The US Election 2016, Part VI

Pidesco

"Reuters camera feed less open and exlusive about Trump than the Obisidian Mod team:"

EVIL but not surprising. The media  has done a lot of udnerhganded things to help Hillary from flatout lying to spin to editing videos to make one thing seem different than it is. I mean seriously, just like Trump do his thing. If he  screws up let the people see it if he doesn't oh well. Same with Hillary. Liberals whine about the masses being uninformed and that's why they are pro Trump yet the Liberal media constantly purposefully misinforms them. LMAO

" Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa....the media is being unfair ....waaaaaaaaaaaaa  "   :biggrin:

Volo blaming the media is like getting angry at Bioware for betraying gamers because they became more inclusive 

True enough. You can't fault a compass for pointing north. The media is mostly biased towards liberals. It's just how it is.

You can find plenty of media of varying degrees of popularity and quality that slant right. You can tilt at windmills all day.

The Wall Street Journal. U.S. News and World Report. Investor's Business Daily. Fox News. NewsMax. Breitbart. WorldNetDaily. The New York Post. The Washington Times. Etc.,..

Many people nowadays tend to get their news from sources they are already pre-disposed to agree with anyway.

Check this one out, tell me what you think. I've been reading/watching for a month now. So far I haven't found a bit of bias, It's pretty straight forward & factual: http://www.oann.com/

Its not bad, it neglects certain facts like the fact the FBI found all or most of the deleted emails. We discussed this before, data recovery software works well in cases like this  :geek:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-finds-deleted-clinton-emails-112714810.html?ref=gs

That story is old and inaccurate. She used Bleachbit, which makes the data impossible to recover. Try not to use year old stories as evidence. They get stale real fast.

Edit: "The Hill" also seems fairly unbiased, although it's also a matter of which stories get coverage at all. When I read Breitbart, it's less that I like the conservative bias, it's that they cover the stories that interest me, which no one else covers.

Now this is a thing. CNN and the "big three" tend to ignore stories they'd rather not run altogether. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"Reuters camera feed less open and exlusive about Trump than the Obisidian Mod team:"

EVIL but not surprising. The media  has done a lot of udnerhganded things to help Hillary from flatout lying to spin to editing videos to make one thing seem different than it is. I mean seriously, just like Trump do his thing. If he  screws up let the people see it if he doesn't oh well. Same with Hillary. Liberals whine about the masses being uninformed and that's why they are pro Trump yet the Liberal media constantly purposefully misinforms them. LMAO

" Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa....the media is being unfair ....waaaaaaaaaaaaa  "   :biggrin:

Volo blaming the media is like getting angry at Bioware for betraying gamers because they became more inclusive 

True enough. You can't fault a compass for pointing north. The media is mostly biased towards liberals. It's just how it is.

You can find plenty of media of varying degrees of popularity and quality that slant right. You can tilt at windmills all day.

The Wall Street Journal. U.S. News and World Report. Investor's Business Daily. Fox News. NewsMax. Breitbart. WorldNetDaily. The New York Post. The Washington Times. Etc.,..

Many people nowadays tend to get their news from sources they are already pre-disposed to agree with anyway.

Check this one out, tell me what you think. I've been reading/watching for a month now. So far I haven't found a bit of bias, It's pretty straight forward & factual: http://www.oann.com/

Its not bad, it neglects certain facts like the fact the FBI found all or most of the deleted emails. We discussed this before, data recovery software works well in cases like this  :geek:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-finds-deleted-clinton-emails-112714810.html?ref=gs

That story is old and inaccurate. She used Bleachbit, which makes the data impossible to recover. Try not to use year old stories as evidence. They get stale real fast.

Edit: "The Hill" also seems fairly unbiased, although it's also a matter of which stories get coverage at all. When I read Breitbart, it's less that I like the conservative bias, it's that they cover the stories that interest me, which no one else covers.

Actually WOD I can raise many inconsistencies and hyperbole based on fact about the so called " criminal behavior " of Hilary around this email scandal. I do this for a living and many things she has been accused of aren't applicable 

So for starters can you provide links about this " Bleachbit " ? So we can have this debate about facts but I dont think the facts really matter to you in this case? This is not attack on you, I just dont think you want your opinion changed

It would  be like you telling me " Trump cares about African Americans and there economic reality " .....

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Actually WOD I can raise many inconsistencies and hyperbole based on fact about the so called " criminal behavior " of Hilary around this email scandal. I do this for a living and many things she has been accused of aren't applicable 

So for starters can you provide links about this " Bleachbit " ? So we can have this debate about facts but I dont think the facts really matter to you in this case? This is not attack on you, I just dont think you want your opinion changed

It would  be like you telling me " Trump cares about African Americans and there economic reality " .....

You can replace trump with pretty much any politician in that statement and it would be unsupportable.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You can replace trump with pretty much any politician in that statement and it would be unsupportable.

I suppose if you cynical and believe politicians lie that would be true but take your PM? Dont you think he believes in the importance of gender equality?

Also when you hear Trump suddenly now try to be nice to the Latinos and African American it just sounds fake ....I dont believe a word he says 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I suppose if you cynical and believe politicians lie that would be true but take your PM? Dont you think he believes in the importance of gender equality?

Also when you hear Trump suddenly now try to be nice to the Latinos and African American it just sounds fake ....I dont believe a word he says 

I'm just saying, Democrats have claimed to care about blacks for a long time, but none of their policies have done anything to help them.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm just saying, Democrats have claimed to care about blacks for a long time, but none of their policies have done anything to help them.

Its an interesting point you raise and something I am very aware of because of Apartheid

My experience with how black people respond or align with is not necessarily about actual tangible results. Its starts with respect, the Clintons historically are considered friends of African Americans (AA )and that matters on numerous levels 

Also there are many wealthy AA in the USA but yes some AA do live in poverty and its almost generational and hard for them to break out of it 

John Milton 

"I suppose if you cynical and believe politicians lie that would be true but take your PM? Dont you think he believes in the importance of gender equality?"

Our PM doesn't give a crap about gender equality and he most certainly does lie.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

No because I'm sure you know how to google.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

No because I'm sure you know how to google.

Thats what I thought, you dont really want to have a debate about facts

No problem, it would be wasting my time if you werent really interested 

John Milton 

"I suppose if you cynical and believe politicians lie that would be true but take your PM? Dont you think he believes in the importance of gender equality?"

Our PM doesn't give a crap about gender equality and he most certainly does lie.

Volo thats not a very nice thing to say about your PM?

John Milton 

Truth has no care about nice and indeed has no knowledge of it. or meanness. Those are human ideas that temper truth. Kind of like mercy tempers justice. I think I read that on the wall of the loo.

Yes but the Truth can also be nice, in this case Justin Trudeau comes across as not just believing in gender equality but also implementing it. Yes it may all be a facade but I believe him....so Volo's  "truth " in this case is biased and negative 

So human ideas dont necessarily need to temper truth, they can and should be aligned 

John Milton 

Not aligned, mate. Merely attendant. Truth didn't care about niceness, but it wasn't worth the time to kick it in the arse and toss it in the rubbish bin. Sometimes the truth seems nice, but it's like the weather. Might like the rain. Might think the rain is nice, but that didn't make it rain and the rain didn't care. Rainbow's brilliant, tho!

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

Not aligned, mate. Merely attendant. Truth didn't care about niceness, but it wasn't worth the time to kick it in the arse and toss it in the rubbish bin. Sometimes the truth seems nice, but it's like the weather. Might like the rain. Might think the rain is nice, but that didn't make it rain and the rain didn't care. Rainbow's brilliant, tho!

I love these forum philosophical discussions, they can be very entertaining when stoned  :thumbsup:

We all have different experiences with what we define as the truth and how our ideas align, many of my ideas are absolutely  aligned to the truth. For example I believe in gender equality because its not only the truth that a society where women are treated equally to men makes for a better society but also because its my personal view\idea that women should be equal to men

I also firmly believe the truth and its importance in many cases is real and substantive....but the weather is just the weather. No association for me to the truth ?

John Milton 

You know it would almost be worth four years of Trump just for the laughs at all the wailing and gnashing of teeth it would produce in the left. This despite the fact that aside from immigration Trump has always been left of center. 

Almost anyway...

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

With a ****-eating grin like that, prepare for endless, endless of material for Conan and any other comedian in the following years.

724201.jpg

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You know it would almost be worth four years of Trump just for the laughs at all the wailing and gnashing of teeth it would produce in the left. This despite the fact that aside from immigration Trump has always been left of center. 

Almost anyway...

Before suddenly deciding to run for the Republican nomination, Trump was a huge fan of the Clintons. There are quite a few videos online of him saying how they're awesome. Politicians and millionaires are all first and foremost on the side of money.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

You know... I remember a long time ago, growing up in north Florida. Florida had a pretty active professional wrestling circuit. A lot of big names got their start there. I was so into it. There was a two hour show that came on every Saturday morning. I never missed it. I used to mimic the moves, I read the magazines, all that. My Dad told me it was all fake, it was all a show. I never believed it. I would actually argue with him about it (as much as a thirteen year old argues with his father at lest). Finally the day came the circuit had an event scheduled at the Orange Lake Jai Ali Fronton. I was stoked. I begged my dad to take us. He did. We had great seats too, right in the front off to the side. The headline match was Barry Windham vs "Big Cowboy" Ron Bass. They were to two biggest stars of the circuit. During the under card I noticed both of them sitting together in the screened in players area so I walked over. They were talking about fishing like two old friends. Like two co-workers. When their match came up they did their thing with all the theatrics and I knew my Dad was, as he usually was, right. The whole thing was BS. It's just a show. 

I told you that story to tell you this one. As most of you know I got into politics when I got out of the military. It was entirely by accident. Right place at the right time. I ended up being an adviser on veteran affairs to Don "Big Daddy" Garlits during his run for Congress. My only qualification for that was that I had in fact served in the military. The previous guy (who was now the policy adviser) hadn't even done that. One of Mr. Garlits pet projects was his Drag Racing hall of fame and museum in Ocala. After he lost a contentious race with the democrat opponent (a lot of name calling etc, questioning patriotism, the usual) she goes to DC and gets him a grant for an expansion of the museum and he pays her campaign debt. 

Every election is made to sound like the most important one ever. The donkeys are good and the elephants want to poison the air and kill school children. The donkeys are communists and want to take your freedom away. It sounds a lot like professional wrestling doesn't it? Because it IS a lot like it. It's all BS. It's a show. No matter who wins the outcome, if different at all, will only be different by degree. It's not for nothing I call them all Republicrats and Dempublicans. They are far less rivals than two haves of a peanut in the same shell. 

The only way to stop this cycle is to break it. Elect a third party or independents to Congress, or the Presidency. Now more than ever a third party vote is not wasted. It's the only productive vote there is. 

Because the show will go on:

safe-home-golf-torre.jpg

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

Thomas Sowell

You know... I remember a long time ago, growing up in north Florida. Florida had a pretty active professional wrestling circuit. A lot of big names got their start there. I was so into it. There was a two hour show that came on every Saturday morning. I never missed it. I used to mimic the moves, I read the magazines, all that. My Dad told me it was all fake, it was all a show. I never believed it. I would actually argue with him about it (as much as a thirteen year old argues with his father at lest). Finally the day came the circuit had an event scheduled at the Orange Lake Jai Ali Fronton. I was stoked. I begged my dad to take us. He did. We had great seats too, right in the front off to the side. The headline match was Barry Windham vs "Big Cowboy" Ron Bass. They were to two biggest stars of the circuit. During the under card I noticed both of them sitting together in the screened in players area so I walked over. They were talking about fishing like two old friends. Like two co-workers. When their match came up they did their thing with all the theatrics and I knew my Dad was, as he usually was, right. The whole thing was BS. It's just a show. 

I told you that story to tell you this one. As most of you know I got into politics when I got out of the military. It was entirely by accident. Right place at the right time. I ended up being an adviser on veteran affairs to Don "Big Daddy" Garlits during his run for Congress. My only qualification for that was that I had in fact served in the military. The previous guy (who was now the policy adviser) hadn't even done that. One of Mr. Garlits pet projects was his Drag Racing hall of fame and museum in Ocala. After he lost a contentious race with the democrat opponent (a lot of name calling etc, questioning patriotism, the usual) she goes to DC and gets him a grant for an expansion of the museum and he pays her campaign debt. 

Every election is made to sound like the most important one ever. The donkeys are good and the elephants want to poison the air and kill school children. The donkeys are communists and want to take your freedom away. It sounds a lot like professional wrestling doesn't it? Because it IS a lot like it. It's all BS. It's a show. No matter who wins the outcome, if different at all, will only be different by degree. It's not for nothing I call them all Republicrats and Dempublicans. They are far less rivals than two haves of a peanut in the same shell. 

The only way to stop this cycle is to break it. Elect a third party or independents to Congress, or the Presidency. Now more than ever a third party vote is not wasted. It's the only productive vote there is. 

Because the show will go on:

This is an excellent example of an interesting anecdotal story that I always find interesting  :thumbsup:

You are very good at making posts that are  detailed but captivating, Gromnir also has that talent 

John Milton 

"Yes but the Truth can also be nice, in this case Justin Trudeau comes across as not just believing in gender equality but also implementing it."

No, he hasn't.

" Yes it may all be a facade but I believe him....so Volo's  "truth " in this case is biased and negative "

You believe in Trudeau because you are a sucker and you believe in false platitudes. But, hey, Trudeau is a guy who is supposedly anti violence but when people don't give him what he wants he gets physical. He's liked about taxes, equality, and pretty much everything else. He oooooooooooooooooooooooozes fakedom.

"Yes but the Truth can also be nice, in this case Justin Trudeau comes across as not just believing in gender equality but also implementing it."

No, he hasn't.

" Yes it may all be a facade but I believe him....so Volo's  "truth " in this case is biased and negative "

You believe in Trudeau because you are a sucker and you believe in false platitudes. But, hey, Trudeau is a guy who is supposedly anti violence but when people don't give him what he wants he gets physical. He's liked about taxes, equality, and pretty much everything else. He oooooooooooooooooooooooozes fakedom.

I am going to assume you being serious, you have all these issues with Trudeau and its irrational and illogical 

No one who wants to have a serious debate about his character would accuse him of what you saying...so since I assume you being serious this is not about him at all but rather the fact you resent what he claims he stands for. But volo he does take gender equality seriously, many people do like me. You have to get over this unnecessary insecurity about what gender equality means ....its not about the marginalization of men. No women who believes in feminism  wants to be better than men, well some do like radical feminists but they don't count 

So you mustn't feel insecure every time I bring it up ....now maybe you dont think this at all but unless you  can produce links about Trudeau faults that you mentioned this is exactly what I think you actually feel ?

John Milton 

"No women who believes in feminism  wants to be better than men, well some do like radical feminists but they don't count"

Did you, a s aman, just just tell a bunch of women they don't count? that they don't matter? that they are useless garabge? Wow. Talk about sexism.

NEWSFLASH you sexist pig: ALL. WOMEN. MATTER. EVEN. IF. THEY. HAVE. A DIFFERENT. OPINION. THAN. YOU.

Trudeau definitely lies, but i do think he is genuine about social justice issues. He cares so much about gender equality he had to make up new ministries so he could have equal representation in cabinet.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg