NFL 2017-2018 Season

Bartimaeus

yep. I hate snake drafts, but that's what I'm stuck with for this league. I much prefer to be drafting late, but it seems like I'm always drafting early...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Packers-Bengals 2nd half:

Question%20Mark.jpg

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

We played like dog**** for most of the first half and it looked for a while like we were going to get blown out again, yet somehow we go into the half tied at 7-7.  All things considered, I'll take that.

Edit: Dez with beastly effort for a TD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vuOInaNlb0

Edit 2: Larry Fitzgerald is still pretty damn good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJghm8xlLXY

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Good rebound win for the Boys against a scrappy Cardinals team, just what the doctor ordered after last week's embarrassing loss.  The Cards started out hot, but then a missed FG and a defensive adjustment by Rod Marinelli to go with 6 DBs ground Arizona's offense to a halt and shifted momentum.  From there our offense got on track and we caught up, then pulled ahead to stay.  DeMarcus Lawrence was the MVP of the game, making life a living hell for Carson Palmer.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

crappy Cardinals team

fixed: without David Johnson, the Cardinals' defense can try all they can, but the offense ain't going anywhere

Also, on an unrelated note, I finally heard my first game of Tony Romo. He's still a little unpolished, but gosh dang, is he a breath of fresh air or what compared to the rest of these scrub announcers? He's having fun with it, and he's actually often insightful. Listening to most of the rest of the dull and unhelpful bums besides maybe Al and Chris sometimes really drives home how little most of these guys are actually contributing unless you're just listening to radio...and I think they actually have separate radio announcers, so what's the danged point?

Protests can have repercussions, that's always been true.  When you protest you need to go into it with the knowledge that there may be consequences.  Some people take great offense to people disrespecting the national anthem and I'm not going to say they are wrong to feel that way.  People have a right to protest and others have a right to protest their protests.  In this case, the protest (to the protest) came in the form of a denial of contract.

:shrugz:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I agree that people have the right to be offended even if they are usually the group complaining about people being offended but I also agree that it's strange that the consequences fall on the family who wasn't even involved.

I guess I'm just agreeable

Free games updated 3/4/21

Protests can have repercussions, that's always been true.  When you protest you need to go into it with the knowledge that there may be consequences.  Some people take great offense to people disrespecting the national anthem and I'm not going to say they are wrong to feel that way.  People have a right to protest and others have a right to protest their protests.  In this case, the protest (to the protest) came in the form of a denial of contract.

:shrugz:

Saw a video of some woman, owns a Steelers paraphernalia shop , now she is being boycotted and getting alot of abuse on social media, all she sells is Steeler stuff, she is well screwed over this. :(

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

Saw a video of some woman, owns a Steelers paraphernalia shop , now she is being boycotted and getting alot of abuse on social media, all she sells is Steeler stuff, she is well screwed over this. :(

That sucks.  Unfortunately, there's always collateral damage in these kinds of situations.  I mean, part of me wants to say that she's getting what she deserves for being a Steelers fan in the first place, but I won't, I'm going to take the high road here.  :-

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The Green Bay Infirmary for NFL Players Whose Bodies Don't Work Good opens today.

this saints-dolphins game is making me wish north korea would bomb us

Edited by Bartimaeus

Shamefully bad 2nd half by the Boys.  Our defense was consistent throughout the game, consistently bad.  Our offense was great in the first half and did a bunch of nothing in the second half.  We got hosed by the refs on a terrible holding call that took a 2 point conversion that would have tied the game halfway through the 4th quarter off the board, but that doesn't change the fact that we played piss poor football in the second half and deserved to lose.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yeah, I fell asleep right after the saints-dolphins game because it was so dreadfully boring, and woke up to some...interesting results on the day, to say the least.

I'm pretty sure he's had comments like that in the past, so it didn't really come as a surprise to me. I guess they were kind of smoothed over since his MVP year, though. It's much easier to forgive a person for stupid stuff...and sometimes even horrifying stuff...when you like them for other reasons, I guess.

^I think that's the official position of the NFL and their fans

I mean just look at all the horrible stuff players have been caught doing but we excuse because they're good and they're on our team

am guessing we don't fit the mold. lawrence taylor broke our heart as a young player. have never forgiven ray lewis, though we can applaud how he seeming turned his life around. same goes for michael vick.  roethlisberger is a d-bag... period.  jack lambert is friends with our father and so we always rooted for the steelers, but 'cause o' ben...

heck, we stopped watching baseball complete after the strike season in the 94-95 season(s). 

am kinda reversed on this issue.  baseball players who win the roberto clemente award or football guys who take home the walter payton award are the players we tend to most admire.  the excellent football players who beat their wives or get busted at strip clubs at 1:30 am for firearm crimes is not gaining a free pass from us.  

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)