@Sorophx: What game is that? A PS4 exclusive, I suspect.

yep, it's Horizon: Zero Dawn, and it's pretty good. it's like a Shadow of Mordor/Witcher 3 hybrid, that plays better than any of those two. and it has John Gonzales of Fallout: New Vegas fame as its narrative designer, so for an obsidianite like myself it's bonus points ;)

and it's just gorgeous

lmmG5smFtUI.jpg

_N51WZ9HhTs.jpg

• Like 2
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Home sweet home

20180118215708_1.jpg

Fistbump?

20180120035633_1.jpg

Oh no a zombie! (didn't realize how much Trashcan Carla resembles one until I took this shot)

20180123015604_1.jpg

...and I was just forgetting about the main quest idiocy.

20180123124438_1.jpg

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

In Centaurus constellation...

RQSYbwo.jpg

There lives a peaceful race of Unfallen who like the color blue

YPY7s2z.jpg

And they unify the system in a biig alliance they called "Cabal of the Black Nebula"

hXJvsgR.jpg

Except! There's Lumeris.

seym1ff.jpg

And nobody likes Lumeris.

YBndnpQ.jpg

Seriously, **** Lumeris.

HAjCIJl.jpg

ocZMbM1.jpg

Also, look what I found!

aFgiGqD.jpg

• Like 4

And in a parallel universe to Fenixp the Vodyani were abducting my population:

h9UHE9h.jpg

VKhcED8.jpg

kVxh89n.jpg

(funily enough, we have pretty much the same alliance. The Unfallen asked my Riftborn to ally with them, then allied with the Horatio against the Cravers. The Horatio loved that as they were worried about my fleets pacifying pirates in the no-mans-land between our sectors. Then I added the Sophons to add pressure on the Vodyani.)

• Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Monster Hunter World

6Knl25s.jpg

My character Corinth.  I am a big fan of the dark skin silver/grey hair combo, it looks super badass.

s2DvMum.jpg

My Palico Benny. 

5RT6P1z.jpg

wse1sJ3.jpg

Y09eWN1.jpg

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Afghanistan '11:

7p2t4AH.jpg

It scratches a COIN itch for me, trying to balance keeping FOBs re-supplied, securing roads for IEDs, getting UN aide convoys to villages, and building and fixing waterworks to win hearts and minds. In my current scenario US forces withdraw towards the end and all the SEALs and Apaches board the C-5s home and you have to make due with indigenous forces, meaning you have to train up the ANA from the heroin-addled doofuses they start as into the Afghani equivalent to Iraq's Golden Division that eat shotgun shells and craps victory for when the inevitable Taliban onslaught comes.

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Monster Hunter World

My character Corinth.  I am a big fan of the dark skin silver/grey hair combo, it looks super badass.

:wub:

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

MHW looks great.

The leap in graphic from previous MH titles to MHW is staggering.  The last home console MH title was MH3 on the Wii (not exactly a graphical powerhouse) which was later rereleased on the Wii U with the most barebones of graphical upgrades (basically just upscaled).  MH4 came out on the 3DS (also not exactly a graphical powerhouse).  In comparison, MHW looks 2, maybe even 3, generations ahead.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The more I play it, the more I love it. My wonderful fleet:

PWmAw78.jpg

oc8mxwX.jpg

The stunning art when colonising worlds:

jXpXKa1.jpg

q6JnwDO.jpg

I also found, cought and recruited this ****er:

LIZLpJS.jpg

He actually was kind of a running joke with Amplitude, putting him as a random alien in the game's various artwork and in-game images. After fans noticed him and started speculating who he is, Amplite has added him as a hero you get for completing a quest chain.