US Elections 2016

Gorth

Sorry I can't find it, but the sketch from that episode where host Ariana Grande impersonates Whitney Houston's greatest vocal achievement will make you take back every bad thing you've ever said about entitled millenials you thought were from Florida but actually are Italian. 

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

So, basically, she will say anything.

You have to love how utterly devoid these people are of any solid principles that aren't subject to change overnight.

Come the election, no one will be able to say what any of the candidates stand for cos by that time they'll have slept with every ideology under the sun

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Tonight's primaries are in several 'winner takes all'-states, including Florida and Ohio.

Will Sanders prove the polls wrong again, like in Michigan? Will Trump finally stump El Rato and The Robot out of the race? This and more on tonight's circus.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Tonight's primaries are in several 'winner takes all'-states, including Florida and Ohio.

Will Sanders prove the polls wrong again, like in Michigan? Will Trump finally stump El Rato and The Robot out of the race? This and more on tonight's circus.

Just  a small correction:  Florida and Ohio are "winner take all" only for the Republican primaries; for Democrats the delegate allocation is proportional.  Confusing but true.   

Edited by kgambit

*sigh* Why make it simple when there's an open window to complicate things.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

*sigh* Why make it simple when there's an open window to complicate things.

It's up to the respective national committees to set the rules.  Heaven forbid that the two parties should actually agree on something.   :biggrin:

• Like 1

Sanders could get Illinois and Ohio, but Florida and NC are likely going to Hillary. Hopefully we get the Trump v Sanders in the general, but I'm thinking Trump won't get it if there's a brokered convention or if Rubio or Cruz drops out while Sanders is a long shot.

1458041495349.gif

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Sanders could get Illinois and Ohio, but Florida and NC are likely going to Hillary. Hopefully we get the Trump v Sanders in the general, but I'm thinking Trump won't get it if there's a brokered convention or if Rubio or Cruz drops out while Sanders is a long shot.

1458041495349.gif

A man can always dream.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I suppose you can.

Conservatives on Trump supporters

I believe it was Meshugger who posted an article a while back on how Trump was a threat to the GOP because he proved that decades of rhetoric failed to convince lower class Republicans the economic platform was good for them. Looks like they're hitting back at those supporters with the same rhetoric used against poor Democrat voters.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Ohio will be interesting. It's an open primary and Kasich may actually draw Clinton voters in an effort to stop Trump.

Sanders big chance for an upset today will have to happen there.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I suppose you can.

I believe it was Meshugger who posted an article a while back on how Trump was a threat to the GOP because he proved that decades of rhetoric failed to convince lower class Republicans the economic platform was good for them. Looks like they're hitting back at those supporters with the same rhetoric used against poor Democrat voters.

Yup.

The truth about these dysfunctional, downscale communities is that they deserve to die.

What the article is saying that the white middle class should die. Huh, that will not backfire in any way, no sir-ree. 

There's another aspect that we haven't discussed on why the establishment is so afraid of Sanders and Trump. Think of all those legal loop-holes used for revolving door policy making, all those strange national security laws which can be used to wire-tap anybody and throw them indefinately into prison and all those strange executive orders that makes it possible seize land and property how they see fit. Well, it has worked greatly as long as the president has always been sanctioned, screened and made sure to abide by certain gentlemanly agreements. 

Now imagine the panic if the president is someone not of them, but rather an outsider who is hellbent on out to get them and suddenly has all the manpower and legal authority by their own design to do so.

Undone by your own creation, that's quite biblical.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Who is 'them', exactly, in your scenario ? Sanders being a revolutionary, I can get, but can't really see Trump doing much to change the order of things - least of all with a Congress that isn't going to dance.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I suppose you can.

Yup.

The truth about these dysfunctional, downscale communities is that they deserve to die.

What the article is saying that the white middle class should die. Huh, that will not backfire in any way, no sir-ree. 

There's another aspect that we haven't discussed on why the establishment is so afraid of Sanders and Trump. Think of all those legal loop-holes used for revolving door policy making, all those strange national security laws which can be used to wire-tap anybody and throw them indefinately into prison and all those strange executive orders that makes it possible seize land and property how they see fit. Well, it has worked greatly as long as the president has always been sanctioned, screened and made sure to abide by certain gentlemanly agreements. 

Now imagine the panic if the president is someone not of them, but rather an outsider who is hellbent on out to get them and suddenly has all the manpower and legal authority by their own design to do so.

Undone by your own creation, that's quite biblical.

I dont think he means they should die literally..he means from an economic perspective 

But the article is just complete invective and unfair generalizations about Trumps supporters...they arent  all that bad

He makes it out like they are these absolute scum of the earth

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Who is 'them', exactly, in your scenario ? Sanders being a revolutionary, I can get, but can't really see Trump doing much to change the order of things - least of all with a Congress that isn't going to dance.

He has no love for Soros to begin with.

//edit: ....and probably these guys:

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Current KKK leader is endorsing Hillary Clinton and her "secret agenda". Ooooo.... secret agenda! Sounds very conspiratorial.

Not that any endorsement from anyone like this should be taken seriously. Unless of course you are a member of the news media and the endorsement is for a Republican. 

But I'm posting this purely for it's comedic value: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/12192975/The-KKK-leader-who-says-he-backs-Hillary-Clinton.html

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The Onion is now owned by a Clinton backer.