RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

If you guys like top-down games like Hot-Line Miami, a game called Mr. Shifty just released on Steam for $14.99.

Imagine you have Nightcrawler's abailities, the stealth of MGS games and the brutality of Hotline Miami but the graphics style of SuperHot and you have Mr. Shifty! YEP!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/489140

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I'm in love with the song on this trailer and I can't find it anywhere(Strafe - Gameplay Trailer 2016). 

Sooooo awesome!  :wub:

On one hand this looks like a fun game.

On the other, not another gundam roguelike. -_-

It seems that they are trying to get rid of the negative aspects that are associated with most rogue-like games.

Here are some nice previews:

16 minutes of Strafe gameplay with Developer Commentary - Includes Black Canyon gameplay - E3 2016

STRAFE: First 3 Levels of Gameplay + Wolfenstein Mini-Game!

Strafe Gameplay - Hands-on Preview

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Full Throttle Remastered is available for pre-purchase with a nice discount ($14.99 discounted to $11.99). I think I'll pick it up - never played it before. Watched the first couple minutes of a youtube walkthrough on the original and it appealed to me. Plus, it looks amazing.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I hear Hollow Knight is better than Super Metroid and Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night...

At least that's what everyone who's played it has been saying.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/367520

Full Throttle Remastered is available for pre-purchase with a nice discount ($14.99 discounted to $11.99). I think I'll pick it up - never played it before. Watched the first couple minutes of a youtube walkthrough on the original and it appealed to me. Plus, it looks amazing.

If you like adventure games this then is a good opportunity to play one of the classics. It really deserved all the praise. And it is the only computer game which will create lasting associations in your real life. There is no one who played Full throttle who doesn't think of Maureen when they smell asphalt.

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

If you like adventure games this then is a good opportunity to play one of the classics. It really deserved all the praise. And it is the only computer game which will create lasting associations in your real life. There is no one who played Full throttle who doesn't think of Maureen when they smell asphalt.

I have Grim Fandango, I've not alot of time to play as most so I've only put some minutes into it but I really liked what I saw.

Full Throttle Remastered excites ne because of the cool protagonist and setting.

I hear Hollow Knight is better than Super Metroid

That's a BOLD statement.

It's not me that's saying it, but rather all the people who have played both games. I haven't played either to be honest, I've just been reading about it.

This is a mod, yes? Can't imagine it's not, given how many re-used sounds there are from previous Stalker games that I heard.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Always loved me some Stalker series, Metro too! :D

• Like 2

:aiee:

So it's a remake of Call of Pripyat?  Nice.  What I really want is a brand new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game (is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 ever going to happen?), the Metro games were great, but much more linear and scripted experiences (not that that's a bad thing), whereas S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was more open with much more emergent gameplay (one of the best emergent gameplay experiences ever IMHO).

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

GSC did release Cossacks 3 (to mixed reviews) recently, so they are back in business. Cossacks is a bit of an odd one in that most people in the west have never heard of it while it sold millions in eastern Europe. Stalker ought to be next, and I'll probably be telling myself that every month for the next five years.

• Like 1

The first game was a surprise success back in the days when I was living in Vienna(2007). I remember pre-ordering the limited edition of the game only to find out weeks later that my nvidia 8800 Ultra had a free copy of Stalker bundled with it.  :facepalm:

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

He meant Cossacks wasn't popular in the west :)

Yeah, Stalker was undoubtedly popular in the west and the series was multi million selling with very good name recognition.

Cossacks also sold literally millions and has very good name recognition in eastern Europe, it's more or less unknown outside of there.

My biggest complaint is, since it's a gameplay demo, how annoyingly shaky the camera is, that bobbing and weaving got me a bit motion sick just from looking at it.

Oh, and they got the flashlights 100% to STALKER standard; Utterly useless beyond arms reach. :p

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

:aiee:

So it's a remake of Call of Pripyat?  Nice.  What I really want is a brand new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game (is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 ever going to happen?), the Metro games were great, but much more linear and scripted experiences (not that that's a bad thing), whereas S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was more open with much more emergent gameplay (one of the best emergent gameplay experiences ever IMHO).

I'll take it. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.