The US Election 2016, Part V

Pidesco

I'm sorry but every country has a Texas. In Canada, it's Quebec. In Germany, it's Bavaria. Every country has "that state" that's convinced their **** don't stink and threatens secession every ~5 years or so and nothing ever comes of it. It's little more than a self ego wank those states need for attention and a feeling of importance, most of the time. Quebec does it cause hot damn truly French Canada is best Canada, Bavaria does it because they think having the (second) best GDP means they're better off without everyone else, and Texas does it because a bunch of drunkards defended the Alamo once upon a time and obviously that means that Texas must always act tough and independent and like they're clearly all as badass as those 12 or so exceptional dudes that ****ing died.

Source: Had family in Texas, visited multiple times for extended durations. Lived next door in Oklahoma and had to live through countless dumb****s that moved there introducing themselves as "HI Y'ALL I'M FRUM TEHCKSAS" as they raise their belt buckle real high like you're supposed to be jealous or something, then after a second or two it occurs to them they have a name and perhaps that's more important to mention instead of namedropping Texas. Seriously Texas gtf over yourselves, I as a half-German dual citizen should not be learning what Fremdschämen is thanks to interacting with Texas rather than Germany.

Edited by Longknife
  • Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Ah they come by it honestly. Most of those areas you mentioned actually were countries on their own once.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Trump campaign doubles down and hires the Executive Chairmam of Breitbart to be the new Campaign CEO. Everyone's favorite Dictator Whisperer - Paul Manafort receives demotion.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-faces-at-top-of-trump-campaign-again/

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Ah they come by it honestly. Most of those areas you mentioned actually were countries on their own once.

I'm aware, but I still find the constant "WE'RE GONNA SECEDE" thing pathetic, because often times people are referencing a history so old it pre-dates any of their own living relatives. Dude when my mom traced my Scottish heritage we were told the earliest records of our family name involve some massive **** that'd lead his family in a charge down some hill to kill their neighbors for sport (Grandma is bonus points?), and on my German side, my grandfather was a Nazi lol. Like legit he could've shot or fought my American grandfather if I were a little less lucky. Doesn't mean I need to be an axe murderer or a Nazi now, so why does EVERY country have "that state" that insists that because they were independent ages ago, it should happen again? Calm it down and realize the benefits of the country you're now a part of. Ironically "that state" in the UK, AKA Scotland, is the only one with a case to be made now since they actually didn't want to secede from the EU and their secession would more or less be an attempt to return to another state they're being forced to secede from.

There's just sooooooo many factors that go into a secession and as we can see via the UK, they're often not pretty, initially. Places such as Texas and Quebec in particular are simply not built to be self-sufficient and would immediately suffer from losses in trade if they were to actually secede.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/black-voters-trump_us_57a4a2a1e4b021fd98784a42

Trump is polling at 1% for African American voters ...he is doing better than I thought to be honest :biggrin:

Yeah, my black friends I talked to when this first started happening was that he's racist and being racist automatically means he has something against black people. Even though, I couldn't ever get an example of it.
Blacks/women/Muslims/disabled/vets, etc.,...: http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/27/politics/donald-trump-insults-groups-list/

Latinos: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_55e483a1e4b0c818f618904b

Mexicans: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/07/08/donald-trumps-false-comments-connecting-mexican-immigrants-and-crime/

Jews: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/back-donald-trumps-tumultuous-relationship-jewish-voters/story?id=37811413

Judges: http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/31/opinions/trump-attack-on-judge-opinion-obeidallah/

Catholics: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/18/donald-trump-pope-francis-christian-wall-mexico-border

Not counting Gold Star parents of Pakistani origins.

Tyvm. I've known the instances with others, but that I didn't know about the blacks. The only thing that ever came up was that BLM wasn't well received at his rally's (which for the most part bc of how they go about doing things is explanatory).

I do think that's a very bad example to hold up though as to explain why black people would think he's against them. Ty though.

So it's Hillary. Relieved and dissapointed at the same time. 

In a normal year she would be the biggest piece of s--t to ever seek the Presidency. This year she is arguably not even the biggest piece of s--t in this election.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Trump campaign doubles down and hires the Executive Chairmam of Breitbart to be the new Campaign CEO. Everyone's favorite Dictator Whisperer - Paul Manafort receives demotion.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-faces-at-top-of-trump-campaign-again/

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/after-campaign-shake-it-s-trump-versus-world-n633046

Wonder if Katy Tur/NBC News is going to join the Washington Post and the NY Times in Trump's banned media blacklist.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

They are not banning guns.   :banghead:

If Hilzilla wins, Second Amendment is gone, that is not even debatable. She also wants to make gun manufacturers liable for any deaths caused by their guns, that will put them all out of business. A complete ban will come later.

I hope you like martial law in Texas because that's how you get martial law in Texas. :shrugz:

Funny, there's no martial law in Quebec, Scotland or Catalonia.

I'm sorry but every country has a Texas. In Canada, it's Quebec. In Germany, it's Bavaria. Every country has "that state" that's convinced their **** don't stink and threatens secession every ~5 years or so and nothing ever comes of it. It's little more than a self ego wank those states need for attention and a feeling of importance, most of the time. Quebec does it cause hot damn truly French Canada is best Canada, Bavaria does it because they think having the (second) best GDP means they're better off without everyone else, and Texas does it because a bunch of drunkards defended the Alamo once upon a time and obviously that means that Texas must always act tough and independent and like they're clearly all as badass as those 12 or so exceptional dudes that ****ing died.

Source: Had family in Texas, visited multiple times for extended durations. Lived next door in Oklahoma and had to live through countless dumb****s that moved there introducing themselves as "HI Y'ALL I'M FRUM TEHCKSAS" as they raise their belt buckle real high like you're supposed to be jealous or something, then after a second or two it occurs to them they have a name and perhaps that's more important to mention instead of namedropping Texas. Seriously Texas gtf over yourselves, I as a half-German dual citizen should not be learning what Fremdschämen is thanks to interacting with Texas rather than Germany.

We joined under false premises. We were promised a limited and Constitutional federal government.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

texas need to pull its own weight before it can complain 'bout the fed.  near 15% of the texan population is benefiting from SNAP, and texas also receives more fed dollars than its citizens contribute... make it one o' the many dependent states.  there is 14 states that get back less than $1 in fed benefits for every $1 o' citizen contribution.  texas in Not one o' the 14. texas is ranked 32 outta 50. 

until texas steps up, they might wanna shut up.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

6Hp7P6w.gif

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Wouldn't all she have to do is appoint a new supreme justice and it's basically gone since they won't be deadlocked on the issues anymore in the anti-gun favor?

The same Attorny General who very blatantly showed her support for Hillary to not be charged and/or demoted due to the email scandal, wasn't she offered a seat on the Supreme Court?

The supreme court doesn't make amendments to the constitution. They get to set legal precedent, not much leeway there to ban guns.  The 2cond amendment people are just generally paranoid about baby steps leading towards increased gun control. Which is not the same at all as banning guns. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Donald Trump's campaign has imploded.   The media has turned on him, (as they should and should have done so earlier,) and he seems to be digging himself deeper and deeper into a hole.  Unless something drastic happened at the presidential debates or between now and November, I  am fairly certain Hillary Clinton will be our President Elect in November.

Edited by ktchong

texas need to pull its own weight before it can complain 'bout the fed.  near 15% of the texan population is benefiting from SNAP, and texas also receives more fed dollars than its citizens contribute... make it one o' the many dependent states.  there is 14 states that get back less than $1 in fed benefits for every $1 o' citizen contribution.  texas in Not one o' the 14. texas is ranked 32 outta 50. 

HA! Good Fun!

We'll pull our own weight when the feds quit flooding us with illegals. SNAP recipients are created by Federal policies, not Texas policies. Besides, if we're costing US money, US should be happy to let us leave, no?

The supreme court doesn't make amendments to the constitution. They get to set legal precedent, not much leeway there to ban guns.  The 2cond amendment people are just generally paranoid about baby steps leading towards increased gun control. Which is not the same at all as banning guns.

You have no idea how this works at all.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

HA! Good Fun!

We'll pull our own weight when the feds quit flooding us with illegals. 

"It's the fault of dem durty immigrants!"

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

illegals don't get SNAP.  'cause, y'know, they is illegal. *chuckle* california gots loads o illegal immigrants-- 2x more total in point o' fact, but CA taxpayers get less than $1 o' fed benefits per $1 o' tax payer contribution.  oh, and is not the fed that put texas on the boarder with mexico.  you think becoming independent would stop illegal immigration?  HA! sure, many illegals would leave texas if it weren't US, but to get to real US, you would still get illegal immigrants in texas.  maybe look at a map?

is texas policies that is causing texas poverty, and decades o' bad texas private business. wod may wanna leave, but the actual folks in power in texas know what an utter disaster that would be.  can't even pull own weight with influx o' excess fed dollars and you think going it alone would improve the situation?  add a new pauper nation on US southern boarder?  gosh, why wouldn't the USA want that?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

So if Texas secedes does that mean I'd be an illegal immigrant if I hopped the border or is there a grace period where everyone who wants to can move?

If the former is there anyone who has a couch I can sleep on?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

illegals don't get SNAP.  'cause, y'know, they is illegal. *chuckle* california gots loads o illegal immigrants-- 2x more total in point o' fact, but CA taxpayers get less than $1 o' fed benefits per $1 o' tax payer contribution.  oh, and is not the fed that put texas on the boarder with mexico.  you think becoming independent would stop illegal immigration?  HA! sure, many illegals would leave texas if it weren't US, but to get to real US, you would still get illegal immigrants in texas.  maybe look at a map?

is texas policies that is causing texas poverty, and decades o' bad texas private business. wod may wanna leave, but the actual folks in power in texas know what an utter disaster that would be.  can't even pull own weight with influx o' excess fed dollars and you think going it alone would improve the situation?  add a new pauper nation on US southern boarder?  gosh, why wouldn't the USA want that?

HA! Good Fun!

Not so sure they don't get SNAP. Apparently there isn't much checking. But even if they don't, their children born on US soil are eligible, so the underclass keeps growing. California has 4 times as many poor people as any other state, but it also has more rich people than any other state. Texas could certainly secure itself against illegal immigration, where there's a will there's a way. We wouldn't be a pauper nation, without the federal government pulling us back, we'd be the most prosperous, freest nation in the world. The last I checked, there are a lot more people moving from California to Texas than the other way around, and it certainly isn't for the climate.

Edit: "California is the nation’s welfare queen: The state accounts for one-third of America’s welfare recipients, though it only contains one-eighth of the population, and there’s no good reason for it."

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/302148/california-americas-welfare-queen-nash-keune

Edited by Wrath of Dagon