The US Election 2016, Part VI

Pidesco

Hard to get people to learn to trust you, live with you peacefully, and understand your worth and value when refuse to integrate with them.  Black students at uni have the right to associate with whom they please, but the school shouldn't segregate institutionally.  Race politics seem back in the US and bad as they've been in decades.

Cal State safe spaces.

Probably won't mean anything for the election, but Trump isn't the problem.  He's the symptom.  Problem is the poison in the well and people kicking off from drinking the Kool-Aid made from it.

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

It's 'born' in french. It's technically also née rather than nee but ain't nobody got time for accents nowadays. Only thing she was born as was Hillary Rodham, or perhaps [to be decided] Rodham if one believes she was really named after Edmund Hillary, conqueror of Everest, four years after she was born.

she is old.  68. two years younger than trump. old people get neck/throat wattle.  

*shrug*

old people is kinda "nasty" but only in the sense that they force us to recognize the fate which awaits all who... live.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Just hitting the news today. CNN excludes registered voters under 35 in their polling. Typical of CNN, if you don't like the story outcome... don't report it. I heard it on the radio coming into work. Looking for it on websites now. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hillary has more than a frog in her throat.

fxin7p4z7yjx.gif

That's nasty. :x

Dear lord, what is that?!

Phlegm should float, not sink like a stone.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+16%3A13&version=KJV

The memes are becoming too powerful to be contained.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think the Clinton health concerns are a real issue, and I raised it a couple years ago when it first came out that she was going to run.  Whatever you think of her politics, it is very clear that she is not the kind of person who can step back for her health.  She ran herself into the ground as Secretary of State, and it is hard to imagine she will not do the same as President.  

On the other hand, Trump's personal physician sounds like a North Korean doctor reporting on the health of the Supreme Leader.

I dunno, would it be so terrible if she just kinda sat and nodded like Vito Coleone in godfather 2 while her advisors took care of running the country. You know, like Trump would do.

Then she could have a stroke in the whitehouse garden while chasing her grandchildren and die happy. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

For what it's worth Gary Johnson is 63, has climbed the "Seven Summits", is an avid mountain biker and general fitness buff. No health problems there. Just sayin.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It's 'born' in french. It's technically also née rather than nee but ain't nobody got time for accents nowadays. Only thing she was born as was Hillary Rodham, or perhaps [to be decided] Rodham if one believes she was really named after Edmund Hillary, conqueror of Everest, four years after she was born.

yes. Well. Try to look clever and come across as a Git. This talent at least serves to amuse those in my company.

I think the Clinton health concerns are a real issue, and I raised it a couple years ago when it first came out that she was going to run.  Whatever you think of her politics, it is very clear that she is not the kind of person who can step back for her health.  She ran herself into the ground as Secretary of State, and it is hard to imagine she will not do the same as President.  

On the other hand, Trump's personal physician sounds like a North Korean doctor reporting on the health of the Supreme Leader.

am not certain why any ~70-year-old person would wanna be President.  even the spry and fit septuagenarians we know is slowing down... and taking more naps. but again, we got alternatives o' trump and clinton. 

'course we also have the case o' jfk

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,393754,00.html

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/10/06/health/the-doctor-s-world-disturbing-issue-of-kennedy-s-secret-illness.html?pagewanted=all

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/08/the-medical-ordeals-of-jfk/309469/

can go down list o' Presidents such as wilson, cleveland, and chester a. arthur, all o' whom had serious medical issues that they purposefully withheld from the public. 

am just kinda ambivalent 'bout Presidential health.  we know it is a serious issue, but we kinda take it on faith that these guys, regardless o' their desire to be Prez, also got the intelligence and sense to decide if their health would prevent them from serving for four years. am knowing that we will never know complete truth 'bout candidate health unless the candidates wanna let us know.  see those before-and-after pictures o' guys at start and end o' their Presidency-- is obviously a physical taxing job. 'course we also know that poor health don't render a person incapable o' doing great things. ambivalent.  it's an issue, but we vacillate 'bout how important it is.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

They should make the leaders play EU4 to help decide it

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What's the point of that? Pick France, win. Or fight over who gets to play the US in 1776- perhaps they could decide by playing the House Divided scenario from Victoria 2. Since Honest Abe was a Republican Trump, of course, gets to play as the north.

yes. Well. Try to look clever and come across as a Git. This talent at least serves to amuse those in my company.

Try déjà instead. Just as pretentious, easy to remember but also more accurate.

• Like 1

Can't bring myself to put too many French phrases into my already lacking English.  I'd say that Hillary Clinton's health seems like a minor issue.  Some people probably vote for her in the hopes that she keels over and Khaine takes over early in her presidency.  Worked for Mr. Camelot, I think.  Maybe not him, but LBJ.  Course that's assassination and no one in his right mind wants to see the president assassinated.

What's the point of that?

Well, to see how they go about things. Trump definitely seems like an RTS player with his latest, uh, plans about fighting ISIS.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Is it January yet? I think we've heard enough from this guy: http://thefederalist.com/2016/09/07/laos-obama-repeatedly-calls-americans-lazy/

Thomas Sowell

Defeatists sicken me.  Tired of hang dog enlightened people who pretend that wisdom means running down your own nation.

Make fun of the men who say that every election is the most important of their lifetimes.  They're better than the men who say that no election matters at all.  Even if the election doesn't matter, there's no lot for men but to act as if each does in the hopes that it may be.  Where is that stoner from previously in this thread?  Great time to talk political philosophy.  Never done the gange myself, but hear tell that I seem like I do a lot.

uh, the guy should really stop projecting. It's ok Barry, we know that your conscience is crushing down on you like the weight of a thousand suns, we know that you feel bad for sleeping those five minutes extra when your wife told you not to, we know that you feel bad for wanting to watch that NBA game instead of making sure that your daughters were doing their homework with Joey Eaglescout instead of partying with Chad Thunder****, we know that you feel bad about twindling your thumbs, but please, please stop taking it out on the rest of your citizens just because they actually get up in the morning and go to their work. It's embaressing and insulting to any grown adult to watch.

But it's alright, The God-Emperor might not forget, and he certainly will not forgive; but rest assured that he will make you cry with his blessed grin of smugness.

• Like 2

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

The God-Emperor might not forget, and he certainly will not forgive; but rest assured that he will make you cry with his blessed grin of smugness.

Thought I was over the top, mate.  This made me laugh out loud.  I should post this on social media if I could figure out how to do that.  My test?  If you wouldn't  say it to your fellows at home, don't go abroad to say it to everyone else.