The US Election 2016, Part VI

Pidesco

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Apparently there's an USB device somewhere with all the archives.

They find it on Jimmy Hoffa.

Interesting read, tho I don't think the real story will ever be told and if it is it'll be mixed up with all the other stories.

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

Yes, which is why sullying it with the glorified prostitution of politics seems off

Gotta reach out where you can find people. Probably has fewer crazies assailing him at a church than a university campus. Trump makes even a modest dent in the black vote, Hillary's life a lot harder. Might offset the Hispanic vote. Having Trump use Christian language to reach to voters is rich, tho. God has a sense of humour, we should too.

Reuters camera feed less open and exlusive about Trump than the Obisidian Mod team:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/09/03/hot-mic-reuters-intentionally-cuts-camera-feed-during-positive-bishop-jackson-remarks-to-trump-in-detroit/

"SHUT IT DOWN!"

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

For the first time since 1980 a major US newspaper has endorsed a Libertarian for President: http://www.richmond.com/opinion/our-opinion/article_b79cc2b6-8ed5-532c-92eb-4a37e779c433.html

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"Reuters camera feed less open and exlusive about Trump than the Obisidian Mod team:"

EVIL but not surprising. The media  has done a lot of udnerhganded things to help Hillary from flatout lying to spin to editing videos to make one thing seem different than it is. I mean seriously, just like Trump do his thing. If he  screws up let the people see it if he doesn't oh well. Same with Hillary. Liberals whine about the masses being uninformed and that's why they are pro Trump yet the Liberal media constantly purposefully misinforms them. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Reuters camera feed less open and exlusive about Trump than the Obisidian Mod team:"

EVIL but not surprising. The media  has done a lot of udnerhganded things to help Hillary from flatout lying to spin to editing videos to make one thing seem different than it is. I mean seriously, just like Trump do his thing. If he  screws up let the people see it if he doesn't oh well. Same with Hillary. Liberals whine about the masses being uninformed and that's why they are pro Trump yet the Liberal media constantly purposefully misinforms them. LMAO

" Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa....the media is being unfair ....waaaaaaaaaaaaa  "   :biggrin:

Volo blaming the media is like getting angry at Bioware for betraying gamers because they became more inclusive 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

" Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa....the media is being unfair ....waaaaaaaaaaaaa  "   :biggrin:

Volo blaming the media is like getting angry at Bioware for betraying gamers because they became more inclusive 

True enough. You can't fault a compass for pointing north. The media is mostly biased towards liberals. It's just how it is.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Don't matter. Conservatives (in any country) can't deal with a belligerent media, then they'll lose. I prefer my media openly biased. Makes it easier to tell where the man stands when he tells you. Jorge Ramos gets put down for coming out against Trump, but at least you know he's against Trump. Same with Hannity, if you can bear listening to him. The man is what he is, a partisan conservative. Beats some tosser who puts on the air of being fair but is actually taking a side. Viewers think the media is liberal. They're right, but it's irrelevant. Any politician who carries on about it is disqualified and not worth listening to.

True enough. You can't fault a compass for pointing north. The media is mostly biased towards liberals. It's just how it is.

You can find plenty of media of varying degrees of popularity and quality that slant right. You can tilt at windmills all day.

The Wall Street Journal. U.S. News and World Report. Investor's Business Daily. Fox News. NewsMax. Breitbart. WorldNetDaily. The New York Post. The Washington Times. Etc.,..

Many people nowadays tend to get their news from sources they are already pre-disposed to agree with anyway.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

You can find plenty of media of varying degrees of popularity and quality that slant right. You can tilt at windmills all day.

The Wall Street Journal. U.S. News and World Report. Investor's Business Daily. Fox News. NewsMax. Breitbart. WorldNetDaily. The New York Post. The Washington Times. Etc.,..

Many people nowadays tend to get their news from sources they are already pre-disposed to agree with anyway.

Check this one out, tell me what you think. I've been reading/watching for a month now. So far I haven't found a bit of bias, It's pretty straight forward & factual: http://www.oann.com/

Thomas Sowell

Many people do whatever, but around here most people don't look to care about the news much at all. For big events everyone'll have an opinion. Elsetimes not. Most people I know see stories on facebook and watch cat videos or maybe talk about human interest. they don't care about what's going on in the world. Interesting to chinwag here because of the political discussions unavailable elsewhere but apathy, not partisanship, is the real evil in the world today. Edited by quidproquo

I didn't say that... Leferd did

Thomas Sowell

Check this one out, tell me what you think. I've been reading/watching for a month now. So far I haven't found a bit of bias, It's pretty straight forward & factual: http://www.oann.com/

Its not bad, it neglects certain facts like the fact the FBI found all or most of the deleted emails. We discussed this before, data recovery software works well in cases like this  :geek:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-finds-deleted-clinton-emails-112714810.html?ref=gs

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What I'm liking about it is that the news stories make no suppositions or draw no conclusions from the stories. The tone of delivery seems pretty matter-or-fact. Bias is usually found in the choice of words that give the story a tone or in a summary sentence or two that paint the facts of the article a certain way. And in the headline. That has been conspicuously absent from OANN so far as I've noticed. 

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Many people do whatever, but around here most people don't look to care about the news much at all. For big events everyone'll have an opinion. Elsetimes not. Most people I know see stories on facebook and watch cat videos or maybe talk about human interest. they don't care about what's going on in the world. Interesting to chinwag here because of the political discussions unavailable elsewhere but apathy, not partisanship, is the real evil in the world today.

:lol:  " using facebook as a source of news "  

You might as well say the Obsidian forums are where you get your information from  :teehee:

But I have learnt loads from anecdotal stories from members on these forums but this is  more about actual citizens views on the social dynamics in there countries and how they view what this means. Its not necessarily factual but relevant nonetheless as its part of understanding why people have certain views  

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Its not bad, it neglects certain facts like the fact the FBI found all or most of the deleted emails. We discussed this before, data recovery software works well in cases like this  :geek:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-finds-deleted-clinton-emails-112714810.html?ref=gs

That story is old and inaccurate. She used Bleachbit, which makes the data impossible to recover. Try not to use year old stories as evidence. They get stale real fast.

Edit: "The Hill" also seems fairly unbiased, although it's also a matter of which stories get coverage at all. When I read Breitbart, it's less that I like the conservative bias, it's that they cover the stories that interest me, which no one else covers.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan