NFL 2017-2018 Season

Bartimaeus

Yeah, but I guarantee you if stadium food prices went down and cost the owners moolah they'd find a way to increase their profits in another way ijcluding finding a way to get it from players - especially with the weaksauce NFLPA. :p They didn't become billionaires by accident.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if Romo didn't apparently even contact the Packers when Rodgers went down, the Broncos probably aren't going to change his mind either (seeing as Romo loves the Packers...). I think he's happy where he is - less pressure, less injuries, and probably more fun.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Rodgers, Tannehill, Bradford, Palmer, Luck, Watson: it's a bad year for star injuries, and that's just the QBs.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Big time win for mah Boys against the Chiefs.  Dak was spectacular today.  At 5-3 we're in decent shape for a wild card spot, but there's a long way to go and we have a really tough schedule ahead of us.  Next up is a visit to Atlanta, then a crucial game against the hated Iggles that will determine if we have any chance to take the division.

In celebration of the win, here's Jerry having someone else clean his glasses for him:

jerry-jones-clean-my-glasses-9-5-121.gif

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Big time win for mah Boys against the Chiefs.  Dak was spectacular today.  At 5-3 we're in decent shape for a wild card spot, but there's a long way to go and we have a really tough schedule ahead of us.  Next up is a visit to Atlanta, then a crucial game against the hated Iggles that will determine if we have any chance to take the division.

In celebration of the win, here's Jerry having someone else clean his glasses for him:

jerry-jones-clean-my-glasses-9-5-121.gif

That play at the end of the half. Dear Lord.

​ok, I previously thought the packers would realistically win 2-3 games the rest of the year. after seeing the aborted mooncalf fetus that is mccarthy's "taking the training wheels off" offense without aaron rodgers while also getting a fresh reminder of our diarrhea dump of a defense, I'm thinking I'm gonna have to revise that to 0-1 games, maybe 2 (buccaneers and browns?) if we're lucky. a man can only take so many passes 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage and toss plays before he goes completely mad

Edited by Bartimaeus

That game last night was a disaster. *ugh* Losing Richard Sherman for the season is a killer. Players just don't have enough time to recuperate, so they are more susceptible to injury.

I think the league should match up the Thursday night game with the week-long break. The teams get a week off, then they play on Thursday instead of Sunday, followed by another long break. It becomes a plus rather than a minus.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

or get rid of terrible thursday night football altogether

• Like 1

I watched a lot of college football yesterday and I finally realized what's been bothering me about the NFL. They are all running the same offense and same defense with just a few variations. The NFL used to be where offensive schemes were innovated. Now everyone if using the same Pro Style bastardized version of the West Coast offense from the '90's. And they all run (with a few exceptions like Tampa) the same defense. That's why I'm losing interest I guess. It used to be a good plan could beat a good team. Now all the plans are the same. 

Thomas Sowell

Vikings beat the Skins dropping them to 4-5 and essentially eliminating Washington from realistic playoff contention.  Now my Boys need to take care of business against the Falcons, sans Zeke.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

packers beat the bears

I am content for the rest of the season

W00t! Interception by "Professor" Xavier Woods.  :dancing:

Edit:  TD Boys! 

happy-dance-animated-gif-image-1-2.gif

Edit 2: Also on right now, The Giants vs the 49ers in Dumpsterfirebowl 2017!

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Our offense did a bunch of nothing in the first half, outside of the TD we got off the Matty Ice interception.  We should feel lucky to head into the half down only 3.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It's tough for me because I'm rooting for Dak but against the Boys. I'm like please have a good game but not good enough to win.

This is why I don't play fantasy football any more.  I found myself rooting against the Boys or for division rivals because I had players on my fantasy team and I felt so dirty doing it.  I wanted to go back to simply rooting for the Boys and hating the Giants, Eagles, and Skins, so I gave up fantasy.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Well, we got run over by a truck.  The Falcons did to us what we did to teams last year, control the clock.  We basically never had the ball in the second half until the score was so silly it was over.  Season's not over yet, but the game against the Eagles next week is that much more critical now (a must win for us).

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

feeling good being the only person to pick the packers and cowboys correctly in my pick'em today. :biggrin: