To minimize eversprawling speculation threads, I decided to make this one. I put links from information from Josh Sawyer about new mechanics and other interesting stuff.
I do believe we'll get more detailed updates for what's new in Pillars 2 by the devs themselves soon enough, but untill then we can use these and talk around them.
Fell free to link any other info I might (probably) missed!
- STREAMING: new Q&A session with Josh Sawyer at Oct. 8th https://twitter.com/...797084643897344
- Interviews: http://www.mmorpg.co...aves-1000011515 (thanks Barbedbeat!)
- About when we'll meet the companions: http://jesawyer.tumb...soon-companions
- About grimoires and trinkets: http://jesawyer.tumb...e-made-a-little
from L4wlight in the Josh sawyer something awful poe2 thread http://forums.obsidi...osts/?p=1880328
- About multiclassing: http://jesawyer.tumb...p-builds-in-poe
from L4wlight in the multiclassing thread: http://forums.obsidi...sing/?p=1878734
- About cloaks and necks: http://jesawyer.tumb...-separate-cloak
- About skills: http://jesawyer.tumb...progression-was
- A little more about Xoti (stretch goal companion): http://jesawyer.tumb...-and-will-there
- Josh Sawyer Q&A: The entire video in text (from kirottu's thread! http://forums.obsidi...ool-text-form/)https://www.reddit.c...h_sawyer_1h05m/
- About reputation system: http://jesawyer.tumb...-the-reputation
- About proficincies and skills: http://jesawyer.tumb...-are-the-weapon
- About importing saves (from Fig comments section, contribution by IndiraLightfoot):
Can someone tell me which savegame should I keep "safe" until Pillars 2 is out? The "gamecomplete" one?
Feargus: just asked Adam, and he said it is the one called "End game save".
- About racial bonuses & godlike types (From Fig comments section, contribution by IndiraLightfoot):
1. Are racial bonuses going to be changed?
2. Will there be different types of Godlikes? (Wael, Skaen, etc)
Feargus: Racial bonuses are not going to be changed, and (2) For right now, there are not going to be different types of Godlikes.
- About party size (From Fig comments section, contribution by IndiraLightfoot):
Faergus: I can say the party being five people is something we will stick with.
- About system requirements (From Fig comments section, contribution by PrimeJunta):
System requirements unchanged from Pillars 1 (sorry for not providing a link or a copy-paste crom the original post but it's lost in the 2k+ comments in Fig and I though it was important).
Edited by Sedrefilos, 07 February 2017 - 02:48 AM.