Politics 2017 Act 6

am not gonna reject rolling stone out of hand simple 'cause they clear have an agenda they is trying to advance

Yeah, if I started rejecting publications (or any other source of news) because of that, I'd have no sources of news left in approximately the time it takes me to cross off every single source of news I currently have, including this forum.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

You can always reject the Mail and Sun at least

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Look. This is huge. Paper trail. The Director of the FBI wrote memorandums to file on his conversations with the President documenting attempts at what can amount to as obstruction of justice.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Too bad nothing seems to matter

Shady, before you do anything rash, I have a number I'd like you to call. Give it a try - they're very nice people, and I'm positive that they can help you with your problem. Trust me, it gets better. :)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Too bad nothing seems to matter

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Look. This is huge. Paper trail. The Director of the FBI wrote memorandums to file on his conversations with the President documenting attempts at what can amount to as obstruction of justice.

"Alone in the Oval Office, Mr. Trump began the discussion by condemning leaks to the news media, saying that Mr. Comey should consider putting reporters in prison for publishing classified information, according to one of Mr. Comey’s associates."

spock-gif.gif

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

As someone who liked Trump's campaign and promises, he has been a garbage fire of a president so far. And for the Republicans who were elected on promises to build the wall, repeal Obamacare, and defund planned parenthood, not being able to do any of them while controlling the house, senate, and presidency they need to do something big to gain some credibility back.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Good grief.

Trump committed a major breach of Intelligence and operational security by sharing the highest level of classified intel to a foreign adversary -- the same adversary his team is under investigation for colluding with -- from an ally source that did not want the information to be shared --least of all the Russians or Syrians, which has now been compromised.

Additionally, other US allies have gone on the record stating that they will now be more hesitant in sharing Intel with the US because the President can't seem to get out of his own way to keep his braggadocio in check and keep his mouth shut when he's being played by Russian Spymasters.

You do realize the U.S. President can pretty much tell anyone in the world anything they want right? They have the legal power to declassify pretty much everything except the nuclear launch codes (though Clinton was somewhat plausibly accused of even doing that ~20 years ago) .

Also, no U.S. ally that matters said anything of real consequence on this issue.

Also, government officials share and discuss 'classified' information with publicly advertised 'friends' and 'enemies' all the time. Particularly government officials working in the executive branch. In fact, it's safe to say that in any given behind closed doors discussion between 'top' foreign officials contains more 'classified' subject matter than not. If you think otherwise you're naive.

The issue is a non-story. Nothing but a pot stirring propagandic red herring.

McCain is now well known for being all talk. Also he was always a womanizing, unprincipled idiot who only got anywhere because of his Dad.

Being corrupt as **** helped him quite a bit, though I guess it's safe to say that his daddy taught him that. However, idiot he is not.

McCain is smarter than the average Joe.Truth is almost everyone on Capital Hill is. They play a large chunk of the U.S. population, including many on this forum, all the time.

You do realize the U.S. President can pretty much tell anyone in the world anything they want right? They have the legal power to declassify pretty much everything except the nuclear launch codes (though Clinton was somewhat plausibly accused of even doing that ~20 years ago).

Yes. I explicitly stated as much earlier in the thread.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

How soon until House of Cards gets canceled in favor of the far more unprecedented series called US Politics.

I swear, the world feels like a spectacle at times.

House of Cards should have ended already. It was a great show the first couple of seasons but has gone downhill since Season 2. Hopefully it redeems itself this season and returns to the path it's predecessor took.

The majority of politics in the public eye at the national level is one big dog and pony show full of smoke and mirrors. A spectacle it is at almost all times.

PS. Regarding Seth Rich conspiracy. Completely debunked by Wheeler himself.

"But Tuesday afternoon, Wheeler told CNN he had no evidence to suggest Rich had contacted Wikileaks before his death.

Wheeler instead said he only learned about the possible existence of such evidence through the reporter he spoke to for the FoxNews.com story. He explained that the comments he made to WTTG-TV were intended to simply preview Fox News' Tuesday story. The WTTG-TV news director did not respond to multiple requests for comment."

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/16/media/seth-rich-family-response-claims-of-wikileaks-contact/index.html

:lol:  Rolling Stone LOL. No there is a publication with zero credibility!

More than the WaPo to anyone who really pays attention...

This is not to say Rolling Stone is much of a credible publication. But it's had it's moments.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/report-trump-asked-comey-shut-222434691.html

Guys this is getting more serious, Trump appears to have asked Comey to drop the Flynn investigation 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Guys this is getting more serious, Trump appears to have asked Comey to drop the Flynn investigation

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/92561-politics-2017-act-6/?p=1912561

But as Gromnir also pointed out, Trump also wants to incarcerate journalists as well.

• Like 1

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/92561-politics-2017-act-6/?p=1912561

But as Gromnir also pointed out, Trump also wants to incarcerate journalists as well.

My bad, Im behind in latest forum updates   8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Putin offers transcript to prove Trump did not pass Russia secrets.

But a leading U.S. Republican politician said he would have little faith in any notes Putin might supply.

:lol:

" I  wouldn't put much credibility into whatever Putin's notes are," Rubio said on Fox News. "And if it comes in an email, I wouldn't click on the attachment."

That made me laugh  :biggrin:

But I also wouldnt trust the Russians and there " notes " 

John Milton 

That doesn't seem that unreasonable if you consider reasons to lie. Doesn't actually fix anything but that is life sometimes.