What You Did Today

Gorth

Thanks everybody, hopefully they will get better as we go along.  We are definitely rookies, but it was a lot of fun and I've got a ton of ideas for future episodes.  I managed to figure out how to get them submitted to iTunes and GooglePlay, so that is cool.  

I expect both of those to be disappointments. Though I am somewhat curious about Andromeda, I will admit.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Been sick in bed since thursday, got a phonecall at 2 am last night that my grandmother died. Since I already used my one annual sick day, the bereavement time will allow me to stay in bed instead of working a 10 hour workday.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Been sick in bed since thursday, got a phonecall at 2 am last night that my grandmother died. Since I already used my one annual sick day, the bereavement time will allow me to stay in bed instead of working a 10 hour workday.

You get one sick day per year?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My condolences Oerwinde.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Thanks. She hasn't been well for a while so I don't think it was a huge surprise for anyone, and we went over for Canadian Thanksgiving™ so we got to see her while she was still lucid. And yeah, one sick day per year, we used to get 3 but management felt it was being abused.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Wow, that's some **** management. We get 0, which is crap as well, joy of being white collar :lol:

Preparing for furnace install and trying to not worry about what will go wrong

Collections people are like salesmen on some truly horrifying drugs. They're really interesting to deal with, for particular values of interesting. Just to be clear, they're not calling for me. But I have had to answer the phone with them calling for both the business I work for and other employees at the company. An all too common tactic is them angrily threatening to call business associates supposedly under the pretense of seeking information. Sometimes by claiming to have contact information for entities that don't even exist. They avoid saying they're doing it to just harass the debtor by getting them in some sort of trouble, because my understanding is that would be illegal. But that's exactly what they're doing. It's the entire reason I've fielded calls directed at other employees of the company. They call saying they want to know "the company's procedures for when they visit and serve papers to the employee." But, despite seeing at least half a dozen of such calls, no employee has ever been served here. The point is entirely to get the company to put pressure on the employee.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

They should do the same for companies that owe debts, too: call the individual employees while they're trying to sit down and relax at home to annoy them into putting pressure on their company. I'm sure that'll work just as well as what they're doing in your case. :p

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Had to laugh as the furnace repair guys, being Jamaican, attempted to guess that my mom was Guyanese rather than being Trinidadian. This immediately caused offense, as it does. It is strange though, how often mistaking one for the other will be an insult. :lol:

Furnace install isn't as painful as I expected, and was a good break from work.

Now to settle in and get a heart attack from the US election

• Like 1

Had to laugh as the furnace repair guys, being Jamaican, attempted to guess that my mom was Guyanese rather than being Trinidadian. This immediately caused offense, as it does. It is strange though, how often mistaking one for the other will be an insult. :lol:

Furnace install isn't as painful as I expected, and was a good break from work.

Now to settle in and get a heart attack from the US election

I probably would have accused them of being Haitian at that point

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Had to deliver the frozen baked goods stuff the wife sold. The local PAC loves her because she sells more than all the other parents combined. 15 cases worth of frozen cookie dough and pies. Cold sweat the whole time. At least this should be my major illness for the year.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I just smashed my phone to bits following the US election. Hoping it'll turn a less worse turn, but as it is now, I see no hope for the world.

Did you at least hit a Trump supporter with it ? Waste of kinetic energy, otherwise! :p
  • Like 1

I just smashed my phone to bits following the US election. Hoping it'll turn a less worse turn, but as it is now, I see no hope for the world.

Did you at least hit a Trump supporter with it ? Waste of kinetic energy, otherwise! :p

Afraid not. Would've knocked some sense into one at least. :p

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I reckon it'll be another sleepless night. My back is killing me, and looking at the election and reading about it isn't really helping.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken