Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear RELEASED

Man, the look of SoD is kind of horrible. The sprites just don't look like they belong in the game world. Am I the only one seeing this?

Disable black outline of sprites.

wow. toggle one option and marc goes from "hearing choirs o' angels singing" to seeing a game that looks horrible.  go figure.

the hyperbole is strong with this one.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Man, the look of SoD is kind of horrible. The sprites just don't look like they belong in the game world. Am I the only one seeing this?

Disable black outline of sprites.

How do I do that when I'm watching someone else's Youtube video?

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I laughed so hard at the top comment earlier

"does she light up when you detect traps? "

Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

How strange, why would there be any but extremely poor transgendered people in Faerun? Magic Users are in every city and a Polymorph spell will change gender immediately, there is no need for all of the pretense. I can only blame (obviously) poor writing, lack of research and a failure to apply logic. Still hardly something to fuss over, modders are allowed to put whatever they want in a game.

I have to ask however, for those who are playing, whether the Bhaal essence at Boarskeyr (spelling?) Bridge is dealt with in any manner in this game, or just handwaved away? This seems like the only interesting plot point to me i'm afraid to say, as WotC have effectively destroyed the Bhaalspawn saga with their canonical PnP treatment of poor Abd Al Adrian.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I have to ask however, for those who are playing, whether the Bhaal essence at Boarskeyr (spelling?) Bridge is dealt with in any manner in this game, or just handwaved away? This seems like the only interesting plot point to me i'm afraid to say, as WotC have effectively destroyed the Bhaalspawn saga with their canonical PnP treatment of poor Abd Al Adrian.

The bridge plays a pretty big part in the game

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

How strange, why would there be any but extremely poor transgendered people in Faerun? Magic Users are in every city and a Polymorph spell will change gender immediately, there is no need for all of the pretense. I can only blame (obviously) poor writing, lack of research and a failure to apply logic. Still hardly something to fuss over, modders are allowed to put whatever they want in a game.

Minsc now had a random line added to the game. "Really, it's all about the ethics in heroic adventuring" - Minsc

On the one hand, that seems like a really odd and deeply personal thing to tell someone you just met and know next to nothing about.  On the other hand, RPGs, and video games in general, are filled with complete strangers volunteering personal information at the drop of a hat that a sane person probably wouldn't tell someone they just met, so par for the course, I guess.

:shrugz:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yep, content needs updating to mesh with "modern day gamers" and "sexism" has to be fought everywhere. Because **** internal logic, down with the patriarchy, privilege something something.

They had a thread over at BD discussing this too. Barely made it to page 2 before it was shot down and offenders were dealt with. You know things are ugly when you're told to go to the KKKodex if you resent someone else's political agenda being shoved down your throat. And now I'm probably treading on thin ice myself because badmouthing other companies is a big no-no here at Obsidz'...

So in other news, I'm playing through this. Installing some mods (SCS and tweaks) broke tons of strings and now items have random and nonsensical names and descriptions. Hasn't affected dialogues, so...

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The biggest crime is how boring that dialog seems. I bet they don't give you any choice to engage with the subject at all. They want to make a progressive point but are probably too afraid to write anything with any real bite. To give the player something to think about other than, "This is the correct thing to think".

I bet they could get a lot more respect if they would engage the player with a dialog and not just try to give them a diversity seminar.

Edited by Fighter
  • Like 2

"from syllables of different languages"
What kind of nonsensical snowflake way of naming yourself is that?
That seems an unnecessarily convoluted way of doing things with the express purpose of making something seem "deep".

Besides, syllables taken from a language without the rest of the word are just gobbledygook sounds.

"wa" and "ter" are both syllables, yet have no meaning unless put together.

Edit: Anyhow the character may be hamfisted, but I've seen people basing their entire negative review off that character's inclusion. That's assholish. Don't do that.
        Also don't start off your review with "I have nothing against LGBT folks but" and then write a long screed about exactly that. That is also assholish. Don't do it.

Edited by GhoulishVisage
  • Like 1

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Yep, content needs updating to mesh with "modern day gamers" and "sexism" has to be fought everywhere. Because **** internal logic, down with the patriarchy, privilege something something.

They had a thread over at BD discussing this too. Barely made it to page 2 before it was shot down and offenders were dealt with. You know things are ugly when you're told to go to the KKKodex if you resent someone else's political agenda being shoved down your throat. And now I'm probably treading on thin ice myself because badmouthing other companies is a big no-no here at Obsidz'...

So in other news, I'm playing through this. Installing some mods (SCS and tweaks) broke tons of strings and now items have random and nonsensical names and descriptions. Hasn't affected dialogues, so...

That happened with me when I installed tweaks on BG:EE.

The biggest crime is how boring that dialog seems. I bet they don't give you any choice to engage with the subject at all. They want to make a progressive point but are probably too afraid to write anything with any real bite. To give the player something to think about other than, "This is the correct thing to think".

I bet they could get a lot more respect if they would engage the player with a dialog and not just try to give them a diversity seminar.

I find it all rather odd. I've been watching this from the sidelines. Beamdog went back to try and 'fix' the original game as it's quite 'sexist'. Safana has been 'fixed' so she doesn't come across as a sex object and Jaheira has been 'fixed' so she doesn't come across as the 'nagging wife'.

I thought Beamdog was making Siege of Dragonspear as an expansion that told the story between BG1 and BG2. Apparently, making a story between two games wasn't enough. They had to go back and 'fix' the original game.   :ermm:

man, what I would give to be sex object xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I'd put pretty much any money on the transsexual being their attempt to 'fix' the problematic Edwina storyline, which literally everyone except Edwin treats as a joke and has being turned into a woman as a punishment. That, Beamdog could not change but they could add someone who makes very little sense in the context of a magical world where there's a sex swapping object and magic.

In all seriousness, I always wished I could romance Edwina. And if she eventually got swapped back to Edwin, oh well;

Edwin, like the beard, gives me something to hold on to, woof!

• Like 2

What would be quite humorous in my opinion is to have the Cleric at the end of their narcissistic lecture say in closing, "Please donate to my Patron." This is quite a fitting play on words, referencing churches habits of taking donations, Tempus being her patron in a spiritual sense, while at the same time referencing the modern phenomena of spoiled young adults begging online like the genuinely needy, instead of working for a living.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

So how is it? Was unimpressed with the original content in EE so if its like that I'll pass on this expansion to a 16 year old game.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands