5M for 8th companion.. that's really harsh. Plus.. i'm not so thrilled about sea battle after watching the videos. Also.. the sea looks greenish.. this is just personal preference but if the sea is blue that looks better for me.

Edited by Archaven

If we max out the Fig funds then we only need another ~1.12 million in pledges as of right now to get Ydwin

Seems unlikely but possible. I wonder if paypal and slacker backers will count towards this goal Looks like Feargus confirmed this already

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

2vttb4g.png

Well, if I understand this answer correctly, it gives me alot of hope for the 8th companion. :) If slackerbackers, and paypal will add to the campaign, it seems possible. 

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 2

Seems unlikely but possible. I wonder if paypal and slacker backers will count towards this goal

If I had to make a cynical guess I'd say the official stance will be that they don't, but then some time down the line Obsidian will make an announcement that they decided to include them after all.

EDIT: or, apparently, they will  :biggrin:

Edited by JerekKruger
  • Like 1

Quite disappointed in the stretch goals—especially the 8th companion's being at 5 million (it's the only stretch goal I really care about) :(

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Feargus confirmed in the comments that paypal pledges after the campaign will add towards the Stretch goals

Text form because i am too lazy to make a screenshot

"Yes, we will continue to add pledges we get after the campaign for a while. We will have to have a cut off date though, since we need to know what we have to put in the game."

So maybe we will get a little PayPal boost to reach the 5 mill...or at least the other unanounnced stretch Goals ;) 

If we max out the Fig funds then we only need another ~1.12 million in pledges as of right now to get Ydwin

Seems unlikely but possible. I wonder if paypal and slacker backers will count towards this goal

for wasteland 3's fig, last couple days brought in half as much as the first day.  is a lop-sided u-shape, but still represents an impressive last minute uptake in contributions.  as such, one would expect ~$500,000 'tween now and the end o' the campaign.  

sure, is possible, but to reach such a lofty number would involve a massive rate o' increase.

seems kinda odd to make a stretch goal which appears outta reach.  am wondering if this is some kinda nod to a possible post campaign pay-pal funding option or some other scheme? 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm fine with the seven companions to be honest. More time for the designer to spend in writing and polishing other things. Ideally, Obsidian gets $4.9 million.

But the Pirates! -style exploration map is cool.

• Like 4

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Oh for Eothas's sake Fulvano, could you make it clear whether or not you're dead already!

EDIT: Ydwin eh? I only want him/her if he/she can change his/her gender in a terrible/hilarious magical experiment. I also expect him/her to mutter about how stupid the rest of the party is.

And be romanceable in either sex? :dancing:

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I'm fine with the seven companions to be honest. More time for the designer to spend in writing and polishing other things.

I'd be fine with delaying the game to get an 8th companion, honestly.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

2vttb4g.png

Well, if I understand this answer correctly, it gives me alot of hope for the 8th companion. :) If slackerbackers, and paypal will add to the campaign, it seems possible. 

Posted the same thing myself in another thread.  If he is saying what it looks like he is saying, then the funding of stretch goals will continue well past the fig ending.

• Like 1

Posted the same thing myself in another thread.  If he is saying what it looks like he is saying, then the funding of stretch goals will continue well past the fig ending.

​Now that ships are in the game. They just have to pull a star citizen.

• Like 7

This update makes me very hyped, but also somewhat wary. I wouldn't want this to become Storm of Zehyr 2, filled with random encounters which all look alike and do nothing but pad out the game and standardize the setting. I hope each encounter will be unique and different, each area uniquely designed and interesting in its own right. I don't want to grow to dread facing the 50th nameless pirate party while looking for the 27th hidden island that may or may not have some unique treasure and quest in it. If the price to pay for deeper exploration is to be subjected to several generic areas/maps the ways of Baldur's Gate II random encounters, I'd rather they just stick with a more rigid map and keep each of the areas unique and interesting.

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Now that ships are in the game. They just have to pull a star citizen.

Also yeap, in a later post Feargus confirmed it.  Funding of stretch goals WILL continue past the closing of the Fig.  They are just not yet sure how far past the closing it will last yet.

This update makes me very hyped, but also somewhat wary. I wouldn't want this to become Storm of Zehyr 2, filled with random encounters which all look alike and do nothing but pad out the game and standardize the setting. I hope each encounter will be unique and different, each area uniquely designed and interesting in its own right. I don't want to grow to dread facing the 50th nameless pirate party while looking for the 27th hidden island that may or may not have some unique treasure and quest in it.

As long as the main bulk of the game is still a focused, well written story then, whilst I'm not a big fan of random encounters, I don't mind.

• Like 3

I'm getting the feeling that the majority of the traveling is by the ship on sea. Very, very different game design.

Well the setting is an archipelago.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

It is cool that PayPals and latebirds could add to the glorious 5m goal. I would however understand if OE do not answear this question till end of fig camp, you know, tactical reasons.

The thing with the ship is that in poe1 there was stronghold, and then drama about stronghold being dump, or lack of features.

So they may feel the need to polish ship and not have 100 topics: Ship is not enought yadayada.

Fig investments coming in! keep it raining boys!

Not just that.  Most backers are going to head in and add that DLC sooner or later.  Great strategy by Obsidian for a last minute sales boost.

Yup. I don't know if $5m is obtainable, but it isn't out of the question. We have the remaining investments which should add at least another $500k, and people adding addons and last minute pledges. I expect stepping over all the other stretch goals should be easy.