The US Election 2016, Part V

Pidesco

In 10 years the American flag will be considered racist, possibly sooner.

WOD this whole issue people have with changes to flags is really unnecessary, if you can be honest about the reality of the 2016

Lets be honest most people think a  flag symbolically  represents the nation, they place real  value in it and think changes to it should only seen as negative. But what about changes to a  flag to make it inclusive ?

So changing the USA flag positive way would you support that?

Like this?

obama_american_flag_350-300x171.jpg

:lol:

Actually if Puerto Rico ever votes to become a state we will get a new flag. Unless we kick one of the others out first. You know California has been a real pill to put up with lately.

It would be pretty lulzy to kick out California only to keep Texas. :)

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

You see you are responding in  a way where you think the USA is defined by the flag but please forget the flag for  a moment 

Here is  an interesting question, what defines the USA for you? What matters to you ...what would  be  unacceptable as a social change

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

I would add "rule of law" to that. If you want a longer answer, read "Tales of the South Pacific" by James Michener. Unfortunately we've already lost most of that, fools never realize what they have until it's gone.

• Like 2

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

You see you are responding in  a way where you think the USA is defined by the flag but please forget the flag for  a moment 

Here is  an interesting question, what defines the USA for you? What matters to you ...what would  be  unacceptable as a social change

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

I would add "rule of law" to that. If you want a longer answer, read "Tales of the South Pacific" by James Michener. Unfortunately we've already lost most of that, fools never realize what they have until it's gone.

You the first person who responded with a real answer about your views  :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This Miwaukee nonsense is just more evidence that BLM is a rwacist anti white organization. Black guy gets killed by police, the Miwaukeeans start rioting and screaming about evil whitey, enriching them, murdering themn, and destroying, and whining about white police brutality..... yet it was a black cop who shot him.... LOGICZ.

But, expecting logic from hateful racists is not logical. Anyone who supports  BLM is racist, ignorant, or flat out stupid.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You see you are responding in  a way where you think the USA is defined by the flag but please forget the flag for  a moment   Here is  an interesting question, what defines the USA for you? What matters to you ...what would  be  unacceptable as a social change

I find it amusing, and a little ironic, that you define the US by something that, while important from a historical standpoint, isn't nearly as vital to making the US the US as, say, the Constitution (and not only because that, unlike the Deceleration, is something that still has an impact on the country and the laws since it's an actual legal document and the foundation that everything else is blog upon).

Personally if I had to choose one thing to enshrine it would be the First Amendment:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

This Miwaukee nonsense is just more evidence that BLM is a rwacist anti white organization. Black guy gets killed by police, the Miwaukeeans start rioting and screaming about evil whitey, enriching them, murdering themn, and destroying, and whining about white police brutality..... yet it was a black cop who shot him.... LOGICZ.

But, expecting logic from hateful racists is not logical. Anyone who supports  BLM is racist, ignorant, or flat out stupid.

They're looting and polluting; which is not the way. They need to hear what Captain Planet has to say.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

You see you are responding in  a way where you think the USA is defined by the flag but please forget the flag for  a moment   Here is  an interesting question, what defines the USA for you? What matters to you ...what would  be  unacceptable as a social change

I find it amusing, and a little ironic, that you define the US by something that, while important from a historical standpoint, isn't nearly as vital to making the US the US as, say, the Constitution (and not only because that, unlike the Deceleration, is something that still has an impact on the country and the laws since it's an actual legal document and the foundation that everything else is blog upon).

Personally if I had to choose one thing to enshrine it would be the First Amendment:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The Constitution sets up the structure of the government, the legal system, and enumerates certain specific rights. The Declaration is what says what America is all about, or used to be about.

Edit: Third party candidates have little chance to be in debates: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/presidential-debate-stage-gary-johnson-jill-stein-libertarian-green-party-polls-requirements-criteria

The decision will be made in mid-September though, so still a month to go.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/black-voters-trump_us_57a4a2a1e4b021fd98784a42

Trump is polling at 1% for African American voters ...he is doing better than I thought to be honest  :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/black-voters-trump_us_57a4a2a1e4b021fd98784a42

Trump is polling at 1% for African American voters ...he is doing better than I thought to be honest :biggrin:

Yeah, my black friends I talked to when this first started happening was that he's racist and being racist automatically means he has something against black people. Even though, I couldn't ever get an example of it.

They're looting and polluting; which is not the way. They need to hear what Captain Planet has to say.

Captain Planet 2016

At least we know he'd actually do something about climate change instead of just putting it off.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

But, expecting logic from hateful racists is not logical. Anyone who supports BLM is racist, ignorant, or flat out stupid.

Captain Planet 2016

At least we know he'd actually do something about climate change instead of just putting it off.

Trump is polling at 1% for African American voters ...he is doing better than I thought to be honest :biggrin:

Yeah, my black friends I talked to when this first started happening was that he's racist and being racist automatically means he has something against black people. Even though, I couldn't ever get an example of it.

Co50GzFXEAA7vB2.jpg

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'll grab some popcorn and wait for the entertainment industry to get up to speed... there is bound to be made movies about this election. From comedy over drama to horror.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I really hope you guys in US wake up and vote Garry, whole word would be grateful

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Even Hillary's own people can't bring themselves to say she is honest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Libx8UvOrs

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Even Hillary's own people can't bring themselves to say she is honest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Libx8UvOrs

I watched this but after the interview she did clarify she did think Hilary is honest 

John Milton 

I watched this but after the interview she did clarify she did think Hilary is honest 

Her campaign did, not her. BIG difference.

Thomas Sowell

They are not banning guns.   :banghead:

EVERYONE PANIC, THEY'RE BANNING GUNS.

• Like 5

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Blacks/women/Muslims/disabled/vets, etc.,...: http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/27/politics/donald-trump-insults-groups-list/

Latinos: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_55e483a1e4b0c818f618904b

Mexicans: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/07/08/donald-trumps-false-comments-connecting-mexican-immigrants-and-crime/

Jews: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/back-donald-trumps-tumultuous-relationship-jewish-voters/story?id=37811413

Judges: http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/31/opinions/trump-attack-on-judge-opinion-obeidallah/

Catholics: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/18/donald-trump-pope-francis-christian-wall-mexico-border

Not counting Gold Star parents of Pakistani origins.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I hope you like martial law in Texas because that's how you get martial law in Texas. :shrugz:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot