Music. Must. Go on!

Gorth

Stirling is awesome.

Yes, she is a goddess! :D

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb4pE4eIs4c

Lyrics;

Maria walks down the road, leading to the village,
She sings and laughs at the larks in the sky.
She's on her way to the marketplace to sell some bread,
And the sun is rising, warm and big, and colours the sky red.

Then she meets a nobleman on a horse with a bushy mane.
He say's: I'm the king's man so I take what I want
And you are far too beautiful not to have a man,
Come with me into the woods and I'll show you what I can!

She's forced down in the grass and he touches her body.
She writhes and asks him for the love of god to stop
But the knight just laughs, intoxicated by his own desire.
So she grabs his knife and gives it a push and the knight is dead.

They imprisoned Maria, and she was stoned to death for manslaughter*
But the memory of the knight was celebrated each year.
Yes, the noblemen become heroes but the commoners get condemned
And we who see how it all really is learn that we've been dreaming!

*Anyone that could suggest a more fitting English word for killing a man?

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

*Anyone that could suggest a more fitting English word for killing a man?

I guess, "manslaughter" is the most fitting ("The crime of killing a human being without malice aforethought"), but "murder" would do.

---

"Fading Light" by Aviators

• Like 1

21 years later still arguably the single most awesome piece of video game music ever:

Pure. Distilled. Adrenaline.  I love how halfway through it changes from Metal to Industrial and yet keeps the spirit and remains just as awesome.

Edit: The Red Alert series had some freakin' amazing music.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

This song is clearly for Ben no3 :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

edit: removed video to reduce clutter

This song is clearly for Ben no3 :)

for ben?

hmmm.

now if only we could find such performed by teletubbies or chipmunks, it would be spot-on ben anthem.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)