The Music Listening thread

Pidesco

I guess it's music Sunday for me. Can't stop watching/listening to music vids.

Of course, every time I watch ones from the 80's I still always laugh at the arm-swinging "dance" everyone does in every video - even as I still dance that way in my living room. :p

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

• Like 2

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Some are going to get the following, some are going to huh?

Here's my quick take on the Grateful Dead vs Phish:

It's a crazy thing, those who are divided on this. As a huge fan of both, I love them both. They ARE different. Trey isn't Jerry, Phish isn't the Dead, and vice versa, not by a long shot even. My god there are similarities, and in the absolute best of ways.There are differences galore, in the absolute best of ways. Two different bands, but both populated through and through by phenomenally talented individuals.

If there was ever a guitarist to fill Jerry's spot at Wrigley Field, Trey was it, hands down. And holy smokes did he own it.

That said, massive hats off to John Mayer for the now and future.

• Like 1

^ As a person who also is a huge fan of both The Grateful Dead and Phish, I went to 10 concerts and 3, respectively, I say, while comparisons are hard to ignore, just ignore them and enjoy both bands for what they were, jam bands of two completely different eras.  As an aside, Scarlet Begonias is one of my favorite songs.

I don't just love this because I'm Polish...  Okay, maybe partially because I'm Polish...  maybe even largely because I'm Polish, but that doesn't dismiss the fact that this piece is BRILLIANT.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

While I'm at it, here's maybe (changes almost every day) my favorite Dead song:

And my favorite (doesn't change) Phish song:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks