Political Ocean's 11

Amentep

Only thing is isn't California always on fire though?

According to this site California seems to have the worst property damage but Texas gets more fires and Oklahoma had the most land burned

We're coming off a multi-year drought, but then we had the really hot summer which didn't help things either. The fact that we have a large population and heavy urbanization is also a factor in the property damage. This article explains the various factors that lead up to the fact that we have so high property damage here in California as far as fires go.

Watson’s order, issued in response to a lawsuit filed by the state of Hawaii, a Honolulu-based mosque, its imam and two state residents who have relatives in the affected countries, stops the government from enforcing the new restrictions on travel from all of the nations except North Korea and Venezuela.

:lol:

Activist judge gonna activist.

Hooray for the Hawaii judges for stopping these bans, I'm so sure the next time we have a democrat president and we wont have to worry about having republican judges start stalemating where the Senate can't, you tic for tac. Sadly these games will be justified because someone else started playing them first, and just because you don't wanna play anymore, doesn't mean u can stop others from playing.

****in politics

Edited by redneckdevil

Watson’s order, issued in response to a lawsuit filed by the state of Hawaii, a Honolulu-based mosque, its imam and two state residents who have relatives in the affected countries, stops the government from enforcing the new restrictions on travel from all of the nations except North Korea and Venezuela.

:lol:

Activist judge gonna activist.

The travel ban is really blatantly political and not based on any sort of actual threat. That compounded with the way that the admin has been touting it before and the way it was done previously doesn't help them.

Hooray for the Hawaii judges for stopping these bans, I'm so sure the next time we have a democrat president and we wont have to worry about having republican judges start stalemating where the Senate can't, you tic for tac. Sadly these games will be justified because someone else started playing them first, and just because you don't wanna play anymore, doesn't mean u can stop others from playing.

****in politics

Pretty sure some Republican judges did the same thing under Obama for ACA....

and there I thought judges should be apolitical - sarcasm

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I dunno, I'm kinda glad that judges can step in even if I don't always agree with them. I think for me it's because we don't directly vote on anything at the federal level except our representatives who can then do whatever they want once elected. I know we can choose not to reelect them but that's after 2/4/6 years as I don't think we have a federal recall. I guess I just view it as an extra check.

• Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

and there I thought judges should be apolitical - sarcasm

I dunno, definitely is room for doubt that the judge's not (people bringing the complaint probably are) given the nature of the executive order (the nice salting of Chad, Venezuela and DPRK, for example) and its origin.

Anyway, the ruling is here for anyone that is curious http://www.politico.com/f/?id=0000015f-2bab-d519-a57f-7fabf1450002

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Larry Flynt is offering $10M for information that could lead to Donald Trump's impeachment. I'd rat him out for $10M!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/10/17/larry-flynt-president-trump-political-bounty/770939001/

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/355957-senate-judiciary-opens-probe-into-obama-era-russian-nuclear-bribery

It seems Dems always accuse other people of the things they themselves do. 

The US has been caught with it's pants down, the only question is how far down they went. In fact I believe they are still dropping.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/355957-senate-judiciary-opens-probe-into-obama-era-russian-nuclear-bribery

This clearly means that Trump collaborated with Russian to hack US elections and took bribes from Russia, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and so on.

As everything is true what people are accused of even if investigation/probe of subject is still going or just starting  :aiee: 

Larry Flynt is offering $10M for information that could lead to Donald Trump's impeachment. I'd rat him out for $10M!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/10/17/larry-flynt-president-trump-political-bounty/770939001/

Trump would rat himself out for 10 MM :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

We have the three tier plan at work. The coverage is about the same (they are all a PPO plan so you can use just about any doctor you like). The difference is cost, deductible and out of pocket maximum. The nice thing is we have HSA's (health savings accounts, like a 401k but only for health care expenses). If you contribute at least $2k and $3k per year and take the lowest tier plan (with the high deductible and high OOPM) my employer will match dollar for dollar. To me that's a no-brainer. That's a free $3k per year as long as I pitch in $3k per year and I get to keep it in the account whether I use it or not.

IMO HSA's thould be THE model for dealing with healthcare costs. Too bad I can't use them at the Vet's office. Believe me, I tried.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

This clearly means that Trump collaborated with Russian to hack US elections and took bribes from Russia, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and so on.

As everything is true what people are accused of even if investigation/probe of subject is still going or just starting  :aiee:

It means that the Dems are completely innocent and are beacons of truth and most importantly never a source of hypocrisy.

So is the Dem governor lying about Trump's phone call to the widow or telling the truth?  Also what should be done if found lying?

She's a Representative in Florida, not a Governor, and the widow and the widows mother are coroborrating what the Rep. said. I don't see any reason why the widow or her mother would lie about the phone call.

• Like 1

So is the Dem governor lying about Trump's phone call to the widow or telling the truth? Also what should be done if found lying?

The congresswoman, you mean. And she is believing the family so if there's any lying it doesn't fall at her feet. Though what should happen even if it did? Guess she can be sued and face other non legal fallout.

• Like 1

So is the Dem governor lying about Trump's phone call to the widow or telling the truth? Also what should be done if found lying?

The congresswoman, you mean. And she is believing the family so if there's any lying it doesn't fall at her feet. Though what should happen even if it did? Guess she can be sued and face other non legal fallout.

Sued over a he said-she said with no recording (taped or otherwise) and the credibility depends on which political party you're in? It's entirely possible that Trump got miscontrued or misunderstood by the family and the congresswoman, but he's doubling down and not trying to correct the record.

Well was a guess at what could happen. Pretty WAG, for sure. My question there was one, not rhetorical. :p