The Adra dragon is destroying me.  Party is all level 12, aside for the tavern rogue.  I've got the scale breaker ability and Aloth has Gaze of Adragon.  I've tried this fight six times now and I don't know if it's bad luck, but Aloth NEVER successfully lands the gaze spell and I more often than not miss with the scale breaker.  And the dragon just breathes the party to death.  I've even tried dropping the difficulty down to story mode and Aloth still misses. 

The Adra dragon is destroying me.  Party is all level 12, aside for the tavern rogue.  I've got the scale breaker ability and Aloth has Gaze of Adragon.  I've tried this fight six times now and I don't know if it's bad luck, but Aloth NEVER successfully lands the gaze spell and I more often than not miss with the scale breaker.  And the dragon just breathes the party to death.  I've even tried dropping the difficulty down to story mode and Aloth still misses. 

You need to get rid of the Frightened (or is it Terrified? Can never recall which one of the two the dragons cause) affliction from the dragon's Fear Aura. Use a Scroll of Protection Against Fear (or the namesake 1st-level Priest spell if you have a Priest in your party) at the beginning of the fight, and Suppress Affliction (2nd-level Priest spell, or from a Ring of Unshackling) if any of your characters are hit by the aura before the protection spell goes through.

If you have a Priest in your party, generously drop Crowns for the Faithful, Devotions for the Faithful, and Champion's Boon on your party. Dire Blessing won't hurt afterward.

Scroll of Valor and Scroll of Defense are your friends; use them like your life depended on it.

I also advise shielding up one of your party members (the one with the best defenses), and send them in alone leaning against the leftmost rock wall. They'll eat up the dragon's breath while the rest of your party buffs before diving in. Make sure you keep an eye on the loner and have them sip potions of Major Endurance now and again to keep them alive.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

You need to get rid of the Frightened (or is it Terrified? Can never recall which one of the two the dragons cause) affliction from the dragon's Fear Aura. Use a Scroll of Protection Against Fear (or the namesake 1st-level Priest spell if you have a Priest in your party) at the beginning of the fight, and Suppress Affliction (2nd-level Priest spell, or from a Ring of Unshackling) if any of your characters are hit by the aura before the protection spell goes through.

If you have a Priest in your party, generously drop Crowns for the Faithful, Devotions for the Faithful, and Champion's Boon on your party. Dire Blessing won't hurt afterward.

Scroll of Valor and Scroll of Defense are your friends; use them like your life depended on it.

I also advise shielding up one of your party members (the one with the best defenses), and send them in alone leaning against the leftmost rock wall. They'll eat up the dragon's breath while the rest of your party buffs before diving in. Make sure you keep an eye on the loner and have them sip potions of Major Endurance now and again to keep them alive.

I also suggest having more than one character casting paralyze spells to increase the chances of getting at least one hit on the dragon.  There are plenty of Paralyze scrolls to be purchased in stores.

Also, Arcane Accuracy spells and potions are useful for casters to improve their chances of having offensive spells hit.

Hey guys don't forget those F'ing Ondrite Monks, specially the ones at the north camp in Caryon's Scar (not saying the ones at the monastery lower level were a cake walk, but these guys at Caryon Scar are over the top)......I say F' those....they really need to be dumbed down a bit and brought in line with rest of the WM2 difficulty......these guys made the fight with High Abbot look like a stroll through Eden....

I soloed the game with a Wizard. Hardest fights by far were Alpine Dragon and Radiant Spore. Honorable mentions are Adra Dragon, Concelhaut, Undead Raedric, and Kraken. If I had to pick one I would probably go with Alpine Dragon. I totally melted Llengrath. The Eyeless mobs in WM2 were really tough. Had more trouble on them than some bosses.

• Like 1

I soloed the game with a Wizard. Hardest fights by far were Alpine Dragon and Radiant Spore. Honorable mentions are Adra Dragon, Concelhaut, Undead Raedric, and Kraken. If I had to pick one I would probably go with Alpine Dragon. I totally melted Llengrath. The Eyeless mobs in WM2 were really tough. Had more trouble on them than some bosses.

Couldn't you just cheese those with the plethora of "kill vessels on hit" weapons available?

Have killed Adra and Alpine Dragon, Concelhaut,and I made all vanilla missions, only WM2 remains so Lengrath is there right?

Llengrath is introduced in WM2, yes. There's an encounter at the west gate of Stalwart (after you kill Concelhaut) that opens up a new area in the world map. She's basically the Concelhaut equivalent of WM2.

Hey guys don't forget those F'ing Ondrite Monks, specially the ones at the north camp in Caryon's Scar (not saying the ones at the monastery lower level were a cake walk, but these guys at Caryon Scar are over the top)......I say F' those....they really need to be dumbed down a bit and brought in line with rest of the WM2 difficulty......these guys made the fight with High Abbot look like a stroll through Eden....

Weird, I found the monks at the Scar a pushover. The one unavoidable fight in the monastery was something else though, I had to reattempt it multiple times until I finally figured a way to deal with the engagement-disregarding monks and suppress affliction spam. There's plenty of room to maneuver in the Scar but none in the monastery which was probably a key factor.

Edited by kvaak

Phew, first play through on Potd. Chanter main, all custom pcs, no min maxing, no priests, wizards or ciphers. Just one poor lonely druid.

Concelhaut has been painful on hard, so much so that I have had to resort to cheese, like pulling him out into the corridor by himself.

Well, as I said first darn Potd run and everyone and I mean everyone comes running out. Really painful fight, druids are fantastic but for these sort of fights having another caster type as well really would help. Pity I don't like them :) Any road, Concelhaut on Potd is down.

Not sure how to beat the 2 dragons though. Adra is okay on hard, but those adragan so are going to be a pain on Potd. I found the adds for the alpine actually much easier on hard than for the Adra though. It's just the blasted dragon. Lengrath won't happen, I'm too much of a goody two shoes.

Tough fights so far on Potd:

Concelhaut. Mercenary group just North of where you enter in Cragholdt bluff. The one with loads of merc brawlers. Caed Nua entrance hallway. Temple of Eothas shades. Vithrack bounty. Undead south of Ogres in Russetwood. Those Fampyr beguilers are no joke.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Alpine dragon unless you are level 14+. You really have to prepare for that fight and I have never done it on potd without cheese tank distraction tactics but I have always done it at level 11 / 12.

Magran and brynlod bounties are no joke either. I wonder if anyone soloed them.

Spirit of od nua can also be tricky, also any fight with adragans Can turn nasty if they get their returning storms and dominate off and you don't have priest and are sleeping.

Magran and brynlod bounties are no joke either. I wonder if anyone soloed them.

They're not that hard to solo, just really tedious. Unlike most other bounties, the enemies in those two fights will never stop chasing your character, so you have to spend five to ten minutes running around in circles and slowly plinking them to death. Though at least Brynlord's map has a semi-decent choke point you can abuse.

for as long as even a single crowd control ability is effective there can be no true hard fights, a single aoe prone with buffed accuracy is more than enough to end even the hardest fights. If it's not prone then it's stun or paralyze or petrify and even if all these would fail I really like the disable provided by the new wizard "vortex" spell accompanied by a wall spell and high interrupt and all 3 can be cast in less than a second with speed buff + clothes + high dex wizard... it's just gg.

Adra Dragon for sure for me. At the very least Adra Dragon at level 12 in original game was much harder than any of the others at level 13+. Have never fought Adra Dragon at level 16 so its possible its quite easy if you do.

Beat all the WM bosses (Llengrath, Alpine, Concelhaut, Radiant Spore, and Kraken) on the first try on PotD, while Adra Dragon killed me 2-3 times on hard first time I played the game.

I think the Adra Dragon to me was more difficult because its alpha strike (the breath it opens combat with) is so strong, so unless you send in a lone tank to eat it you're just rolling the dice and hoping your whole party doesn't get screwed. The others give you time to act letting you cast buffs and CC/debuffs. Llengrath especially would probably be really hard if it wasn't for the fact that her gang starts all the way over there, so when they actually come you're already Alacritied, Crowned for the Faithful, and standing in a Moonwell.

Edited by limaxophobiacq

Just finished my first playthrough.

I think there are two ways to weight the difficulty of fights. One on the 'absolute' scale, were probably Llengrath, Alpine and Radiant Spore would take the prize. And another related to the perceived difficulty upon first stumbling. For example I still remember that bear in the cave. On level 1, it took me 6 attempts to realize that it is nigh-impossible to beat him. For me it was as follows (from hardest to easiest):

1. Bear in the cave (lvl 1)

2. Warchief Iklak (stumbled upon on lvl 4; gave up after 7 attempts; only on level 5 could finally kill him)

3. Zolla + ogre + ogre druid (lvl 4; it took 4 attempts)

4. Adra Dragon on lvl 11 (lvl 11; took 3 attempts) (it feels like both breath and wing slam range is way bigger than that of other dragons)

5. Felisa and her gang (lvl 8; 3 attempts)

6. Llengrath (lvl 16, 2 attempts)

7. Final battle at white forge (with dwarf spirits and guardians) (lvl 10; 2 attempts) (the first Shadowflame hit all party, and was spammed again and again)

8. Radiant Spore (lvl 14, 2 attempts)

9. Alpine Dragon (lvl 15, 2 attempts)

10. Eyeless ambush (lvl 12, from first attempt, but my frontliners ran out of health)

11. Ondrite monks (that fight at Reliquary) (lvl 14, from first attempt, but it was brutal)

12. Colcelhaut (lvl 15, first attempt)

The first try on Llengrath was quite hilarious tbh. I summoned all figurines and I suppose that's what triggered both the dragons to start the fight with dual Breath attack, annihilating my backline. And the second breath followed instantly after the Second Chance kicked in. While the next try (without figurines) sealed the deal.

Edited by MaxQuest

All You guys are wrong :D the most difficult fight are spectre in caed nua at the begining of the game, when playing solo :) All dragons, mages etc. are nothing comparing to 4 spectre solo at level around 4 with class other than mage.

Actually they're not that hard when you know how to deal with them. With plate and Rymrgrand's Mantle they will do no damage to you. You grab the sword from the entrance with bonus vs spirits and you kill them one by one while standing in the corner. And of course you need high mig/con to avoid stunlock....

3) Concelhaut (Inside the chamber, its extremely difficult to win...?)

2) Alpine Dragon (Recent Immunities against paralysed / Stunned)

1) Radiant Spore (God... Without preparation, who can pass this battle the first time with a team offensive oriented ?)

My first playthrough was as a Druid.... Once I entered Gilded Vale and encountered the loud mouth Raedric Lackey and friends at lvl 2 I engaged them about 10 times in a row. They always crushed me. Never tried since....

• Like 2

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

I'm surprised that many people find the Radiant Spore that hard. If you free the vithraks at the beginning, the fight doesn't require much tactics - you go for the big spore and you hit it fast and hard because when it dies the tentacles disappear too. 

^^^ the stat checks to free the vithrack are not that easy. I almost alway play a resolve,perc and int kinda character. Not sure what stat and how high it is required but ive never managed. And the fight with them is tough

Edited by rheingold

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

^^^ the stat checks to free the vithrack are not that easy. I almost alway play a resolve,perc and int kinda character. Not sure what stat and how high it is required but ive never managed. And the fight with them is tough

I think you need 15con/res.