A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the (Obsidian) Forum

Amentep

old twitter: send nudes bb

new 280 char twitter: dearest Penelope, it's been a harsh winter's time since thou booty has graced thy screen

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yep. It's actually pretty realistic, sadly. Nothing like doing a three year degree with associated debt to find that there's no demand for it in the workforce at the end. Here at least the stereotypical job for a humanities degree is a McDonalds burger flipper. It has knock on effects as well, we have far too many humanities secondary school teachers and far too few science teachers here as the teacher wage is great for attracting humanities students but awful for attracting science graduates which there are a shortage of- and because of the demand from humanities graduates the MBAs in the Education Department won't offer higher wages for science teachers as they'd have to pay the humanities teachers more as well and attract even more of them (though it's now so bad on the science side that they are bringing back some non wage inducements, when I was at uni they offered $10k and no fees for science teachers).

I don't get it.

Their waiter very likely has a better degree than the one being celebrated- but he's still working as a waiter. It's more irony funny than haha funny.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 2

when-youre-having-a-bad-day-look-at-thes

I needed that this morning,,,

really? some of them looks already drowned 

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

21314576_1916076761830581_22952500785758

• Like 6

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yep my dachshunds are the NSA when it comes to eating in my house

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Netflix send cease and desist to Stranger Things pop up bar

The letter begins, “Danny and Doug, My walkie talkie is busted so I had to write this note instead. I heard you launched a Stranger Things pop-up bar at your Logan Square location. Look, I don’t want you to think I’m a total wastoid, and I love how much you guys love the show. (Just wait until you see Season 2!) But unless I’m living in the Upside Down, I don’t think we did a deal with you for this pop-up. You’re obviously creative types, so I’m sure you can appreciate that it’s important to us to have a say in how our fans encounter the worlds we build.”

The creative cease-and-desist goes on to say, “We’re not going to go full Dr. Brenner on you, but we ask that you please (1) not extend the pop-up beyond its 6 week run ending in September, and (2) reach out to us for permission if you plan to do something like this again. Let me know as soon as possible that you agree to these requests.”

And here’s the kicker: “We love our fans more than anything, but you should know the demogorgon is not always as forgiving. So please don’t make us call your mom.”

Always stay chill, Netflix.

• Like 2

22007965_1648123265218653_85256524637355

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Saw this post about straight dudes feeling emasculated at the thought of taking their wife’s last name, and it gave me a sudden craving for fantasy media where some dude is called Leopold THE DESTROYER or some **** and there are all these rumors going around about how he got his moniker, all these made up stories about how he must have razed a village to the ground or slayed 12 dragons or some **** and it turns out he just took his wife’s last name.

“What was your name before?”
“Meadowalker.”
“…”
“I miss it sometimes y’know, but eh,” he smiles wistfully as he looks over to where his wife is sharpening her sword. “What can you do when you marry for love.”

• Like 2