Things are not nice in Nice

Meshugger

The guy was 31yo born in Tunis, so yeah, not exactly home grown.

We can argue about various semantics. Technically should we consider Americans as Brits, because they were a part of British empire?

Vast majority of Americans are descendants of illegal immigrants, I wonder how many of Americans could date their family tree back to the 13 colonies and declaration if independence era?

These illegal immigrants often with their "god" in their shouts and cries butchered Natives. Sure, probably a vast majority of colonists were peaceful, but they did not really opposed extermination of natives, did they?

EU has a bit better situation, because in this case we are the more advanced side in the arms race, but even that might not be enough as the example of Roman empire proven.

It's not really doomsaying, I just wonder why would you think that humans changed that much within 1-2 generations if they have been shaped into "we" and "them" through 40+ thousands of years (at least). I would even dare to say that this type of perception is coded in our DNA although this is just a long shot, as there is no proof of psychology and behaviors with DNA connection

• Like 1

Vast majority of Americans are descendants of illegal immigrants, I wonder how many of Americans could date their family tree back to the 13 colonies and declaration if independence era?

what?

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Can we get back to the victim blaming? I'm fascinated that these people brought this on themselves because someone else was poor or on the receiving end of fearful looks (which has a certain delicious irony to it). OF COURSE the only response to poverty is mass killing. Totally nothing to do with the religion. Nothing at all.

Gfted1...I detect the hint of sarcasm in your tone  :teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

what?

the USA was created on the independence day through proclamation of the rights written in the constitution and separation from the British crown. By that the real Americans would be the ones who can trace back their family tree back to that date. There was not really much of "immigration office" back then and for a long period of time. There was no "legal" process from immigrants coming from across the pond for a long period of time, hence, technically all that came during that period were illegal immigrants, which later received citizenship rights from the US government (or in some instances that would pop up during the local census), but there was no border screening in the modern sense.

that makes no sense. initially the US had no restrictions on immigration. in the absence o' laws prohibiting, an action doesn't sudden become illegal.  regardless, most immigration woulda' taken place during the post civil war years, by which time individual states had already created their own immigration laws, and the fed were becoming more involved in immigration as well.  even so, the rate o' illegal immigration into the US has always been relative low... in part 'cause it has always been relative easy to immigrate to the US.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Aside from all the historical details missing, that.... doesn't make them illegal immigrants. 

Edit: See Gromnir, Above.

No the demographic changes are a fact. The more bizarre variations are a conspiracy theory. Which is why I strategically said "may" and expressed the frustration about how people fear even speaking about such.

And I still stand by what I said. Because plenty of so called "progressives" wont even dispute such conspiracy theories. They just think you need to accept it and will get outraged that the idea should even concern anyone - like I said.

Exactly what demographic changes are "a fact"? Generally, trying to dispute claims for which no evidence has been produced is a waste of time. However, in this case, somebody went ahead and did it anyway. Muslims in Europe are, and will continue to be in the foreseeable future, small minorities.

Yeah, people should rightly be afraid of being made a laughingstock when making baseless, fringe claims. I honestly can't sympathize with your frustration in this regard. Who knows, maybe the fear of being ridiculed may push them to research and educate themselves. Are you also concerned that "aliens did 9/11" folks and their ilk are pointed and laughed at?

Who are these "progressives" that say we should welcome our new Muslim overlords?

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Are you also concerned that "aliens did 9/11" folks and their ilk are pointed and laughed at?

Laughed at by demanding safe spaces and hate speech laws to protect the aliens? I would absolutely be concerned.

Edited by Fighter

Can we get back to the victim blaming? I'm fascinated that these people brought this on themselves because someone else was poor or on the receiving end of fearful looks (which has a certain delicious irony to it). OF COURSE the only response to poverty is mass killing. Totally nothing to do with the religion. Nothing at all.

Sigh, if that's what you took from what I wrote then I don't really know what to say. How is it victim blaming to say that we as a society must meet this with responsibility and measure? To be equally polemic.. You think people just go mad when they convert to Islam? That the red mist descends and all reason abandon them and they are compelled to mass murder?

Perhaps the answer then is simply carpet bombing everyone with 'the wrong religion' - preferably with drones right? ..

But yes, I blame you and me for this... For the fact that when it happens we bicker like idiots..

Fortune favors the bald.

Whats the common denominator in the majority of terrorist attacks? The world is full to the gills with disadvantaged people yet somehow they go about their day without taking it out on random civilians. Or do people just go mad when they don't have a iPhone?

And everything is better with drones. :yes:

what?

the USA was created on the independence day through proclamation of the rights written in the constitution and separation from the British crown. By that the real Americans would be the ones who can trace back their family tree back to that date. There was not really much of "immigration office" back then and for a long period of time. There was no "legal" process from immigrants coming from across the pond for a long period of time, hence, technically all that came during that period were illegal immigrants, which later received citizenship rights from the US government (or in some instances that would pop up during the local census), but there was no border screening in the modern sense.

That is untrue.

The Articles of Confederation from 1781 put the responsibility for immigration firmly in the individual states hands.  The Articles were subsequently replaced by the Constitution in 1788.

The first federal Alien Naturalization Act was signed on March 26, 1790.  It was subsequently revised in 1795 and multiple times thereafter.  The Act and its subsequent revisions set guidelines for residency and established a clear path to becoming a US citizen.  There most certainly was a legal process for attaining citizenship as early as 1781 as well as restrictions on immigration.   

http://immigration.procon.org/sourcefiles/1790AlienNaturalizationAct.pdf

The Federal government took official charge of the immigration process and establish an official immigration department with the passage of the Immigration Act of 1891.

Fun fact 1:  Colonial immigration controls were actually in existence as early as 1637 at the Massachusetts Bay Colony.

Fun fact 2:  According to multiple estimates, ~ 10 per cent of current US Citizens can trace their roots back to the original 102 Mayflower pilgrims from 1620.    Makes you wonder how many current US citizens can trace their roots back to the 2.5 million colonists of 1776?

Fun fact 3:  Total US immigration post 1891 amounted to ~ 42 million.

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 1

Whats the common denominator in the majority of terrorist attacks?

Is exactly the question we should be asking. Sure 'Islam' will pop up- and should be adressed- as 'communist' or 'liberal' did back in the day or 'Christian' if we go back a little further.. but seeing as clamping down back then didn't work at all, perhaps we shouldn't stop asking when we hit the first label...

Fortune favors the bald.

But Aliens did do 9/11

It's a well known fact that aliens from Sirius B orchestrated the whole thing in an effort to stop a treaty between the Reptilians and the Greys or more precisely their puppet shadow government that is hell bent on creating alien-human hybrids to recolonize the Earth

Some people think the Annunaki from Nibiru also had a hand in it but those people are nuts

Open your eyes sheeple

• Like 4

Free games updated 3/4/21

Is exactly the question we should be asking. Sure 'Islam' will pop up- and should be adressed- as 'communist' or 'liberal' did back in the day or 'Christian' if we go back a little further.. but seeing as clamping down back then didn't work at all, perhaps we shouldn't stop asking when we hit the first label...

I dunno. When a fundamental tenet of a belief system is "smite everyone not of that belief system", then I don't hold out hope for much if any progress into the modern world.

• Like 1

But Ros the common denominator is Islamic Extremism

Its not the same as Islam  which represents the majority of Muslims

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Most groups self segregate when they have large scale immigration.  That's why most cities that have faced major immigration have districts like Little Italy, Chinatown, etc.

I must have missed a large number of terrorist attacks from Chinatown. Actually the only "terrorists" of old here are Molukkers, which were promised a country of their own but when Indonesia segregated they couldn't be given that and they started resorting to terrorism. That was about 40-50 years ago though.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Perhaps the answer then is simply carpet bombing everyone with 'the wrong religion' - preferably with drones right? ..

But yes, I blame you and me for this... For the fact that when it happens we bicker like idiots..

How about sending them all to a nation that actually has the religion they aspire. Islam. Oh wait, they just FLED from that since it's a cluster****. And other islamitic countries in all their compassion said "screw you". But surely Islam would work just fine in this new country one fled to right? RIGHT?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Nationalism (aka "patriotism"). IRA and like minded groups taking up arms killed more than 3600 people (and injured 40000). That's roughly all the casualties from Madrid, Paris, London, the Twin Towers in New York and lastly Nice together? Add to that all the left and right wing extremist attacks like the west German RAF, Italian Red Brigades, ETA in Spain, Libyan state sponsored terror attacks etc. the religiously motivated casualties are not as overwhelming by comparison as I think you think.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein