Music. Must. Go on!

Gorth

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Well time for some very old Swedish music and while I am born in Finland my mother tongue is Swedish.

They sing about Werewolves or rather a young adult woman meeting at least one Werewolf. The horrifying type of Werewolf and not your sweet home dog.

Varulven = The Werewolf, is the song name.

Edited by Terminator

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Been listening to Deathspell Omega's new EP, <<The Synarchy of Molten Bones>> and a portion of the lyrics of the title track struck me:

The Synarchy of Molten Bones shall consist
of Men of worth and Men of ill intent
in abandoned yet equal numbers,
for their insurgent wills harbor
the seed of transgression alike.

This seed shall bloom with noxious flowers,
borne out of the mordant steel of scythes.
Justice will die first,
to the hammering sound of tears watering the Earth,

as aught hope remains to reverse course.

Are they talking about a synarchy of Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin? Though I suspect whatever Putin's net worth is it far exceeds that of Trump. 

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

a talking heads album might not be most obvious place to find the funk, but we like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7kL1j_3C0o

our second favorite talking heads song behind psycho killer.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

a talking heads album might not be most obvious place to find the funk, but we like it.

our second favorite talking heads song behind psycho killer.

HA! Good Fun!

Remain in Light in its whole is pretty funky too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k96zk09uyjU

And live even better!

Edited by algroth
  • Like 3

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Snip

It skips a fast paced portion to keep up with the gimmick.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Well, it's summertime so;

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Well perhaps not best or most cool (subjective taste) of K-pop, but certainly among the sexiest music of K-POP.  An exception really. USA is way to unsexy in computer games compare to say European Witcher 3 or South Korea MMO:s. That said usually in sexiness Western music can be more daring. However Hyuna I do consider has made the most sexy K-pop songs!

Edited by Terminator

So my long (few dozen) lucky running streak of no rain during outdoor shows I attend was broken last night. Early-mid song the skies opened up, first a few sprinkles but soon a steady pour, coupled with a prominent rainbow across the heavens. Not long into the next song (Dire Wolf) the rain ended, never to return for the rest of the evening, replaced by a series of rainbows, puffy clouds, blues skies, then stars....

https://youtu.be/uT9DH7NU3U4

I must say, I do not think my luck has run out!

The second set of this show was killer. John Mayer owns it.

If you're even a little bit a Head: See these guys if you can while you can. You'll be thankful you did!

Edited by Valsuelm

inspired by trump's golf cart shenanigans.

hadn't thought 'bout it before, but trump is clear channeling don johnson's character from tin cup.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Because not only Sabaton can do cheesy metal songs about historical events

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra