I think he means the stronghold replacement. They said there's going to be one, but they've been tight-lipped as to what it is. We're all guessing it's going to be a ship, but as far as what Obsidian have disclosed about it, it still qualifies as a hush-hush feature (a teased one at that.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I think he means the stronghold replacement. They said there's going to be one, but they've been tight-lipped as to what it is. We're all guessing it's going to be a ship, but as far as what Obsidian have disclosed about it, it still qualifies as a hush-hush feature (a teased one at that.)

Well, it had been said that we are going to get an update on stronghold on Tuesday. And frankly if that's their definition of "hush-hush", that's pretty strange. They had been really quiet on romance and surprised everyone by the fact that it's going to be implemented. But stronghold had already been hinted at a thousand times and you could build a small sand castle out of those snippets.

Maybe this hush-hush has something to do with an expansion.

Sources say that the plot would be about some people of the Deadfire hiring you to get rid of a lunatic sailing back and forth two islands.

• Like 5

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Companion relationships are not romance; not sure why everyone keeps thinking they are. Love was only mentioned off-handedly as one possibility, and a marginal one at that. It's not like we're suddenly gonna make the kisses with our favorite pixels (thankfully).

• Like 5

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It had been discussed a couple pages ago, but Fulvano is well alive. He just has a lot of travel companions and keeps giving them his clothes. Very generous fellow. Also he may be cursed, since his travel companions keep dying untimely deaths. 

lol, that cracks me up. (I also thought that was his corpse in PoE1).

Is that like "Dude, our time together meant a lot to me.... take my smelly boots!"

Or does he attend lots of drunken parties that end in shirt swapping?

Edited by Heijoushin

I thought he was dead. Just played through Ansalog's Compass again to confirm, but the body is a "Dead Vailian" holding a letter written by Fulvano, detailing how dangerous is the Compass, trailing off at the end after mentioning a xaurip attack ...

I guess technically Fulvano could be alive. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Are we sure Fulvano isn't a manifestation of Wael? He reveals the mysteries of geography to his companions, but then hides them again through the subtle act of getting them killed. His bizarre trips between Dunnage and the Drowned Barrows are, once again, acts aimed at obfuscating a mystery. Yeah, I think he's Wael.

• Like 17

Fulvano’s insides. Depending on your actions your party is either anti-bodies or viruses :disguise:

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

He's managed to move past skull island and now passed by a whole new island:

Fulvano passes by Ori o Koīki (Cursed Land of Corpses, in English). This island of dense swamp is home to an abundance of koīki trees, known best for the cadaver-like putridity of their fruit. Outsiders keep a wide berth from Ori o Koīki - yes, because of their weak palates, but more so due to the rumored presence of the Wahaki tribe, who have no patience for the foreign incursion into Deadfire.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

This island of dense swamp is home to an abundance of koīki trees, known best for the cadaver-like putridity of their fruit.

Oh, they had trees just like that in that short story about Aloth. Though the Aedyr simply call them corpsefruit trees. What's up with Eora and their trees that smell like corpses? It's not the best place to go for a nice walk in the woods I imagine.

On another note, I kinda feel like OE should have droppet an update yesterday (CET). There is less than 3 days left now, and it'll be atleast 9 hours before they go to work again. Then it'll like 2 days and very few hours. I'd had hoped for a big update, that could hype gaming sites, and make the final push abit earlier than that. Let's just hope they know what they're doing, and that they got enough time left.

• Like 1

I thought they would have had something for every day this week since it's both a short week and their final week. After they managed an update on their day off yesterday I really expected something today to lead into a big push for the last few days

I'm sure they know what they're doing better than I do

Free games updated 3/4/21