Pictures of your Games Episode X - The Journey to Babel

Rosbjerg

I can prolly run it well on high if i disable some Gameworks nonsense

Yeah, most likely. I think the Hairworks in particular is a performance culprit. I don't care about Hairworks at all, I'm already used to garula's with no "wavy" fur and such. >.>

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, I've seen ppl posting that video everywhere.

If you've seen people do that Armiger glitch to make Noct. fly out of bounds, it's been apparent the game draws in/loads a ton of stuff that the player can never see, all the time, including new assets that suddenly appear that are obviously upcoming DLC assets ... and their engine likely does a poor job of unloading such from memory at times. I'm not surprised if the PC version is doing something similar, with Hairworks and anything else.

...I don't even know if I have Gameworks, I tend to only install drivers/PhysX and the control panel, any separate install of whatever I ignore. Like I can't use nvidia's game video recording app because I never install whatever it is that gives you access to it. :p I mean I suppose it's there technically but I have no control panel Gameworks access menu or for Ansel or anything else.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Other than impressive particle effects and pbr. The game has had serious performance issues dating way back into development. It's largely the engine which I believe they have abandoned and basically just coupled the whole project to FFXV. So after this game they'll never use it again. I do know the lead engine architect left at some point, so they were left without the knowhow to maintain it. Now Square uses UE4.

Continuing re: FFXV benchmark tool ... you can glitch it and control Noct/run around while the benchmarking is going on. It's utterly pointless, but you can. Because it is there.

snip

Shining Forces? Awesome! One of my favorite franchises that is entirely dead in the west.

I remember being really jealous of a friend and his Mega Drive when we were at school. Over two decades later I am saying NO MORE! I am doing what I always wanted to do mum. You can't stop me now!

(I had a gameboy and a 386. So I was playing Final Fantasy Legend II, Civ, Dune 2, Indy and the Fate of Atlantis, Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island 1 & 2, Eric the Unready, Starcon 2... but not Shining Force! Guess what I obviously wanted to play :p )

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

snip

Shining Forces? Awesome! One of my favorite franchises that is entirely dead in the west.

Dead pretty much everywhere isn't it?  Particularly after Sega tried to rebrand Shining Force as a an action-RPG instead of a Fire Emblem rip-off clone quickly followed by a lot of other Shining games that made a hash of the whole thing.  There hasn't been a Force game since 2009 and the last original Shining game (as opposed to ports / updates to their Shining Fighting Game Blade Arcus) was in 2014...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

FFXV Pocket Edition: Not playing it myself, screenshotted from someone's YT vid. The chibi drawings of the chrs. make me LOL - but in a good way. Watched the whole 1st chapt., pretty faithful to core questline, looks charming/well done. If they ever do a pc-port of it for $10 or something I'd buy it. Maybe.

FFXV-Mobile-004.jpg

Making the cat lead the charge. You should be ashamed, Keyrock. :p

That's not Benny, that's a Palico adventuring party you can send out on their own adventures and they unlock investigations and bring materials back.  Those guys are their own team completely independent of my crew, except I can choose what kind of expedition to send them on.  Someone need to write a fanfic about this Palico adventuring party. 

Benny only leads the charge when he chooses to do so, I'm all about charging forward with my obscenely gigantic hammer, though it is useful when Benny distracts the monster so that I can smash it in the butt.  I don't tell Benny what to do, Benny acts on his own.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks