Music. Must. Go on!

Gorth

recalling the previous reggae stuff, am gonna submit our favorite "reggae" tune... seeing as how it ain't reggae, and not really boogie either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=46&v=t6B7HjiLD0E

the synth bass from reggae woman, which is kinda kewl, necessitated the inclusion o' james jamerson bass.

HA! Good Fun! 

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I was just reminiscing about this concert, which I attended a few years back. It was, uh... Interesting. :)

Well, the instrument arrangements look neat. Would be great if they played something with it.

I think I will just stick to Les Luthiers for hispanic bands that make their own instruments and joke around. At least they play actual tunes and are funny.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I was just reminiscing about this concert, which I attended a few years back. It was, uh... Interesting. :)

Well, the instrument arrangements look neat. Would be great if they played something with it.

I think I will just stick to Les Luthiers for hispanic bands that make their own instruments and joke around. At least they play actual tunes and are funny.

Les Luthiers are great, had a chance to see them live a few times and even ran across them once or twice. Obviously, it's a very different matter: one is a (great) musical comedy group, the other is one of the most acclaimed modern classical composers of the second half of the 20th century (John Cage himself deemed him the best). Mind that I am not entirely in disagreement either: I think that out of the 80-minute piece I must have enjoyed about 15 minutes of it because it's where I felt the due actually arrived at something of a dialogue instead of scattershot sounds (I'd say the last minute of the above clip is damn good for example). But yeah, a bit too much filler for the good bits.

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

feels like it were only yesterday when marsalis and hornsby played at the cal ripken 2131 game. 1995.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I adore Eels, was just listening to Daisies of the Galaxy the other day in the car. It's one of those albums I listen to both when I'm in a good and bad mood. Always seems to lift me or comfort me.

• Like 1

am a bob fosse fan.  hard to imagine michael jackson or david bowie sans the fosse influence, eh?

anywho, two favorite numbers from sweet charity

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken