The 3.04 Beta is Now Live ; Patch Notes Within

Hey you (bunch of inquisitive gamers) 

3.04 is going into Beta tomorrow 10/4. This patch will have quite a few fixes and 1 balance change. We will be having some sweet prizes for people that participate in the Beta. We will announce the prizes and what you can do to get them tomorrow with the Beta.

Here are the complete Patch Notespe-patch-notes-304.jpg

• Like 19

If anything else is noticed in the base game, is here now the best place for mentioning it or still the other thread? I noticed tonight that Ryona's Breastplate permanently gives Triggered Immunity for example, which would be nice if it could be fixed, even if it isn't game-breaking and is easily avoidable.

Further, does that mean that other bugs that were mentioned in the other thread not on the list aren't getting a fix? It seems like all the major ones are covered above, but there are a few minor things like the on-crit stun weapon durations being way out of whack which Loren Tyr suggested a fix for. It's not really a problem if they aren't fixed (I'd take it as that's how you're intending the effect to work, and wouldn't have a problem with making use of them in the game), but it might clear things up a little to know.

Edited by Jojobobo
  • Like 1

If anything else is noticed in the base game, is here now the best place for mentioning it or still the other thread? I noticed tonight that Ryona's Breastplate permanently gives Triggered Immunity for example, which would be nice if it could be fixed, even if it isn't game-breaking and is easily avoidable.

Further, does that mean that other bugs that were mentioned in the other thread not on the list aren't getting a fix? It seems like all the major ones are covered above, but there are a few minor things like the on-crit stun weapon durations being way out of whack which Loren Tyr suggested a fix for. It's not really a problem if they aren't fixed (I'd take it as that's how you're intending the effect to work, and wouldn't have a problem with making use of them in the game), but it might clear things up a little to know.

We will be fixing more issues throughout the Beta. Instructions for where to post your bugs/feedback will come out tomorrow.

I got your backs

- Sking

• Like 2

I do not participate in the Beta, but here are several minor things I noticed recently. Don’t know if they were reported, yet. It’s not game- or balance-breaking stuff, but maybe easy to fix:

• If both Heodan and Calisca make it into Cilant Lis, their banter is mixed up. You hear one of them talking but see the subtitles of the other.
  • Revenants do not appear in the Bestiary
  • The second apparition after waking up near the machine in Cilant Lis (woman on a stake) does not disappear properly. (It disappears eventually, but takes far too long.)
  • Sometimes the audio in dialogues is cut off in the beginning. Sadly I cannot pinpoint on what is causing this, as it seems to appear randomly. When it happens, it only affects specific characters, but stays broken until restarting the game.

Are you guys still fixing typos, missing words etc.? I fixed a bunch of that stuff myself and cannot tell every change I made, but if there is a chance it gets addressed officially, I would take another look and make a list.

On a final personal note, I’d still love a Walking Toggle. :p (I know, IE Mod does have it, but some of its other features introduce annoying bugs to the game. Come on guys, I looked at the modded .ddl - it’s only a few lines of code for this. Seems like a 5 minute thing to include with the proper tools.)

Anyhow, thanks for your continuing support of this great game. I really appreciate it.

Subscribing this thread.

EDIT: I too would like to know about GoG. Can't check from my PC before Sunday. If I can partake the beta, I will; if I can't, I'll provide what feedback I can about bugs I'd like to see fixed and how combat generally feels regardless of 3.04.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

The contest you say?

Where to send us this information:
After you felt you spend a good amount of time testing out the beta, feel free to leave your feedback in the comment section below.

Well... There is no comment section below for me in that thread. :facepalm:

Feedback: looks like not much changes, but 1.4 GB. Not a problem, but well... it can be optimized for Tyranny

Open Communication With Us: wasn't registered before and wasn't bothering forum, so don't know. I just know that I can't find much info about Tyranny. PDX has much better DD service for their products. But maybe it's too early.

Combat: don't remember the hardest (and I've not completed the game yet as 99% other games I like to play), but ghosts that can teleport from melee to mages in the back line annoys me the most. The other thing is 'picture' trouble. When there are lots of enemies, visual magic effects and so on and you try to spot your hunter's pet, summoned bugs and others. And try to understand who attack whom, what AOE affects whom and whom can. And who can move where.

Subscribing this thread.

EDIT: I too would like to know about GoG. Can't check from my PC before Sunday. If I can partake the beta, I will; if I can't, I'll provide what feedback I can about bugs I'd like to see fixed and how combat generally feels regardless of 3.04.

Yeah... Sorry buddy, GoG will not have access to the Beta. But, we still want your feedback on our fixes and what fixes you want to see in the future. We should have a discussion thread for 3.04 soon.

- Sking

• Like 2

Pity about Gog. I ended up in a bit of a self inflicted mess... I got 2 copies of the base game one for steam and one for Gog but only one copy of the expansion. I prefer the idea behind Gog so I got the expansions on Gog not Steam. But darn it that was before I realized that  Gogs patching and updating is up to &(^**%%. My fault though, next games will definitely be on Steam. Updates and beta actually work. Mildly irritating.

Edited by rheingold

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Updates through GoG Galaxy are pain free, though.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Gog Galaxy is much better I have to admit - but sometimes it tries to redownload the game - either that or their patches are massive. Not sure what the problem is, but all I know is that for all of my issues with Steam it actually just works really well.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

No just the version 3.03.

In steam --> settings i choose " beta partecipation - steam beta update"

What make me puzzled is that instead if i go in games --> pillars of eternity --> properties --> beta --> there is only " none - opt out all beta programs" selecatable, and i can't find a way to add more potions or change it

• Like 1