NFL 2017-2018 Season

Bartimaeus

I think the Packers thought the same thing in 2013 after Rodgers broke his collarbone mid-season. Going into week 11, we were 5-4, and would subsequently drop to 5-6-1 over the next two weeks...while the Lions were 6-3. Then the Lions lost 6 of the next 7 games, four of them by 3 points or less. Packers won the division by a sliver at 8-7-1. The Lions' one win during that seven week stretch, ironically enough, was an utter drubbing of the Packers, winning 40-10. Doesn't matter, won the division/went to the playoffs. :biggrin:

But anyways, EE isn't even guaranteed to be suspended for the next six weeks. The temporary restraining order on the suspension was granted as a result of procedural errors committed by the NFL - likewise, the overturning of the TRO was granted as a result of a procedural error committed by Ezekiel Elliot's party. EE will file another, though it admittedly has less chance of working than last time because instead of being filed in Texas' 5th circuit, it will be filed in New York's 2nd circuit - the same as the Brady decision. Since the TRO is granted on the basis of "likelihood of success" in regards to the overall lawsuit, eh...well, because of the particulars and the differences between these two cases, I think it's hard to predict whether or not the TRO will be granted, and it will ultimately come down to the discretion of the judge pulled for the case. Don't hold your breath, but it could happen.

Of course, do you want it to? Would you rather EE serve out his suspension this year and just get it over with...or would you rather still try to make the playoffs this year and attempt to delay the suspension until next season? EE is trying the latter, but this entire debacle could very well just end up ruining two Cowboys' seasons here...

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Yeah.

In other news, here's a pretty neat video that takes a look at a recent innovation in the NFL. How the Packers Get Away With Holding on Every Play (was also alternatively titled by the author "How the Packers Are Transforming NFL Offensive Line Play"). Taking an old technique that fell into disuse and "updated" it for the modern game with great results.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

From Zeke's point of view, if you truly believe you did nothing wrong, you would fight this to the bitter end, wouldn't you?

I suppose, but that process has already occurred (albeit flawed), and hes been found guilty. I don't know a damn thing about law but I feel like the CBA (and its powers) are ironclad.

So now Dallas season is 1/3 over and already circling the drain with the Eagles divisional lead, EE still has to eat 6 games in there somewhere, and the defense smells of elderberries. IMO, I don't see the playoffs in Dallas future so he needs to serve the suspension this season so it doesn't bleed over to next season.

speaking of seasons ending, looks like the packers' might be over with rodgers possibly breaking his collarbone.

(e): confirmed

Edited by Bartimaeus

Another week, another loss for my fantasy team. Even with Rodgers going out I thought I would win because my opponent is playing 2 people who have a bye week. I'm losing against a guy who doesn't even log in to change his lineup. Worst of all he's winning the whole league.

Free games updated 3/4/21

speaking of seasons ending, looks like the packers' might be over with rodgers possibly breaking his collarbone.

(e): confirmed

He couldn't have done this BEFORE the Cowboys game?  :banghead:

On a serious note, that sucks.  I hate the guy for ripping our hearts out...  twice, but I respect his amazing ability.  Hopefully he comes back 100%.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Another week, another loss for my fantasy team. Even with Rodgers going out I thought I would win because my opponent is playing 2 people who have a bye week. I'm losing against a guy who doesn't even log in to change his lineup. Worst of all he's winning the whole league.

Yeah, my fantasy team was cow-inspired this year, and I just renamed and re-avatared it to reflect that my team is not much more than ground hamburger at this point. With Rodgers being by far my favorite player ever (and kind of the guy who got me into liking football in 2013 to begin with - when he broke his collarbone the first time, funnily enough), I think I'll see you guys next season outside of the Packers magically still making the playoffs, which I think there's maybe about 2-3% chance with Rodgers out for the season.

Edited by Bartimaeus

ok, I said I wasn't gonna watch anymore, but then I did, and now I love football again. a game of the year for sure. the packers may go 4-12, but that's ok: they will still (probably) have at least a couple of decent games.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

Happens when you keep fouling the receivers to make them not catch it (the first time especially - the second time was arguable, though the receiver still had a good shot at it). :p

Edited by Bartimaeus

Congratulations to whoever started Zeke in their fantasy league.

I can't get too excited about us beating the ever loving dog **** out of the Niners, because they're a winless team, we're supposed to beat the ever loving dog **** out of them.  Still, a win is a win, and given the Boys' season so far, I'll take it.  3-3 isn't a great record, but you can salvage a season at 3-3.  Next week is a big game at the Washington Racial Slurs.  If we can win that, we have a shot to make the playoffs, and, from there, who knows?  If we lose, I think you can mostly write us off.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

https://twitter.com/rjinvegas/status/923705489162039297

DNGpKfJVoAApaNJ.jpg.png

From 3rd to 30th - the Packers are only better than the Browns and Colts without Rodgers in Vegas' eyes. Brutal. I'd probably put us more at something like 24th or 25th, but that's just me.

(e): 3nd -> 3rd, lol

Edited by Bartimaeus

You know, I understand that times change and euphemism's fall out of style, but are Mr. McNair and I really the only last two people that know "cant have the inmates running the asylum"? Seriously, context people, context. Not every mole hill has to be blown up into a mountain.

^I'm surprised Dallas is still ranked so high.

Yeah, but even taking it in the best light, referring to employees as inmates at an asylum is a bad idea. Sure, there is obviously a big divide between players and owners, but stating it that way when there is already a ton of tension is asking for trouble.

You know, I understand that times change and euphemism's fall out of style, but are Mr. McNair and I really the only last two people that know "cant have the inmates running the asylum"? Seriously, context people, context. Not every mole hill has to be blown up into a mountain.

^I'm surprised Dallas is still ranked so high.

The euphemism is still well-known, I'm pretty sure...just in really, really bad taste, as Hurlshot said. Furthermore, he actually said "prison", not asylum. So you're having a big problem about black players protesting about police brutality, so you make a parallel between them and prisoners. It's not quite "we can't have the slaves running the plantation", but man, it's still pretty bad. But hey, at least Jerry Jones seems slightly less awful in comparison to that guy.

As for the rankings, Cowboys have the biggest fanbase, so that might be propping them up a bit (very optimistic fans pushing the betting lines against the pros), plus no huge injuries unlike a lot of teams right now is surely helping as well. Meanwhile, clearly neither fans nor pros have faith in the Packers without Rodgers, and so it seems, if anything, there's a bit of cynicism there instead. And I thought I was grim about the rest of the Packers' season...seems Vegas thinks even more poorly of them than I do.

Edited by Bartimaeus

The Jets are driving me crazy. I know they're bad, but every other week they are a handful of plays away from winning but can't seem to quite make it. They had two missed fieldgoals this week in a game they lost by five points . . . :(

Edited by the_dog_days

Big divisional win for my Boys against a decimated Washington squad.  With super crappy conditions, TDs were at a premium and we won on the legs of Zeke, the foot of Mike "Great White Buffalo" Nugent (filling in for the injured Dan Bailey), and a bunch of Washington turnovers.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

In the beginning, kneeling was created to protest social injustice. And then players said, "let there be kneeling because Trump is a meanie." And now, fully bastardized, "let there be kneeling because of the team owner." :lol:

I wish they would get their act together and kneel over the ridiculously high prices of beer and nacho's. smh.