The Weird, Random and Interesting Things That Fit Nowhere Else Thread

Blarghagh

Frozen embryo 'snowbaby' conceived the year after her mother was born

The longest known frozen human embryo to result in a successful birth was born last month in Tennessee.

Emma Wren Gibson, delivered November 25 by Dr. Jeffrey Keenan, medical director of the National Embryo Donation Center, is the result of an embryo originally frozen on October 14, 1992.

Emma's parents, Tina and Benjamin Gibson of eastern Tennessee, admit feeling surprised when they were told the exact age of the embryo thawed March 13 by Carol Sommerfelt, embryology lab director at the National Embryo Donation Center.

"Do you realize I'm only 25? This embryo and I could have been best friends," Tina Gibson said.

Today, Tina, now 26, explained to CNN, "I just wanted a baby. I don't care if it's a world record or not."
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Seems odd to me too. A danger to police alert sent to my phone helps how?

I was wondering that myself, I'm not sure what the utility is here. Kind of almost seems like a "Look how dangerous our job is!" kind of thing than anything that would actually help people.

I can see it being useful for big emergencies when civillians need to stay away from an area (though such situations get plastered on the news anyway), but is it going to be used for more everyday stuff? The line "when there is an imminent credible threat to an officer" seems somewhat vague to me and could be applied to being in the middle of a shootout or confronting a suspect, possibly right before they shoot.

Interetsing. So.. they just compared  big bad cops to itty bitty children. That is sad.,  Talk about being insulting to police. if there is a danger to cops iin area can't they just reach them on their radios? COME ON.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I shall name him Kummakivi, The Pale Annihilator.

fixed.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I was thinking about ladies who got shot at over 100 times and the guy who got his truck smashed in and shot at during the Christopher Dorner rampage a few years back

I liked the cops trying to excuse that as 'Well we were frightened'. Kind of funny to see shaven headed, rayban wearing badass types make such a claim.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Russia practicing for an invasion of Europe: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5177666/russia-military-drills-invasion-europe-vladimir-putin/

This isn't as big a deal as it sounds like. Military drills and exercises routinely mimic action in actual places. A few years ago under the Obama admin they were practicing an invasion of Texas during a "civil war". a much bigger seal was made of that than probably should have been. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm not sure about the trees, but that comment section sure brought out the racists! :p

Edited by Hurlshot

I'm not sure about the trees, but that comment section sure brought out the racists! :p

The comments section on a news article: if you have any faith in humanity remaining, that is where you lose it!

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell