Things are not nice in Nice

Meshugger

'cause Gromnir weren't born during colonial times, so we would only be guessing. our maternal grandmother was european and we loved her.  am suspecting we woulda' liked her and her parents when they first arrived in the USA. probable not the answer you were looking for.  regardless, before US were an independent nation and were colonial, the oglala had very little relations with any europeans.  a few particular adventurous trappers?  dunno. our understanding is that the lakota as a whole were rather dismissive o' europeans for a long time.  euros were seen as weak and ignorant and not particular attractive.  assumed that the first harsh winter would kill'em, so why bother?  'sides, the lakota were too busy involved in frequent genocidal wars with other tribes who might actual pose a legit threat to be concerned 'bout colonials many hundreds o' miles distant.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

In the wake of the attack, France is doing fine, just fine.

http://europe.newsweek.com/16-french-citizens-support-isis-poll-finds-266795?rm=eu

This percentage increases among younger respondents, spiking at 27% for those aged 18-24.

Perfectly fine.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

http://europe.newsweek.com/16-french-citizens-support-isis-poll-finds-266795?rm=eu

This percentage increases among younger respondents, spiking at 27% for those aged 18-24.

Perfectly fine.

our initial reaction is to be suspicious o' the results.  one wonders what questions were actual asked... have seen crazy numbers in the past that is explained when one sees what respondents were actual questioned. 

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/11/17/in-nations-with-significant-muslim-populations-much-disdain-for-isis/ft_15-11-17_isis_views/

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Perfectly fine.

our initial reaction is to be suspicious o' the results.  one wonders what questions were actual asked... have seen crazy numbers in the past that is explained when one sees what respondents were actual questioned. 

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/11/17/in-nations-with-significant-muslim-populations-much-disdain-for-isis/ft_15-11-17_isis_views/

HA! Good Fun!

It was done by a bunch of oby's. Why in the world would you doubt them?

But seriously, the pew research didn't include the french, but i see what you mean. 

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Perfectly fine.

our initial reaction is to be suspicious o' the results. one wonders what questions were actual asked... have seen crazy numbers in the past that is explained when one sees what respondents were actual questioned.

HA! Good Fun!

Yeah, I can't imagine thats the result of the overall French population. The French Muslim population maybe, but 27% of young people supporting ISIS seems pretty daft unless 60% of young people in France are Muslim.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Easy to act all holier than thou and uppity from New Zealand.

With that said, I'm still planning on moving to Pitcairn one day.

Oh QFT

Zora is a true armchair master of how " massive structural changes to the EU are necessary  and how the West is about to collapse " yet he lives, judges and "shows concern from his nice safe world of NZ" 

Remember Zora wants the West to fail, I am use to debates with people like him...since 9/11 in fact. Dont take what he says seriously, its always the same. Part of what he says is true and relevant and part of what he says is biased and hyperbole ...its best to consider him a permanent " hostile witness about the West "   :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Akber!
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/07/woman-young-daughters-stabbed-french-resort-inappropriately-dressed/

A woman and her three daughters have been stabbed in a French resort for being ‘scantily dressed’.
An eight-year-old girl was left fighting for her life after the attack in the Garde-Colombe in the Hautes-Alpes region of Southern France.
The man is believed to have attacked the three girls outside the family’s apartment before entering the building and attacking the mother.
Jean-Marc Duprat, a deputy mayor for the town of Laragne-Monteglin in the Hautes-Alpes region said the suspect, who is not related to them, was upset they were wearing shorts and T-shirts.
He’s believed to have met the family earlier in the week and was staying next door.
The girls are believed to be aged eight, 12 and 14 while their mother is 46. The knifeman is alleged to have fled the scene by car before being arrested.

http://youtu.be/Q6omsDyFNlk

Kafir women dresses so religiously offensive! EU authorities must force them to wear a proper dress! 

Burqa1.jpeg

• Like 1

I wonder how long the french will be able to take it? The premier, Walls, was booed at the Nice vigil yesterday.

But still, Alizee makes me turn into a cartoon character and howl like a wolf. 

• Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I feel that some people would like to think that all terrorists (especially suicide ones) are mentally ill. I know that someone already pointed out that 'kamikaze' were as well commiting suicide and I am pretty sure they were not mentally ill. It was cultural background where these kind of actions were admired. Of course Japanese only targeted military targets because it was only culturally appropriate target. It doesn't seem to be to Islam tho

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

It seems some of the more disturbing elements are clamouring for a civil war.. Looks like they may get their wish, although I think not the outcome they want.

care to elaborate? not sure if I follow

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

judging by online propaganda Wahhabists want a holy war in Syria and are hoping for Muslim procecutions in Europe. Which will bring about the end of times and a new dawn of religious rule.. If they succede in their insane plan, sparking a religious/race war, I fear we'll see a repeat of 1918-1945

Fortune favors the bald.

judging by online propaganda Wahhabists want a holy war in Syria and are hoping for Muslim procecutions in Europe. Which will bring about the end of times and a new dawn of religious rule.. If they succede in their insane plan, sparking a religious/race war, I fear we'll see a repeat of 1918-1945

You mean repeat of WW2 in Europe? seriously doubt it, if anything, it will be new dawn of unified EU. EU will stop generating useless directions about maxim curve on bananas and start working on unifying under banner of democracy and scientific boom rather than religious and national bickering

I hope, but if the Le Pens of Europe manage to rally the center-right then EU is done for - it might not be war, just yet, but hardcore nationalism will shatter any chance for reform. Then they will turn on immigrants in time.

Fortune favors the bald.

I hope, but if the Le Pens of Europe manage to rally the center-right then EU is done for - it might not be war, just yet, but hardcore nationalism will shatter any chance for reform. Then they will turn on immigrants in time.

Well, I dont see these 'nationalists' currently over Europe to be that much against EU as a whole or pointed against other EU nations, but more about how EU try to dictate stupid rules no-one actually wants (no matter from which country you are). And I am pretty sure that disdain of mass immigration is actually one thing which is uniting nations in EU more and more

Edited by Chilloutman

Well, I dont see these 'nationalists' currently over Europe to be that much against EU as a whole or pointed against other EU nations, but more about how EU try to dictate stupid rules no-one actually wants (no matter from which country you are). And I am pretty sure that disdain of mass immigration is actually one thing which is uniting nations in EU more and more

There is quite lot nationalists here, who are against other EU nations especially Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Greece, Bulgaria and Romania. Because people from those countries come here to steal our jobs and they are communist criminals, etc..

As always when a technologically superior people gets invaded by a technologically inferior... Oh wait..

Yes this is 100 % relevant and I have raised  this point several times in a different way in an attempt to make some of our EU members feel better....yet people seem to dismiss it

There cannot possibly be  some kind of Islamification of Europe by these immigrants or somehow European culture and values get eroded due to a surreptitious Islamic cultural attack because the majority of these refugees wont convince most people in the EU to convert to Islam ...and they definitely dont have the economic or military resources to force Europeans to convert so I dont  get the concern? 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Not at all. There's oodles of different dynamics at play compared to what Pocahontas and co. faced, not the least of which is that the technology gap isn't there. A completely different scenario is like to unfold, and a much much much uglier one at that.

Not at all. There's oodles of different dynamics at play compared to what Pocahontas and co. faced, not the least of which is that the technology gap isn't there. A completely different scenario is like to unfold, and a much much much uglier one at that.

Big difference between these scenarios is that In this scenario France invaded another continent make it part of France and gave French citizenship to its native people and some of those new French people moved to live in main France and now some descendants of those new French people are causing problems, fueled by 15 years of war of ideologies, that has divided people all around world. 

Other where Europe problems and causes of those problems differ from France.

please, no more Alizee, I have to watch it then whole day, my GF hate her for that and I cant work

• Like 1