NFL 2017-2018 Season

Bartimaeus

Things aren't looking good for my fantasy team once again. Going to need a huge game out of Rodgers and Bennett while hoping Montgomery seriously underperforms.

I can give you a "Montgomery does well and Rodgers & Bennett seriously underperform" instead. What say you?

...Doesn't help that both of our Pro Bowl-level tackles are out of the game, our star DE (Daniels) is out, Nelson is out, and our defense is playing much like the last time these two teams played... :p

(e): yep, into the trash it goes

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

GET YOUR CRAP TOGETHER, GIANTS!

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

ok, I guess don't, since holy crap that offense is just sad looking

MqXrU2I.jpg
  • Like 4

the best game so far this season

aaand it's a stupid 49ers-rams game

170921164125-aaron-hernandez-brain-cte-l

am knowing is wrong, but 'pon seeing brain images we had a reflex desire to grill cauliflower. cut cauliflower into "steaks" and slather with a molasses/chili/garlic/paprika/kosher salt/sherry sauce.  throw steaks on a well-oiled grill for +5 minutes per side, then move to indirect heat for +10 minutes.  remove steaks from grill and sprinkle with some kinda green herb, mostly for color... maybe add lemon or lime wedges for taste.

'course the problem with this kinda thing (not the cauliflower, but mr. hernandez's brain) is the literal tens o' thousands o' college and pro football players with cte who is not murderers. given our constant banging on the cte and brain trauma drum here and elsewhere, am obvious sympathetic to mr. hernandez's plight. he were a victim.  however, he were also a murderer.  

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Well, today's London game was a hellacious ass whoopin', even worse than what my Boys suffered.  Blake Bortles looked terrific, Joe Flaccid, not so much.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Funny that players kneel for the Amerikan anthem but stood for the British one.  If you want to talk about history of slavery and mistreating entire groups... Britiaan is the king of that. Do NFL players know the history of their own country or what? L0L

p.s. That game is an ass whoopin'!

P.S.S. I like how you and others blame the QB for a game in which the defense surrendered 44 points and oh the backup QB didn't do anything either. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Do NFL players know the history of their own country or what? L0L

On the other hand, they do have a notably less violent and less militarized police...and since Trump is a part of this protest now, Theresa May be less than ideal, but she's not Trump.

Yeah, I think literally nothing went right in this game for the Ravens. Flacco was garbage, but so was every other part of their team, including their previously elite-looking defense.

• Like 1

No idea.

I don't get it. It's the NATIONAL anthem, it's the NATIONAL Football League, , they should respect the NATIONAL anthem. I can't think of any Irish person contemplating disrespect for our anthem. I'm pretty sure if an irish person didn't stand up for the National Anthem in Ireland, they would probably not be standing up for quite awhile. Maybe its because we remember what had to be ensured to actually achieve having our own flag and anthem and appreciate it much more, as it's less than 100 years old and America's is much older.

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

To be clear, they're not protesting the national anthem, or the flag, or the military. They are protesting the current state of racial inequality in America, and to a large extent the President and his rhetoric.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

To be clear, they're not protesting the national anthem, or the flag, or the military. They are protesting the current state of racial inequality in America, and to a large extent the President and his rhetoric.

The privilege of actually having a national anthem is bigger than just one man, the memory of the people that suffered and died to give these players the freedom to protest, is sullied by these players protesting against the symbol of freedom that was granted by the bravery of the fallen.

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

dear lord.  the reason we got folks protesting is precise 'cause Americans actual 'member what it is to fight for independence.  unlike homogenized people o' much o' the rest o' the western world with populations as meek and placid as hindu cows, here in the US we ain't never let go o' the perceived right o' civil disobedience.  see a wrong and American first reaction is to complain loud and long. sure, everybody got a different notion as to what is the wrong being challenged, but having varied opinions is what makes the US a bit different. we got people who forgo anthem for personal reasons o' conscience.  got folks who have religious reasons for abstaining from anthem observance.  got people who believe the reason why our forefathers fought, and bled and died for independence in the 1700s were precise so people in 2017 wouldn't have to bend knee or bow before any king or flag.

mlk and emerson is lauded for their efforts.  muhammad ali, who threw his gold medal in the potomac, were the most recognizable man in the world for a time, and he is current a figure o' much respect in this country, regardless o' race, creed, color or gender o' the admirer. our heroes is often the guys who stood up to the Government and metaphorical or literal yelled, "no more."

and again, this ain't a homogenized nation.  we got considerable diversity with many different backgrounds, beliefs.  we got much greater economic disparity as well.  many minorities didn't get legal equal rights until the 1960s, which is almost half a century after irish independence. we personal got family members who consider themselves patriotic americans.  we also got family members who reject the notion o' the US government's authority, and they got good cause for such antipathy, just as the patriots feel vindicated.

bah. silliness.

HA! Good Fun!

ps what kinda bizarro star trek mirror universe is it wherein lockstep and reflexive honoring o' and anthem or flag is evidence o' appreciation o' freedom and the fight for independence?

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

in other news, at least both volourn and I can take comfort in the fact that our teams are terrible

• Like 1

you and me both, pal. of course, my team went straight into the trash as soon as I lost david johnson for the year, so I'm probably more likely to ultimately go something like 3-11, but that's besides the point.

• Like 2

The Boys don't play until tomorrow night (hopefully they got their godawful performance out of their system last weekend) so I have nothing to do today except to root against division rivals.  Giants played the Iggles.  Unfortunately a meteor didn't strike the stadium and we didn't get a tie, so one of those despicable teams had to win and it happened to be the Iggles.  G-Men winning would likely have been the lesser of two evils since I consider the Iggles to be a greater threat, but, oh well.  Hopefully the Skins **** the bed later tonight.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

you and me both, pal. of course, my team went straight into the trash as soon as I lost david johnson for the year, so I'm probably more likely to ultimately go something like 3-11, but that's besides the point.

You drafted Johnson too? Captain of my soon to be 0-3 squad as well.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle