Politics 2017 part II

Ben No.3

I was listening to New Day on CNN this morning. It looks like the Dems are lining up to fight over the Gorsuch nomination. Objectively, that would be ill advised. Replacing Scalia with Gorsuch will not change the balance of the court. It's a push. They would be better advised to fight over the next one. Because odds are it will be Ginsburg or Kennedy and replacing one of those will tilt the court.

Of course if it is Ginsburg and I were President I'd send up Janice Rogers Brown and tell the Democrats they are just a  bunch of sexist, racists if they don't confirm her. Now THAT I'd like to see!

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I wish Trump would focus his efforts on a very important matter. We are on the precipice of an actual disaster:

Nation's bacon reserves hit 50-year low as prices rise.

Hmmm... I need to invest in some pigs. But knowing me I'll get attached to them and they will die of old age. I've have various types of livestock over the years that were bought for consumption that ended up living long happy lives. Like to four hens and rooster now living in my rabbit enclosure.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

On average, how many eggs per day will each hen produce?

max 1

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

On average, how many eggs per day will each hen produce?

I've had them for three months now and have gotten about a dozen or so. I'm going to let some of them hatch then sell the chicks once they are ready. I herded them out into the garden plot and let them scratch around the topsoil and "fertilize" it a little.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Poor baby: http://reason.com/blog/2017/02/01/a-student-felt-traumatized-because-his-p

One wonders how this poor delicate little snowflake will ever function in a world where it is not enough for the evil white race to be respectful to him.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

It seems to me that this is telling:

http://www.reuters.com/article/rpb-adlertrump-idUSKBN15F276

Telling?

But we do know that we must follow the same rules that govern our work anywhere, namely:

Brilliant plan!

Now this I can agree with:

...journalists “among the most dishonest human beings on earth”...
  • Like 1

Poor baby: http://reason.com/blog/2017/02/01/a-student-felt-traumatized-because-his-p

One wonders how this poor delicate little snowflake will ever function in a world where it is not enough for the evil white race to be respectful to him.

College student writing a goofy op ed. Well that's something new and notable.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

White people oppress him by existing.

They could try objectivity and impartiality for a change.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Telling?

But we do know that we must follow the same rules that govern our work anywhere, namely:

Brilliant plan!

Now this I can agree with:

...journalists “among the most dishonest human beings on earth”...

With that quoting, you should be one.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Apparently Ted Cruz is going to debate Bernie Sanders about Obamacare on CNN tonight. 

Might be worth a watch.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

College student writing a goofy op ed. Well that's something new and notable.

You know I've been asking myself how the heck we have ended up with Donald f-----g Trump as President of the United States. Besides the fact the no sane person who loves freedom and liberty wanted Clinton in the office. And the reason has a lot to do with stuff like this. It's a classic example of overcompensation from years of PC bullying from the left. So yes, this is one insignificant example of the sniffling of an insipid liberal crybaby. But it is one MORE example of many over the last 20 years. And when this fetid tripe finds it's was into policy, which it often does with Democrats in office, it stops being annoying and becomes a problem with real teeth. And when people get sick of it they over react. Like in November.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

You ever met somebody that really made an effort to be miserable and angry at the world, regardless of their actual circumstances and what other people tried to do to help? The article kinda gave that vibe. Homeboy probably just isn't much fun at parties either. Assuming the original piece isn't plain old trolling -- the guy authored another one on how hard it is to be black and gay.

"While it's true that professors have a lot to learn from their students, leftist students increasingly seem to hold the attitude that the purpose of higher education is to reinforce the ideas they already have and shut out all contrary voices."

Whew. The obligatory "leftist" offhand remark was there after all. For a second there, I feared they might fail to meet the quota!

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 4

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

You ever met somebody that really made an effort to be miserable and angry at the world, regardless of their actual circumstances and what other people tried to do to help?

:lol:  There are a few frequenting this very forum actually! But point taken.

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell

You know, I'd most likely be a democrate if it wasn't for all this apologizing and these sissy wankers. It seems on the ideals I relate more with them but I like the attitude of the republicans more so.

Democrates-balls in a purse

Republicans-balls zipped out swinging openly like they just don't care

So for the innocent whistle..

Apparently something that's up in the US Holocaust Museum...

16473846_10154997166020746_3596132971209

Edit: And Yes, I know it's not exclusive to the Holocaust Museum and all that. But from the cheap seats on this side of the Atlantic, it's still kind of amusing and somewhat relevant. ;)

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I find it funny right wing people would whine about "bullying" from the left, but that is possible. Just find that article too much like the Daily Mail and its "WE FOUND SOMETHING FOR YOU TO GET ANGRY ABOUT"

You know, I'd most likely be a democrate if it wasn't for all this apologizing and these sissy wankers. It seems on the ideals I relate more with them but I like the attitude of the republicans more so.

Democrates-balls in a purse

Republicans-balls zipped out swinging openly like they just don't care

That doesn't seem fitting to a group that mostly consists out of puritan christians.

It seems that Reuters' editorial staff now counts US government as hostile, pro-censoring and anti press. Which is quite achievement in 12 days, when you take account that before Reuters was very supportive of most things done by US government.

• Like 1