On another note, I kinda feel like OE should have droppet an update yesterday (CET). There is less than 3 days left now, and it'll be atleast 9 hours before they go to work again. Then it'll like 2 days and very few hours. I'd had hoped for a big update, that could hype gaming sites, and make the final push abit earlier than that. Let's just hope they know what they're doing, and that they got enough time left.

They did say in the comment section that there is a delay. Wednesday for sure, tho.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

What kind of delay? I saw where they said it takes an enormous amount of time and effort to put together an update but didn't see anything else about it.

It doesn't really matter I guess. I was just expecting a 4 day blitz instead of a maybe 3 day one.

I'm greedy

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

What kind of delay? I saw where they said it takes an enormous amount of time and effort to put together an update but didn't see anything else about it.

Them devs are being vague as always, how should I know :getlost:

Catch, from yesterday's EU evening:

718697_delay.png

Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 2

It doesn't really matter I guess. I was just expecting a 4 day blitz instead of a maybe 3 day one.

I'm greedy

Feargus said they were on track for tomorrow (Wednesday) morning Obsidian time

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I think they're gonne show the "stronghold replacement" (ship?) and a stretch goal to 8th companion (someone hinted it in fig comments). And maybe some surprise they didn't mention at all during the campaign? That'll be cool.

Fulvano finally got south of skull-face island and past a new island heading even more to the south (probably will die freezing in the wastes of the White that Wends :p ).

It'll be nice (though extra for the developers) if they add the final destination of Fulvano's Voyage as a hidden one, not shown on campaign as an aextra bonus destination over the ones revealed via backer numbers. That'll be something exciting for us to look forward to!

Edited by Sedrefilos

Fulvano finally got south of skull-face island and past a new island heading even more to the south (probably will die freezing in the wastes of the White that Wends :p ).

What are the odds he will "discover" pale elves and boreal dwarves?

"Henceforth you will be known as fulvano elves and fulvano dwarves"

Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 2

Didn't Fulvano die in Pillars?  Thought that was his body you find on the beach.

Not sure if you serious or trolling ;)

Summary:

• fate of Fulvano is not known
  • we discussed this a lot in this thread
  • maybe it was his body in PoE1, but no names were given so it's just a guess
  • official wiki says that he is nowhere to be found in PoE1
  • in Fig comment section somebody asked about the possibility of meeting Fulvano in PoE2, and brennecke replied vaguely "Maybe if Fulvano is still alive. Is he? Hmm..."
  • derp

EDIT: Found brennecke's post:

749560_fulvano.png

Edited by Messier-31

Didn't Fulvano die in Pillars?  Thought that was his body you find on the beach.

Not sure if you serious or trolling ;)

Summary:

• fate of Fulvano is not known
  • we discussed this a lot in this thread
  • maybe it was his body in PoE1, but no names were given so it's just a guess
  • official wiki says that he is nowhere to be found in PoE1
  • in Fig comment section somebody asked about the possibility of meeting Fulvano in PoE2, and brennecke replied vaguely "Maybe if Fulvano is still alive. Is he? Hmm..."
  • derp

EDIT: Found brennecke's post:

749560_fulvano.png

Missed all that, sorry.  I just remember finding that diary entry of his bemoaning how he had lost the rest of his notes when he tripped over a rock and had been chased by xaurips before leaving a blood stain at the bottom, so figured I had finally found him.  Thought it was strange they had introduced the Pillars equivalent to Volo only to kill him off in the first game, but figured someone at Obsidian really didn't like Volo at all and so it was some sort of wish fulfillment. 

Cool, glad they didn't kill him off then, though the amount of travelling companions that die after meeting him makes me wary of doing so.  Kinda like having Jessica Fletcher come to visit: you know someone's gonna be murdered, just gotta hope it ain't you.

Gonna go back over this thread now and find this prior discussion (and anything else I missed).

Edited by FlintlockJazz

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Fulvano's next discovery:

jtBbL3D.jpg

The world is round, Holy cow!
"And so is my thick skull"

-So Sayeth the Wise Man Fulvano

Also... his name is waaayyyy to close to Vulva for my peace of mind.

Nightmares about a man with a face like a...

Maybe thats what a dreamlike looks like..

A wet dreamlike XD

Edited by Leeuwenhart

Maybe the next Island will be one with a boar druid dwarf companion.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Maybe Americans shouldnt celebrate Presidents Day and post an update instead

XD

Wth is Presidents Day anyhow...

Presidents Day is to Voters

What Fatherday is to Children

Buy him a tie and go play some playstation hahaha

#thanksdonald now my fig isnt updated

Edited by Leeuwenhart

Cool, glad they didn't kill him off then, though the amount of travelling companions that die after meeting him makes me wary of doing so.  Kinda like having Jessica Fletcher come to visit: you know someone's gonna be murdered, just gotta hope it ain't you.

What about all that stuff he posted makes you think he isn't dead?  That was blatantly him in Eternity 1.  He even has a piece of "fulvano" loot on him that is not discussed in any of the other journals.  Brenneke's comment if anything was tongue in cheek saying "Isn't he dead?  Hmmm..."

Also college professors fail students who site Wiki's as a source for a reason.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 1

2en59v5.jpg

Here's the new stretch goal visual aid. :p

I don't think we will se another companion. 5 millions seems way off. The boat looks dope thou, and the other goals looks cool. Also great with the languages, hopefully they can boost backing by a decent amount. Also super happy about the early bird DLC offer. We are going to get it anyways, might aswell add the funds for it to stretch goals. :)

It would be cool to have Edwin, I mean Ydwin, as a companion tho!

Edited by TheisEjsing

Oh for Eothas's sake Fulvano, could you make it clear whether or not you're dead already!

EDIT: Ydwin eh? I only want him/her if he/she can change his/her gender in a terrible/hilarious magical experiment. I also expect him/her to mutter about how stupid the rest of the party is.

Edited by JerekKruger
  • Like 1

Point of order. Having read Patrick O'Brian, it's been drilled on to me that a sloop isn't a ship.

Carry on.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle